Endo-free since July '08

Buffalo Creek Conditions

Anyone ride there this weekend? How are conditions out of Pine Valley, the CT, and/or from the work station? I may take the SS out and need to know if it's too early or not.
    Just keep spinning.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I'll bet it's too early. I have no actual first-hand knowledge of that, but I have a feeling it'll be another month.... Check the pine cams and many of the places have lots of snow remaining...

http://www.pinecam.com/index.php?showWebcam=1

Singletrack Daydreamer
    It might be worth scouting and reporting back, but I'd guess it's still a week or two early. Looking at the Motionbased history from 2006 the first ride somebody logged in BC was April 1, but in 2007 it wasn't until April 21.
    Train 'til you puke. Cheat to win. Party like a rockstar. We miss you, Jan!

Yappy little dog!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogiwolfman
    Anyone ride there this weekend? How are conditions out of Pine Valley, the CT, and/or from the work station? I may take the SS out and need to know if it's too early or not.

At least a month, maybe more. There is a LOT more snow there than you think.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

There are

5' drifts all over the place. The snow piles in front of the Pine Valley pee holes are so big you can't even open the doors. Yellow snow everywhere. It will probably be late May until it is good. Total snow fest, slop fest etc. I wouldn't even bother checking until the first week of May if that!

Actually I'm going to ride to Pine Grove tomorrow morning, I'll take a peek.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Thanks in advance for the heads up Mateo! I can't wait to ride in your neck of the woods again!

Endo-free since July '08
    I am stubborn and didn't believe 5' drifts in Pine Valley, so went up there with bike in hand, or on roof-rack anyway. Pine Valley has very little snow in the park, with no 5' drifts that I could see, but Buck Gulch would be buried in snow. Then, cruised over to the CT and rode Chair Rocks. It is mostly clear and dry with a couple hike-a-bike sections on North facing exposures. Then, started up the forest road from the work station in Buffalo and got in about 3.5 miles before the trees thickened and the road got pretty snowy. Good news is that the little lower Sandy Wash section was perfectly dry, so I enjoyed hauling ass on that section. Things will look even better this time next week.
    Just keep spinning.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

It snowed/rained last night!

Some of the drifts in Pine Valle have sunk to about 4' now. I would stay away until at least the end of May! I think there is supposed to be another storm roll through tonight as well, sky is falling! It's probably best for everyone to concentrate on Green Mountain for now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    yogiwolfman should ask for a sarcasm meter for his bday

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    BC will be great once the snow melts. Just wait a bit longer and pray to the Snow Gods to hang out over Chicago or Minneapolis somewhere like that.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    I'm so ready for some Buffalo Creek medication...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Get back to work deadbeat!

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomtb
    Some of the drifts in Pine Valle have sunk to about 4' now. I would stay away until at least the end of May! I think there is supposed to be another storm roll through tonight as well, sky is falling! It's probably best for everyone to concentrate on Green Mountain for now.
    Seems like somebody is trying to pull a CB at BC

Endo-free since July '08
    What is this "sarcasm" of which you speak? I might head up there again Saturday for a ride less epic than expected.
    Just keep spinning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    Hear that brother.

This is working for me in it's place for the moment.