old skool newbie

Broad Daylight Assault

Nearly got my arse kicked Friday in Evergreen.
    I was happily rolling along through some familiar trails when from out of nowhere this Brother knocks the wind out of me.

"yucca"]
    Totally caught me off guard and I tried to rally against him but the past few weeks of coughing didnít actually increase lung capacity as hoped.

I managed to skulk off but rethought my plan to make an assault on Evergreen Mountain.

yucca

Instead I tried a casual pace through the backside of the park to loop back to the parking lot. The bearberry trail didnít completely waste me, but again I had to fight off heavy legged demons. I looked for any crack in the armor to use to my advantage.

yucca

Then came the three sisters.

yucca

They have some technical prowess and although they may not beat you down with a long fight, theyíll test your fighting skills and maneuvers. Hopefully itís just a residual effect from the flu and my fight with their brother but I again got my butt kicked. One time I was crossing a water bar when they took me down and if I hadnít stuck the boot in a couple of times they would have taken me down again.

yucca

It was nice to get out in the daylight, but I would call that ride a TKO for the trail.

I work in .001 tolerances
    I thoroughly enjoyed reading that

mtbr member
    GB - good stufF!

was at 3sis yesterday and rode brothers for 2nd time ever - IMO - not worth the time but it was dry. Prolly a good place to meditate and such.

as for the sisters - they usually knock me down a few times or at least draw blood.
    Last edited by calzonical; 01-21-2013 at 02:34 PM.

The 5th knuckle
    Nice. Be careful with those water bars. When you punch them..... no bueno. PBR kicked the snot out of me at Ridgeline yesterday. 3 months of being a sloth.... makes you ride like one. I sulked off hacking like a 2 pack a day smoker.

Nice to see you getting the cost per mile down on that fattie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Heads up Flyboy!!
    Must be going around. My wife and kids had it last week. This morning I woke up with a sore throat. Immediately grabbed the pickle juice from the fridge and started gargling and then flushed the sinuses with the Neil Med.

Good on ya for facing the Brother and the Sisters!

old skool newbie
    Here is a little video of me scampering off with my hardtail between my legs...

calzonical- I don't usually ride up to the brother's lookout either, just past it. I would have thought you were one of the few that could ride up the sisters.

Jaycastlerock - You can regain fitness quicker than you can regain the balls to ride certain parts of a trail. Good on ya for getting back out there. Now get back over to Apex with a sledghammer and beat the sh!t out of that waterbar.

MGE- that is just disgusting, really.

The 5th knuckle
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Jaycastlerock - You can regain fitness quicker than you can regain the balls to ride certain parts of a trail. Good on ya for getting back out there. Now get back over to Apex with a sledghammer and beat the sh!t out of that waterbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

mtbr member
    Dig the stoke man! I needed that

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Always cool to see the snow bikes.

mtbr member
    I'm not sick and don't have the flu, but my SS kicked the living crap out of me last night. Geared bike babies me and let's me wuss it if need be, but the SS lovenly gave me the push I needed (as always). It's a love hate relationship when the fitness is low.
    It's not how old I am, it's how old I feel - Minor Threat

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supermoo View Post
    Always cool to see the snow bikes.
    Agreed. Now it just needz to start fricken snowing

old skool newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by zorro View Post
    I'm not sick and don't have the flu, but my SS kicked the living crap out of me last night. Geared bike babies me and let's me wuss it if need be, but the SS lovenly gave me the push I needed (as always). It's a love hate relationship when the fitness is low.
    I believe that the SS is good for raising your heart rate, which can be good for fitness increase, but the gears also help you ride at a lower heart which can help increase endurance.