Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Not just famous; infamous
    Reputation: coolhandluchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,073

    Buffalo Creek/CO Trail on Saturday?

    Well, I finally have a weekend off, so I'm looking at riding saturday. Thinking about BC, probably the CO trail section between the Rolling Creek and Little Scraggy trailheads, but I'm pretty flexible as long as I don't have to climb up Buck Gulch. Anybody want to join in?
    (map here: http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.13 )

    Warning: I've been on my bike twice in about 6 weeks, so this will be a sloooowwwww ride as far as I'm concerned.

    Should be fun though, and there's lots of options for people who want to ride on ahead and do different loops in BC. I'm open for other rides as well, just want to get back in the saddle without killing myself.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    Well, I finally have a weekend off, so I'm looking at riding saturday. Thinking about BC, probably the CO trail section between the Rolling Creek and Little Scraggy trailheads, but I'm pretty flexible as long as I don't have to climb up Buck Gulch. Anybody want to join in?
    (map here: http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.13 )

    Warning: I've been on my bike twice in about 6 weeks, so this will be a sloooowwwww ride as far as I'm concerned.

    Should be fun though, and there's lots of options for people who want to ride on ahead and do different loops in BC. I'm open for other rides as well, just want to get back in the saddle without killing myself.
    I'd join you, but, the wife want's to do lift-assisted rides at Keystone. Oh well.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  3. #3
    Not just famous; infamous
    Reputation: coolhandluchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,073

    The plan...sort of.

    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    I'd join you, but, the wife want's to do lift-assisted rides at Keystone. Oh well.
    I think that's where a lot of people will be. But all the cool people will be at BC.

    Here's general idea:

    We're meeting at the Rolling Creek trailhead at 11am. The best way to get there is to go down to Bailey, make a left turn before the gas station and take the dirt roads back. (Take CR68 from Bailey, turn onto Rd 560 and follow it to where it intersects the CO trail, the trailhead)

    We'll be riding the CO trail from west to east, but we may just wander once we're on
    the trail so be ready for anything.

    Again, here's the map:
    http://frmbp.org/e107_plugins/conten...php?content.13

    later--Dan

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    924
    Rode Buff Creek for the first time yesterday. BOOYA, CO Trail > Shingleman > 543 > 550 > Gashouse Gulch > Miller Gulch > Sandy Wash

    One of my best days ever riding.

  5. #5
    Inflexable...
    Reputation: kchri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,902
    Glad to see you make it over here Rontele...maggot!

    Sandy Wash has to be one of the funnest downhills around...

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by kchri
    Glad to see you make it over here Rontele...maggot!

    Sandy Wash has to be one of the funnest downhills around...

    Maggotdom just controls the interweb

    And I agree that Sandy Wash was one of the funnest downhills I have done. I am already counting the time until next weekend when I can get back out there. Any other good loops or routes to try? Although i really did like the route we chose.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluchs
    I think that's where a lot of people will be. But all the cool people will be at BC.

    Dan
    Well, except for my wife, she's pretty cool.

    Keystone was great, how was BC?
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sandan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    7,698

    Good job!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele
    Any other good loops or routes to try? Although i really did like the route we chose.
    Go up Sandywash, continue up Charlies Cutoff at the top of CC take a right on the road til Skipper and go up that. At the top take a right descend Buck gulch, climb Strawberry Jack, take a left on the road and descend either CC > Sandy or go past CC and descend Miller Gulch to Sandy or Gashouse or Baldy to the road or....
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke





  9. #9
    Not just famous; infamous
    Reputation: coolhandluchs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by sandan
    Well, except for my wife, she's pretty cool.
    Keystone was great, how was BC?
    BC is always great, I don't think I've ever had a bad ride there.
    We rode a total of 18 miles, out and back, on the CO trail. We almost made it to the Shinglemill connector. My legs are still tired. That climb from the campground to the Rolling Creek TH is a beeyatch. We climbed up the Green Mtn trail on the way back, which didn't help either. If we would have skipped GM, we would have saved our legs a bit of suffering...but what's the point in that. That which doesn't kill me, hurts a whole hell of a lot.

    Anyway, great ride, my first mtb ride of the summer, unfortunately. If the temps ever get back down under 90 degrees, I'll resume my mtb training by towing my daughter around DTC. It's just been too hot lately to cart her around in a little plastic tent.

    I'm sure we'll be riding BC again this summer...stay tuned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •