mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos

Out for a walk today and stumbled across these stunts on a trail called B-Line. Looks like it is freshly built and well designed. These are city sanctioned trails, way to go Breck! Sorry about the pics, poor IPhone camera. Snow should be gone shortly with warm temps forecasted this week. Fun trail, about a 1/2 mile long and then dumps out onto about 10 sick 180 degree berms back down to the trail head. Since these are City owned trails, to find, park at the Carter Park Dog Walking area. Head up the trailhead and you'll see the bermed trail...keep following it up and you'll see the B-Line trail marker. Tons of other trails in the area too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos-img_0097.jpg  

Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos-img_0101.jpg  

Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos-img_0102.jpg  

Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos-img_0098.jpg  

Breckenridge stunts--B-LINE photos-img_0100.jpg  

mtbr member
    Wow. Need to check this out once the snow is gone. Breckenridge shows the other "MTB capitals of USA" how it is done.
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    There's another mini park below grandview. and a non city sanctioned one by the water treatment plant.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Appears way too scary to be worth my time.

(beat ya to it, SS!)
    22 Going on 23

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    B-line and 4 Oclock FR were built by the town. The town also has built a pump track near the ice skate rink. They are trying to accommodate the FR/stunt folks. We'd like to accommodate the DH crowd with some trails but there isn't much town controlled land that is suitable for that kind of use. Breckenridge has long been one of the most progressive towns in terms of its trails policy. It has worked with land owners, the Summit Fat Tire Society, hiking groups, wildlife biologists and botanists to create a fantastic trail system that is accessible from town and connects to the wider trail system in the national forest. We've (the community at large + the town) tried to create a trail system that provides a wide variety of experiences while still being good stewards of the land. It's a tough balance to strike, sometimes it means no trails in some places or decommissioning unauthorized trails/stunts/features. All and all though, I think they have a pretty open mind. It doesn't hurt that the mayor, several of the town council members, and most of the open space staff are avid mountain bikers

mtbr member

go breck

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaba Klaus
    Wow. Need to check this out once the snow is gone. Breckenridge shows the other "MTB capitals of USA" how it is done.
    Kinda small to be saying that don't ya think, Klaus? Not exactly showing (ahem, WP) mountain bike capitals of the USA how it's done. Couldn't resist could, could you?

Offer still stands dude... come up and we can ride new stuff with DK from whizzler before it opens. PM me.

Regardless, nice work Breck!

mtbr member
    What is even cooler about that trail is that you can shuttle it. But it's not that long, and there are a lot of hikers on the lower part of the trail you take to get out of the 'hood. I'm sure there are different options, too. There is a heck of a lotta trails around Breck....wish I had more time to ride them. For XC, I'd say it's definitely worth a destination trip.

It's just that Keystone is right over swan mtn and they have real dh trails and a lift.

As for B-line, it's kinda of easy "blue" if you ask me. The ladder skinnies may make it a black. If you only had an hour or two, it's def a kick in the pants fun time.
    Biker? I don't even know her.

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    i think breck is just a little bit jealous of the DH trails surrounding them

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SylentK
    What is even cooler about that trail is that you can shuttle it. But it's not that long, and there are a lot of hikers on the lower part of the trail you take to get out of the 'hood. I'm sure there are different options, too. There is a heck of a lotta trails around Breck....wish I had more time to ride them. For XC, I'd say it's definitely worth a destination trip.

It's just that Keystone is right over swan mtn and they have real dh trails and a lift.

As for B-line, it's kinda of easy "blue" if you ask me. The ladder skinnies may make it a black. If you only had an hour or two, it's def a kick in the pants fun time.
    Stunts aren't my thing, but from what the folks do like it say, I agree. The idea wasn't to make the raddest baddest FR park out there. Since this stuff is free, open to the public and unmanaged, probably for good reason they are pretty leery of making things too crazy. If you want the bigger stuff, there are the ski areas that charge fees and provide an extra layer of management to cover the costs and risks.

All that said though, this is all new and as they move forward with this kind of stuff, they may become more comfortable with increasing the difficulty/bravery level if they have good feedback and few problems with what they have. As it stands though, the number of people using traditional XC type trails far out weigh the number of people looking for FR/stunts/gravity stuff so that's where their main focus is. That may change in the future, but for right now, although they're willing to devote time and money to it, the FR stuff isn't the highest priority

Slopestyle Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by zrm
    Stunts aren't my thing, but from what the folks do like it say, I agree. The idea wasn't to make the raddest baddest FR park out there. Since this stuff is free, open to the public and unmanaged, probably for good reason they are pretty leery of making things too crazy. If you want the bigger stuff, there are the ski areas that charge fees and provide an extra layer of management to cover the costs and risks.

All that said though, this is all new and as they move forward with this kind of stuff, they may become more comfortable with increasing the difficulty/bravery level if they have good feedback and few problems with what they have. As it stands though, the number of people using traditional XC type trails far out weigh the number of people looking for FR/stunts/gravity stuff so that's where their main focus is. That may change in the future, but for right now, although they're willing to devote time and money to it, the FR stuff isn't the highest priority
    It's cool that it's separate from the resort and free/accessible to everyone... like I said, good job!

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Some video footage-May 23, 2010

http://coloradoyoopers.blogspot.com/

Riding the features, with my only XC bike at the moment, my Niner Sir 9 Single Speed! I did put my DH pedals on it. Intense Tracer 29 coming sometime in June. My fiance got the little one on her first try, her SS 29er too.

mtbr member
    Looks fun!

mtbr member
    B-line has been in the works for the last 3 summers, and it's supposed to continue. My favorite end of the day shuttle run in town. I take the bus up to Baldy mt. town homes, ride down Baldy rd. a bit, hook a left onto Juniata, it crosses Baldy again and hits the connector, then to Barney Ford, then crosses Moonstone rd., stay left onto the B-Line, then the Moonstone trail hooks up with either the Carter Park switchbacks, or go left to Jack's Cruel Joke, and then I'm home. Can't wait until this stuff is ready to go!
    Catalina wine Mixer!

Chronic 1st-timer
    It is kinda short, so I recommend parking at Kenosha Pass or Como & pedaling there.
    22 Going on 23

Colorado
    Looks fun!

Thanks for the info. Seems like a good post-ride play area.