mtbr member
    May 2007

C/S big ride this Sunday, 29 Jan

Got some folks coming to check out lots of our trails. The ride will start at 10am from Stratton OS off of Ridgeway. If we can get some more locals to join who want to ride a good bit or all of the route we will split into 2 groups; folks up front training and the second just enjoying the trails at whatever pace. In other words the A group won't really stop much or wait up and the B group will be more social (the folks in A are all cool, just looking to do some solid training). Below is the tentative ride plan for those who know the area; lots of ways to shorten it.

Singletracks through Stratton OS up to the Chutes and up the Chutes.
    Down some of Gold Camp Rd, down Stephanies and then up the other bit to Sec 16.
    Up some of Sec 16 to Intemann and then all of Intemann to Crystal Park.
    Down Crystal Park and over to Balanced Rock to climb up Rampart Range Rd.
    Drop a great trail off of Rampart.
    Climb out of above trail to add the loop part of Waldo.
    Back down connector to finish fun trail off of Rampart.
    In to Manitou to hit all the Manitou sections of Intemann.
    Either ride in Red Rocks a bit, then going up to Sec 16 or part of Intemann. Or the other way on all of Intemann.
    After all that some may simple climb Stephanies and GC to finish down the Chutes.
    Some may add a Palmer/Sec 16 lap and/or the back side of High Dr. to hit Jacks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Went part way up columbine trail today, i didn't make it up to the top before it started getting dark, but columbine was super icy, are the chutes dry?

Almost Human
    Sep 2007
    Hole Cow Batman!
    My legs hurt just reading that. Ouch!

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    Im sure KJ knows but the chutes have a little ice, intemann has a lot, section 16 is a mess. Lets just go to pueblo??? I want to join in but holy smokes man, what kind of "folks" you got coming down????

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The Chutes are in good shape. I've been doing Buckhorn and Jacks lately too; some ice patches but all rideable.

gotta get up to get down
    phew, big ride! me & becca may be among the B group if there are others willing to go at a slower pace, sounds like some fun trails though!

I'm with stupid
    Have fun, I will be stuck at work day dreaming I was riding!!

I tapped that
    Last edited by hitechredneck; 01-27-2012 at 07:27 AM.

Inflexable...
    Talk about dick waving...
    Tact is for people not witty enough to be sarcastic...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    p-dubs and wafoo - Come on out. You guys know these trails so if you aren't into the training pace thing just rip the good single track and enjoy the silly nice Jan weather. There really isn't much sketchy, make you significantly change your line, ice on this route. The guys coming down to train are a mix of serious amateur and some pro racers training for really long races.

kchri - If the in depth route description strikes you as "dick waving", sorry. Just trying to get folks together for a big day while giving as much info as I can. If that doesn't make sense, well...

I'm with stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri View Post
    Talk about dick waving...
    Oops sorry, didn't mean to bring up I was at working and able to daydream at the same time. I'm a bit of a multi tasker.

I tapped that

Inflexable...
    Ha ha...

Kip - just envious and funnin with ya!

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri View Post
    Ha ha...

Kip - just envious and funnin with ya!
    Kip probably missed the dick waving - dude brah post....

I gotcha kchir!

Inflexable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude View Post
    Kip probably missed the dick waving - dude brah post....

I gotcha kchir!

If so, he really needs to try and keep up...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    kchri - no worries, I can see I'm out of the loop and I wasn't offended; just confused as I often am. I never take anything written here seriously; no way to know who is kidding/being sarcastic and I can never remember which mtbr name goes with what real person (sorry to those who live as though mtbr forums are the real world).

mtbr member
    You mean the internet isnt the real world, dammit jim. Ill be riding sunday as long as the temp is what its suppost to be, today was cold to, much previous frost nip/ bite experiences. hopefully my command post will be fixed or have a new one and do some good training on the enduro on the downs, as North Carolina for the next month is flat and boring, how spoiled we are here.

Jonesy

Twin Six METAL Team
    How often do you guys do rides like this? It sounds like a lot of fun! I'm moving there from Omaha in March and would love to join you guys for something like this...if you don't mind the new guy in town inviting himself! Of course....I'll probably be dying on my first few rides due to the altitude change, but I'd give it a shot!

Chris

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010
    I really want to go to pueblo but I really like to get my ass kicked by pros as well (makes u faster)....this will be a tough call but I think Im in! If the Bday party Sat night does not get out of hand (and the whiskey) I will plan on it!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Chris and Wafoo, come on out. I think I have recruited more folks who know the route and don't plan on riding training pace up front. We should roll through Ridgeway at 10am.

Twin Six METAL Team
    Quote Originally Posted by kjbike View Post
    Chris and Wafoo, come on out. I think I have recruited more folks who know the route and don't plan on riding training pace up front. We should roll through Ridgeway at 10am.
    I wish! I won't be out there until mid-March! I'll definitely catch up with you guys then!

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    I'm headed down to the area tomorrow (although not for that leg busting route posted by the OP). This is probably a long shot, but does anybody know if the 7 Bridges trail to 668 to Capn Jacks route is rideable?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    mtg7aa - 7 bridges is a pretty technical climb in good conditions (I only know a few riders who can cleanly pedal up most of it); I haven't been on it in a while but I'm guessing its more hike than ride for anybody right now. 668 is Pipeline and I'd be really suprised if the upper bits are doable, the lower part in Bear Creek Canyon might be good. All of that said; the smaller Buckhorn/Jacks loop is good to go. Some riding around ice patches (might be slush tomorrow), but lots of good dirt. Feel free to jump in on our little jaunt; you can always back track whenever you've had enough.

rider of bicycles
    Jul 2008
    I've ridden (and hiked a bike) 7 Bridges once before, the descent down pipeline into cap'n jacks is awesome.
    Anyway, I figured those higher parts would not be rideable, but figured I'd ask.

Your route is probably more than I could handle at the moment.

I'm with stupid
    So how was the ride today? Any pics?

I tapped that

STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

Big ride

How was it?.......in one word.....Demeaning, here is a pic! Animals! JK, It was a blast, some serious talent!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails C/S big ride this Sunday, 29 Jan-knee.jpg  

I'm with stupid
    Nice!