TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON

Buckhorn Rd...Pennock Pass...White Pine Mountain...and beyond.

Pingree Park training ride
    The gear.

The rain.

The wet rocks.

The low clouds.

The summit.

The singletrack.

The profile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I rode up there Sunday

Pennock, White Pine, Old Flowers. I am amazed at the potential up there.
    That climb on White Pine was wicked!!
    11 Epic Expert 29er
    Blacksheep SS

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by santa_cruzer
    I am amazed at the potential up there.
    Agree. I spent around 12 hours riding up there on Saturday and Monday. I am looking at the potential to complete a solo self supported route similar to KTR. Maybe something around 150-200 miles in length. I still need to get a map for the north side of Poudre Canyon up to the WY border....so I can connect the dots with the trails/roads on the south side.
    Last edited by KERKOVEJ; 05-27-2008 at 03:45 PM.

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ
    Agree. I spent around 12 hours riding up there on Saturday and Monday. I am looking at the potential to put on a underground solo self supported event similar to KTR. Maybe something around 150-200 miles in length. I still need to get a map for the north side of Poudre Canyon up to the WY border....so I can connect the dots with the trails/roads on the south side.
    Forest Service has a map of the Roosevelt and Arapaho National Forest with most of the trails and roads on it all the way up to the WY border. Not as detailed as Trails Illustrated, but covers some areas not covered by TI. Pick it up for $5-7 at the USFS Office in FC on Centre Drive between Drake and Prospect.

Also, don't forget some of the stuff south of Buckhorn, like Donner, Storm, etc. Nice trail across from the White Pine road.

mtbr member
    I've come up with a route for going from Estes Park to Beaver Meadows that I will probably try out late this summer...68 miles with 14-15k of climbing. The mileage breakdown is 35 miles singletrack, 22 miles double track/jeep road, 10 miles gravel county road and ONE mile pavement. All of these trails are shown on the trails illustrated maps, nothing super-secret about them at all, you just need to get out and ride them like Mr. Kerkove is doing.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Great pics. I felt like I was there.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

what nice teeth you have
    Thats some cool stuff.

RYD W/ FLO
    Mar 2007
    got in 100 miles up there Sunday and Monday. Sh!t Goddamn that was hard. Even the "descent" back to Fort Collins included over 2,000 vert of climbing not to mention the weather on Monday, still trying to warm up!

My route was: Sunday- up Rist Canyon Rd., Up Buckhorn Rd., Up White Pine Rd., down some amazing singletrack from the saddle of White Pine to Old Flowers Rd., Old Flowers to Pingree Park, down Dadd gulch trail, camp on Pingree Park rd.

Monday- Up Pingree Park, over Old Flowers to Rist and back home.

Phew! Jeff you are an animal! Saw you on Saturday on Old Flowers during your first buckhorn loop, then a ride on Trail Ridge Rd. the next and then this again on Monday?! Damn.
    Last edited by karatemonkey; 05-28-2008 at 11:34 AM.