Yappy little dog!

Buffalo Creek Epic Weekend

This should be fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    This is great and I am hoping to make it this year to lend a hand. All this time is spent building new singletrack but shouldn't we take this time to maintain and repair all the existing singletrack? The new trails are excellent but the old ones are getting worse every season.

Middle and lower Baldy are pretty jacked and getting worse. Lower Gashouse needs a whole lot of work. The CT - well the foundation takes care of some of that re-routing and repair. When it rains hard up there it just further degrades some sections of those trails because the water runs right down the middle of the trail. Before you know it, everyone is riding around the bad zones and creating wider trails which make it even . If we were to spend the time putting in rainwater diversions on the trails and cleaning up some of the sections, they might last a lot longer.

Just an opinion.
    WTF

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyturn
    This is great and I am hoping to make it this year to lend a hand. All this time is spent building new singletrack but shouldn't we take this time to maintain and repair all the existing singletrack? The new trails are excellent but the old ones are getting worse every season.

Middle and lower Baldy are pretty jacked and getting worse. Lower Gashouse needs a whole lot of work. The CT - well the foundation takes care of some of that re-routing and repair. When it rains hard up there it just further degrades some sections of those trails because the water runs right down the middle of the trail. Before you know it, everyone is riding around the bad zones and creating wider trails which make it even . If we were to spend the time putting in rainwater diversions on the trails and cleaning up some of the sections, they might last a lot longer.

Just an opinion.
    I agree with you and we have a trail maintenance day this Saturday. Check the Team Evergreen site for details.

I am all for putting in the time to fix the old trails. With nearly 50 miles of trail, it is not that easy to keep ahead of the curve. BC is not close by and it makes it a little tough to do weekday mini-crews. Also, when the weather is nice, it's hard enough to get folk to build new trail let alone work on old trail. Obviously, it's a tough game we play.

If you are interested in leading up a mini-crew for maintenance work, please PM me and we can try to set something up. Maybe a combination work/ride day.