Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Build Session 10/24

2K views 44 replies 11 participants last post by  s1ngletrack 
#1 ·
Ok heres how we gonna do it. Everyone is invited, We will meet on sunday 10/24 @ 10am at the park and ride @ Union and 6th, its on the sE corner. Please bring any tools you may have, Esp we could use some drills some shovels a battery powered saw and 2 ladders. We are going to build a jump to the drop landing so you have a different option and work on a new drop ~ 7ft with the same type of landing. Oh and if you have any way to get wood plz bring it, esp in 2 ft long sections. if anyone knows were they are building new houses plz tell me so i can go get some scrap from them. Drinks and burgers will be served. thanks!!!

#2 ·
snowskilz said:
Ok heres how we gonna do it. Everyone is invited, We will meet on sunday 10/24 @ 10am at the park and ride @ Union and 6th, its on the sE corner. Please bring any tools you may have, Esp we could use some drills some shovels a battery powered saw and 2 ladders. We are going to build a jump to the drop landing so you have a different option and work on a new drop ~ 7ft with the same type of landing. Oh and if you have any way to get wood plz bring it, esp in 2 ft long sections. if anyone knows were they are building new houses plz tell me so i can go get some scrap from them. Drinks and burgers will be served. thanks!!!
When you want to get your two Yeunglings and Yellowcard tickets?

#4 ·
it figures

couldn't hit the drop last weekend because of a bum ankle, I just got to slave away and anchor in a few things. Which by the way someone has to hit the skinny on the left! Now that everyone knows how sweet Todd's land is,and is gonna get up there, I have family comming in for the weekend... Oh well, mabey next weekend! Can't wait to see the things that you guys get goin up there. TONS O' POTENTIAL

#8 ·
bpatterson6 said:
I'm in. I'm there sunday, weather permitting. The Weather outlook is great!!!
High of 61 and Low of 35 both Saturday and Sunday with a 10% chance of precip on sunday. So it looks like we are in great shape!!

Eric, Im down for a saturday urban session too! The Wife says it's cool!
Lets hook it up!
-BP
Hot diggity damn! I gotta work till about 2, but I could meet you downtown around 230 or so...?

#16 ·
the new bridge

Ok so heres the dealio, we all know that the 6fter is butter so for sunday our goal will be to build a 10 ft drop, i will buy wood sat and chop it into little pieces so that we can use it on sunday. so thats why we need a ladder bc i dont know anyone that can get a 10ft bridge up that high prolly be about 13 ft tall bc of the landing

#17 ·
Todd that sounds sweet! I'm all for that and will bring my armor and full face on Sunday as well as a few shovels if I can find any. For the 10ft drop I suggest that you try and make it so that you can get a decent amount of speed for it, cuz from the looks of the 6ft drop itd be a bit challenging to get speed, and as we know hitting drops with speed is just funner. :D

#18 ·
snowskilz said:
Ok so heres the dealio, we all know that the 6fter is butter so for sunday our goal will be to build a 10 ft drop, i will buy wood sat and chop it into little pieces so that we can use it on sunday. so thats why we need a ladder bc i dont know anyone that can get a 10ft bridge up that high prolly be about 13 ft tall bc of the landing
99% sure I can bring a ladder, I'll check in the morning.

#19 ·
Todd depending on how I make it up there and what car Im in I could bring a dozen or two fence pickets if that would help at all for like the actual ladder links.... lemme know.

#21 ·
Well crap!! Looks like you guys are going to be having serious fun while this corporate monkey gets to work (yes, on Sunday). Take some good footage and catch some air for me....

Yeah....I'm going to have to ask you to come in on Sunday.....

Attachments

#22 ·
SilentK said:
Well crap!! Looks like you guys are going to be having serious fun while this corporate monkey gets to work (yes, on Sunday). Take some good footage and catch some air for me....

workin on sunday is highly overrated, i think you need to call in sick!

#24 ·
SilentK said:

Isnt that exact scene from at the beginning when he says "Right.... Peter we need to talk, see there's a problem with your TPS reports.... did you get the memo?"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.