Thread: Buffalo Creek

Go hard or go home

Buffalo Creek

Hey,

Got a long ride in me tomorrow - thinking about Buffalo Creek - anybody been up there lately? Snow in the trees probably? I saw the posts about SSV and Sourdough...

mtbr member

Good to go

Rode 23 miles out there last Sunday. A little damp in some of the gulches. Otherwise dry as a bone. Have fun
    Now if you're wonderin' what I think of it all, just read the back of this postcard. - WSP

Go hard or go home
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglePowderTrack
    Rode 23 miles out there last Sunday. A little damp in some of the gulches. Otherwise dry as a bone. Have fun

Suh-weet!! Thanks for the info!

Endo-free since July '08

See ya there

I'll see ya in the area, Sinjin. Keep an eye out for a black SC Blur with a brand new King rear wheel! Rockin!
    Just keep spinning.

Now with 20% more fat!!
    Might just see a Black Sheep in the area, too...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SinglePowderTrack
    Same here.
    I have one firm belief about the American political system, God is a Republican and Santa Claus is a Democrat P.J. O'Rourke

Go hard or go home
    Groovy...I have a blue Mountain Goat Route29er SS...

mtbr member
    Yup put in a 3 hour ride there last sunday on my zion. It's good to go. Did notice though that part of the gashouse trail is pretty chewed up from horses. That was a little upsetting.

MIKE_THE_WRENCH
    Hey my name is Mike, I'm riden a c dale ss, I'm riding tomorrow to, and I could swing a buffalo creek ride what time might you be riden if you don't mind a new tag along?

Go hard or go home
    I will probably be up there around 9am or so...usually go to the parking lot at the top and ride over to the campground, then up and around...but I could be swayed. Have never ridden out there from the ranger station...

mtbr member
    Might be there tomorrow too. I'll be on a black Zion SS 29er.

MIKE_THE_WRENCH
    I have only been to the lot at the top on the right that you pay to park at? I saw the one on the the left near the houses which one is closer to what you are used to? I can go anywhere

mtbr member
    I park at the top. Never in the fee area though usually on the side of the road somewhere. I'll most likely be there. I guess around 9 or so.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Help.
    Where is this so called parking? I went one time only & parked at the ranger station & had stsnot to guide me.
    I wanna go, but I got no idea where.

Crystal Lake Rd.?

Now with 20% more fat!!
    lubes - I believe they are talking about parking near Little Scraggy trailhead. You can find a map of the trails in BC at frmbp.org:

http://www.frmbp.org/maps.html

Hope that helps.

mtbr member
    From Denver at pine junction go left on 126. I assume the ranger station is somewhere at the bottom of the hill on the left side of the road (I've never parked there this is a guess). Keep going past that you'll start going up. Once you pass the burn area to your right and the fire signs. You know the signs " See how the forest that you so admire goes up in smoke with a single fire". Once you pass the fire signs you'll be within a few minutes. They'll be a right hand turn on to a dirt road and as soon as you hit the road you'll see a fee area to your right. I assume that's what everyone is talking about. At least that's what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Thanks y'all. I remember up to the ranger stn, so should be an easy find.
    Hope to see some other wheelerSS out that way........

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A few of are are going tomorrow to ride but I'll be there with my dog (a Boxer) today. Keep an eye out for me.

Tomorrow- I'll be on a green Turner Spot and there will be a black Turner Spot, a white Cannondale with a Lefty, and a couple of others. We will be there around 9 AM- probably the Pine Valley parking lot. Feel free to join up or say Hi.

Go hard or go home
    Rode Buff Creek, Green Mountain Loop with Tigerwah on Saturday - it was friggin beautiful out, clear and nice, with the trail in pretty good shape. Many fewer people than usual as well. Other than my spastic disregard for rear cog size on my singlespeed with 29er wheels, the ride was awesome!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I went there with the dogs on Saturday and rode there on Sunday. It was fantastic on both days. We did Shingle Mill, CO Trail to Green Mountain Loop, and then down Tramway to the dirt road and back to the parking lot.

I hope the weather stays relatively dry for another couple of weeks. I can give up snowboarding for riding.
    Attached Images Attached Images