mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Buffalo Creek Conditions?

Anyone know the conditions out at Buffalo Creek? Snow on the ground?

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    I have not been up there in a while but the pine cam says ride away.

http://www.pinecam.com/index.php?showWebcam=7

Now with 20% more fat!!
    It's effin wonderful. There are a few spots here and there that are wet, but mostly just tacky and great riding. Spent 3 excellent hours out there today. I might have to head out there tomorrow afternoon if the Rockies don't win tonight (have tix to Game 5 Monday - if nec). Weather and trails are just too perfect.

That's what she said
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the update, I plan to head up Tuesday. Hard to believe I have only been to buffalo creek once this year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD303
    It's effin wonderful. There are a few spots here and there that are wet, but mostly just tacky and great riding. Spent 3 excellent hours out there today. I might have to head out there tomorrow afternoon if the Rockies don't win tonight (have tix to Game 5 Monday - if nec). Weather and trails are just too perfect.

I have to agree..rode the CT today and it was amazing...always a good time up there

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Yeah -- I did a late afternoon/night ride last night -- CO Trail to Gashouse, Charlies Cutoff, etc... and the trail conditions were so good that I went right back early this morning. No snow, nice and tacky conditions.

Although with all this talk of mt lions when I was about 12 miles in (at dusk/darkness), I heard a noise on the rocks above me (on the Gashouse climb) which was probably a tree branch or deer but my over-active imagination turned it into a mt lion that was stalking me for the rest of the ride. Needless to say, I ripped the Gashouse climb and downhill faster than I've ever ridden it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Conditions were perfect out there yesterday....well a little dry but perfect temps for an awesome Sunday afternoon ride.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    weimie, was that you and a friend that I startled yesterday? Rode up behind some ladies kickin' butt down SandyWash yesterday and startled the front rider after passing the rear rider (who I assume thought I was her friend behind her and started talking to me before realizing that I'm a dude and busting up)... lol

Once coming down Sandy I was totally focused... I hear a noise behind me (some guy FLYING up on me) that scared the crap out of me... I must have bunny hopped five feet straight in the air.

Anyway, if it was you, nice to almost meet you! lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    weimie, was that you and a friend that I startled yesterday
    Don't think so....I was with 2 guys. Were you riding a SS 29er with a blue jersey? We saw some guy on a SS 29er while we were climbing up Charlies Cutoff.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    The guy up front didn't look winded at all, had a big smile, and was riding a SS also, right? You guys were killing that uphill - nice work. That was me... small world!
    Last edited by JSD303; 10-29-2007 at 12:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The guy up front didn't look winded at all, had a big smile, and was riding an SS also, right? You guys were killing that uphill - nice work. That was me... small world!
    Yup, that was me and the bf, both on SSers and his was a 29er also, that's why we noticed you. Nice to kinda meet you

mtbr member
    As of yesterday (10/30/07)..... very very sweet! Did Colorado Trail (550/126 Intersection) -> Tramway (down) -> Gashouse (up) -> Charlies Cut-off (down) -> Sandy Wash (down) -> Shinglemill (up) -> Colorado Trail.

No snow encountered and the only water was a tiny stream crossing on the CO Trail.