Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I wreck alot

Breckenridge/Keystone - Looking for riding partner

I'll be traveling from FL to Breckenridge,CO in August and am looking for a riding partner to do some downhill riding with.

Disclaimer - I live in the Southeast..the only downhill I get to ride is North Georgia and Alabama...This is going to be my first time on an actual downhill bike (I currently have an AM setup). I'm married, 29 and mature (in case it matters).

Would anyone be willing to ride with me on some of the local downhill trails? I'm not going to be the fastest rider obviously and you can expect some wrecks, but I'll try anything! The days I have available to ride would be Fri-Sat, August 24-25th.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'd be game but I'll be working! Have fun!

- sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Living the High Life
    Hey, bring a few beers for afterwards and I'll do a few laps with ya.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SoWal_MTBer View Post
    ... and you can expect some wrecks
    Count me in! Not sure of my schedule that weekend, but I might join you for Keystone. You may want to post again the week prior to remind people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm good for some laps at Keystone. Like Steve said, post a week heads up. Tip: park in the lot next to the gondola, not the main lot. I think Honki Dori is the name of the little side road you'll want to take to park there. Hey lthnu, how'd you do at Crested Butte? Did you end up going there on Thursday?

Too Close To The Hill
    Jun 2007
    I'll bike with you at Keystone. I'm not very good.
    Lacerations through intact armor are a mark of talent... or stupid... or both...

I wreck alot
    It looks like we may be able to get a small group of people to ride. As asked, I will post again here a couple weeks before. Looking forward to it!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    yeah post again later if you might. I ride alone because of my schedule and I'm the only gravity rider in my circlle of friends.
    and the road becomes my bride. Where I ride my bike is home.

Shread Ready
    I was @ Keystone today. Good times. Depending on what my schedule is at the time I'd be in as well.

I wreck alot
    Just posting another reminder. I'll be in town the 24th-25th to ride downhill at Breck or Keystone! I'll post another bump 1 week out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I'm down for that. Are you planning on using the lifts? I bought my epic pass yesterday so it won't matter to me either way.

(edit, use the lifts and ride downhill at the resort, as opposed to ride somewhere in the massive area btw. keystone and breck. either option, i guarantee you, you will love!)

Free your heel...
    I'll be up there on the 24th and I'm happy to ride with you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Just posting another reminder. I'll be in town the 24th-25th to ride downhill at Breck or Keystone! I'll post another bump 1 week out.
    I see your sig says "I hate climbing". You're going to love Colorado then.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

I wreck alot
    Yes, I will be using the lifts and renting a downhill bike. See my original post at top for more info. I will PM you guys my cell number so we can meet up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bfostuh View Post
    I'm down for that. Are you planning on using the lifts? I bought my epic pass yesterday so it won't matter to me either way.

(edit, use the lifts and ride downhill at the resort, as opposed to ride somewhere in the massive area btw. keystone and breck. either option, i guarantee you, you will love!)
    Does that epic pass count towards the lift for DH at keystone, i purchased one to but its not specific about what summer pass is.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Yeah I'm good for the 25th at keystone. Post up when it gets closer for a plan.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by richccc View Post
    Does that epic pass count towards the lift for DH at keystone, i purchased one to but its not specific about what summer pass is.
    Yes it does, if you buy a 2012-2013 epic pass you are good to ride summer DH lifts for free at keystone and breck. i bought the local pass (restrictions/blackout dates and vail+BC), but i'm pretty sure epic local or epic summit cty passes would still get you this perk. i guess i will find out soon!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Keep in mind that on the 24th, Breck will be crazy busy with the US Cycling Challenge being in town that day. I'm unaware of any free DH riding at KS. All I'm aware of is $50 off a summer bike pass when you buy next winter season's pass in advance. I'll be riding KS on the 25th.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Alright so who's in for the 25th and what kind of rider are you. I'm pretty good intermediate rider not to big on the big tabletop stuff, fine with technical dh and dropoff's and other jumps.

I wreck alot
    Quote Originally Posted by richccc View Post
    Alright so who's in for the 25th and what kind of rider are you. I'm pretty good intermediate rider not to big on the big tabletop stuff, fine with technical dh and dropoff's and other jumps.
    I am def in. I'm from the South East, so this is going to be my first time on an actual downhill bike riding lift access stuff. I'm an intermediate/confident trail rider. I don't want to hold anyone up, but would rather ride with at least one other person.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I'm in unless I get a search and rescue call and gotta go. I'm 2 miles from KS and will ride most anything there other than a couple sketchy spots.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    wow, they advertise "free summer access" if you buy a 2012-13 epic pass, but it seems like that applies to sightseeing rides on the gondola...you only get a discount for bike haul. i'll have to call about that this week when i get time to confirm. to be honest i think that's kinda BS/false advertising, but i was gonna buy one anways, so..

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    wow, they advertise "free summer access" if you buy a 2012-13 epic pass, but it seems like that applies to sightseeing rides on the gondola...you only get a discount for bike haul. i'll have to call about that this week when i get time to confirm. to be honest i think that's kinda BS/false advertising, but i was gonna buy one anways, so..
    Yeah i called today and they said its $15 for a bike haul pass and lift is free. Can't find that anywhere on the web so I'm going to call keystone tomorrow and find out the exact deal. I bought my pass in May. I'm going to keystone this sat also so will post up the details.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Upset

Ok just called Keystone and they said if you have a season pass you gett $9.00 of your ticket price. Not much to brag about.

Dirt Bike Craig
    I'll be traveling from FL to Breckenridge,CO in August and am looking for a riding partner to do some downhill riding with.

Disclaimer - I live in the Southeast..the only downhill I get to ride is North Georgia and Alabama...This is going to be my first time on an actual downhill bike (I currently have an AM setup). I'm married, 29 and mature (in case it matters).

Would anyone be willing to ride with me on some of the local downhill trails? I'm not going to be the fastest rider obviously and you can expect some wrecks, but I'll try anything! The days I have available to ride would be Fri-Sat, August 24-25th.

Thanks!
    I'll be in the area from Aug. 24th-31st. Renting a time share condo 10 minutes from Keystone. Should be good times!
    Check out my photography on RedBubble http://www.redbubble.com/people/fmxdbc

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast