Thread: Broken Foot

Rocket Scientist

Broken Foot

Well today at The MSC Nathrop Chalk Creek Stampede on the DS Course, I crashed on the second set of doubles and I broke my Left Foot. There goes my dang summer and season! I broke what they call the "CalCaneous"?(sp?)...8 weeks out...

Sucks!!!! I'm Bummed!!!

Thanks to Doc Gravity for the help!! Your are one nice guy!!

sushi lover
    May 2006
    ouch! that sucks!

Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    That really sucks Billy - I'm sorry to hear it. How did it happen?
    Now with more vitriol!

mtbr member
    Doooood...seriously that sucks! 2 months isn't that bad....heal quick!
    Biker? I don't even know her.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Damn... I'm sorry to hear that, get well soon!

Stand back
    Awww, man that stinks... Heal quick and come back strong for Keystone!
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

Still on Training Wheels!
    That sucks Billy

Just look at it this way... by the time your foot heals, you'll finaly have your 303 to build

Heal quick
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

Rocket Scientist
    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla
    That really sucks Billy - I'm sorry to hear it. How did it happen?
    I jumped the first set of doubles in the "Blue" lane and my left foot came off and so I was trying to get it under control for the second set and slammed my foot into the first jump on the second set and that was all she wrote. Pisses me off. I'm so bummed. My 3rd lap on my new bike.

a dad
    Jan 2004
    bummer.....also by the time it heals it might be cool enough to ride during the day...looks like its gonna be a scorching summer... good luck healing up!
    BBZ

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Benjamin Franklin

Cynical Bystander
    Billy what are you talking about, being out of riding all summer...

I think you need to just tap some holds on the bottom of your cast for an spd cleat and you're good to go!

All things aside that really sucks man and I'm sorry to hear it. Also, you should get online, I need to order some things through the team...
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

eci
    go buy some pom poms for the next two months...

get well soon brother

Student
    broke my wrist 3 weeks ago, comes off in a week, i know you pain all too well, get well soon friend, i wish you nothing but the best,
    [SIZE="3"]The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Get well soon man, your yeti misses you already! scott

Out Of Control
    Get well buddy and keep your head up!

mtbr member
    Heal quick, Billy.

mtbr member

ouch

Bummer about the foot man! Hope that it heals quickly and well. so.... can I borrow your Yeti's? Kidding... get well soon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Blue
    Bummer about the foot man! Hope that it heals quickly and well. so.... can I borrow your Yeti's? Kidding... get well soon
    You're too late! I was trying the same thing while he was still lying in the dust. Hurting bad enough to not think completely clearly (i.e. the tough SOB drove himself back to Denver with a busted foot), but clear enough to tell me what I could do with the idea of my babysitting his 4X. Scott

the black pearl
    my wife and i saw you crash. the pain in your eyes was just like mine when i snapped my leg 6 weeks ago. it sent chills down my spine and i knew you snapped something immediately. i rode my bike from glenwood to colorado springs last weekend to increase bloodflow to my broken leg. it worked and i didn't re-break it this weekend. i think the more blood flow you can get, the quicker your recovery will be. plus, those sixsixone ankle braces look like the bomb and might get you back on your ride quickly.

i hope you get a bit better everyday!

ron cook
    www.powerwheelie.com

Rocket Scientist
    Thanks for all the kind well wishes guys! I really appreciate it. It helps to know that your fellow riding buddies are with ya! Today I got a Fiber glass cast on my leg and a bit of good news. Surgery is VERY common for this Injury, but comparatively speaking my Injury is rather mild, but very painful. No Surgery will be required and I'm out for 4 weeks. Which means that it will be close, but I might be back in time for Snowmass 'Blast the Mass'. Kinda Bums me out. But hey, It could have been worse. Maybe it's a bit of bad carma...me b1ching about not getting my 303 yet. Guess that'll show me
    Hey at least I got a HOT Yeti 4x! Which, I CANT RIDE For 4 weeks but I guess Better late than never Again, Thanks for all the cool well wishes!

Flowtronic engineer
    I broke my ankle on May 24th in 2001. Sounds similar in terms of healing times. I spent a lot of time riding the trainer and watching the Tour. Its not too bad, theres worse things to watch when pedaling in your liviing room. Find a good physical therapist and be more than diligent with the program. If you are no weight bearing for 4 weeks, its gonna take some work to get back to full strength.
    I broke my hand on May 4th this year. I'mcurrently defying Dr's orders and riding my new 575 a few weeks before he'd like, but I'm gonna hold off on DH racing until Derr Valley I think. I've just been wrapping the **** out of my hand/wrist and trying to take it easy, but its tough on a new bike with a 36 Van.
    Remain calm, drink milk and eat lots of yogurt and cottage cheese. Buy all the new riding vids your heart desires.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson

eci
    Quote Originally Posted by shabadu
    I broke my hand on May 4th this year.
    Yo! howd you break your hand? was it right after we saw you up at scotts land? Heal up quick!!!

Flowtronic engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by snowskilz
    Yo! howd you break your hand? was it right after we saw you up at scotts land? Heal up quick!!!
    Yeah man, about 4 days after that. I punched something that I should not have punched. The first thing I thought about was: DAMN, no Angel Fire..then it was DAMN I just got that jump line dialed at Scott's, I want to hit it again and again...soooo good.
    XC riding for at least another week, then I'll probably get up Scott's and conquer that line again.....sooooooo good.
    It was pretty funny when Kevin came by before leaving town with his gimped shoulder, and I was like..."Dude, I gotta run, gotta go get X rays." We were pathetic.
    I really identify with you...SO MUCH.

"Feelin stupid? I know I am."
    "You just have to forget everything you know about gravity."
    H. Simpson