Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Breezer Thunder Pro??

Anyone have experience with this bike?

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes..._1083950_-1___

Spec'd out nicely. From $2600 down to $1500 plus Perf Bike has 15% off.

Yes, I have a fevah for a new bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    26 inch hard tail......I would stick with the longboard!

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    RIP JOEY!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyKlvVPpxo8
    Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrock450 View Post
    I hear ya but I've never (so far) connected with 29ers and this Breezer appears to be spec'd out a good bit higher.

But yeah I definitely need to check out the local Longboard first.

ride
    From what I've seen, the build quality on the Breezer is head and shoulders above the Longboard. Spot definitely makes some good bikes, but I wouldn't consider the cheap overseas Longboards among them. Joe Breeze is original gangster and Breezer has been making top notch bikes for many moons. It's good to see Breezer getting back into the mtb business. He's all about bike friendly and a good dude to support.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    If I were you I would walk into Colorado Cyclist and look at this one http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/BREAKPR5 It seems the price tag on the bike was even lower than what their site says. But still a tad more than the performance bike. Just a quick look it seems spec'ed very similar except carbon 29er with 10 speed drivetrain.

Curtis

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    They also have a Giant 29er hardtails pretty reasonable. http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/GIAAKPLS

No I don't not have any affiliation with them. Just a customer having received good service from them.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    Spot definitely makes some good bikes, but I wouldn't consider the cheap overseas Longboards among them.

He's all about bike friendly and a good dude to support.
    shame on spot for farming out overseas

Joe Breeze is a good bicycle person to support and as far as I know, has never sold garbage with his name on it.

integrity always wins in the long run

Rigid in Evergreen
    I don't quite know what to think about the new Breezers. I haven't ridden one yet, much less seen one in-person, but what I have seen / read so far hasn't gotten me very excited (nothing bad per se, just sort of ho-hum). My recommendation to anyone buying a hard-tail at this point is to go 29'er (unless you have a specific reason that a 29'er won't work for you). Regardless, test-ride and demo as much as possible.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    Igo 29'er (unless you have a specific reason that a 29'er won't work for you)
    hype never works for me, bicycles do

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm surprised there is no TT length, head or seat angle on that page. How is one to make an impulse buy without these facts?

OOPS, just found it...
    Last edited by 1niceride; 07-03-2011 at 08:42 PM. Reason: cant read...

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    An aluminum Breezer? Isn't that kinda like turkey bacon? I have serious respect for Breezer, but no thanks. I'd get the Longboard (or a steel Breezer).

Rigid in Evergreen
    hype never works for me, bicycles do

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kristianthepsychedelicfreak View Post
    An aluminum Breezer? Isn't that kinda like turkey bacon? I have serious respect for Breezer, but no thanks. I'd get the Longboard (or a steel Breezer).
    why not go custom steel and give someone like Carl Strong the business?

once you go custom, you'll never impulse buy another bicycle again

stop sending money to azia

keep it home

mtbr member
    Thanks for the input everyone... I'm going to go check out that Spot. Does anyone have a clue what a good condition (import, I assume?) Longboard should reasonably fetch? She's asking $1200... anyone know what the bike went for new? Haven't been able to find that. Is a grand about right?

A little concerned about (schnauzer?)'s comments about the wheels being shite. I don't really want to immediately sink hundreds more into it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Any bike at that price point is not going to have the greatest wheels. If you have seen schnauzer's arsenal of bikes it might make a little more sense. He has good taste and a nice budget for bikes too!

My friend has the same bike and i would say that the wheels are not spectacular and he had some issues with the cranks too but he got those warrantied no questions asked.

I think they went for around $1800 new and they were being blown out on ebay a while back from a guy in denver for around a $1000.

If it's used i would offer a $1000 and if she says no then just walk away. I am guessing she will be bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    Thanks for the input everyone... I'm going to go check out that Spot. Does anyone have a clue what a good condition (import, I assume?) Longboard should reasonably fetch? She's asking $1200... anyone know what the bike went for new? Haven't been able to find that. Is a grand about right?

A little concerned about (schnauzer?)'s comments about the wheels being shite. I don't really want to immediately sink hundreds more into it.
    Last edited by cbrock450; 07-05-2011 at 06:51 PM.

mtbr member
    thanks for the info cbrock!

mtbr member
    shame on spot for farming out overseas

Joe Breeze is a good bicycle person to support and as far as I know, has never sold garbage with his name on it.

integrity always wins in the long run
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Breezer is also an imported bike.

ride
    In Taiwan as in the US, there are good builders and there are some not good builders. If you find a Longboard with a frame that is in alignment and does not have a Spot brand rear hub or crank, I'd say go for it

Disclaimer - I do not sell Spot and I do not sell Breezer.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

banned
    sure it is

so are santa crud, neiner and all of those other pretend boutique bike "industry" companies

i'd rather give Joe Breeze my money than any of the money grubbing pretend boutique dirtbags

hell, i'd give special-ed my money before those fools

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr View Post
    If you find a Longboard with a frame that is in alignment and does not have a Spot brand rear hub or crank, I'd say go for it
    i respectfully beg to differ on that and not just because one would be sending dollars to azia

a frame that is in alignment brand new may not have been fabricated properly and put on the alignment rack to temporarily put it in alignment

after being ridden, a frame that left the torch misaligned and was realigned cold will eventually return to that misalignment to a certain degree

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Bikesdirect has it for $1400, and you pay no tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    The guy who was blowing them out on ebay awhile ago (couple years back) was an acquaintance of mine who wrangled himself into a Spot dealer "deal". Basically he was buying the Taiwan bikes the real dealers didn't want and then p*ssing them off by parting them out on ebay for dealer cost.
    Speaking of which cost was around $1000-1200 on them depending on how many he got at once.
    Comparing the Longboards to the made in US frames that he got the US frames were wayyyyy nicer and had a better ride to them (I built 3 or 4 custom bikes up for him plus some Longboards).
    Ignaz is right about the cranks and hubs being shite. They are the same quality as parts on $5-600 bikes (or lower). The wheelset is generic WTB that was coming on a ton of bikes a couple years back and are the same as any stock machine built wheels. Get them trued by hand by someone good and they'd be twice as good.
    Fwiw, the new Breezers parts spec is frickin' awesome for the prices you can find the bikes for and worth the money even if you hate the frame and just strip the bike for the parts. That said I'd take the Breezer (even an aluminum one) over a Longboard any day.
    Bikes=Sanity

mtbr member
    Sounds like some varying opinions on both the Breezers and Longboards... the lady with the Longboard hasn't returned my most recent call so maybe it's gone. Wish I could see/ride a small frame Breezer. Unfortunately would have to order it. I'd really like to see and ride one, because I'm concerned their sizing runs large. The specs on Performance Bike (assuming they're right) states the seat tube length is 17" I normally see that 15-1/2 to 16" on small framed bikes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast