mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Breckenridge Campground for MTB

Four of us would like to try out the Peaks trail, Kenosha Pass, Georgia Pass, Wheeler trail and the area and are hoping for some guidance on a great campground that would be well located for accessing some of these trails.

We will be staying for four days in a popup camper in early August and would like a wooded area, preferably by a creek or lake. We don't really need much in the way of amenities and would like to avoid the typical parking lot "RV" campgrounds . Just need a level area for the popup and a simple outhouse will do.

Thanks much for any suggestions. I am unfamiliar with the area so have done quite a bit of reading here and saw some references to "Jefferson Creek Campground", but I am not sure if this is where we need to be.

Thank You for any help you can provide.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Quote Originally Posted by Kansasflatlander
    Four of us would like to try out the Peaks trail, Kenosha Pass, Georgia Pass, Wheeler trail and the area and are hoping for some guidance on a great campground that would be well located for accessing some of these trails.

We will be staying for four days in a popup camper in early August and would like a wooded area, preferably by a creek or lake. We don't really need much in the way of amenities and would like to avoid the typical parking lot "RV" campgrounds . Just need a level area for the popup and a simple outhouse will do.

Thanks much for any suggestions. I am unfamiliar with the area so have done quite a bit of reading here and saw some references to "Jefferson Creek Campground", but I am not sure if this is where we need to be.

Thank You for any help you can provide.
    Best fit for you would be off Tiger Rd. (see map)

There is nothing here but a place to set up a tent or park a RV/camper. It is near a stream....and the Colorado Trail is right there. Easy access for any vehicle...road is gravel.

If you need an bathroom, you basically have to hit up a NFS campground around Dillon Res between Dillon and Frisco. I cannot confirm is there is 'pit toilet' or not. Don't recall seeing one while riding in the area.

mtbr member
    The tiger road stuff is good. There is also a camp spot on boreas pass road that has a vaulted toilet. Selkirk campground. No reservations taken or needed on off holidays. I stayed there last July and saw one other person.

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If you want developed toilets you'll need to go to one of the Forest Service campgrounds around Lake Dillon. Primitive dispersed camping (no toilets or water) is located as some have said up around the forks of the Swan (Tiger rd near the Colorado trail and lots of other great riding) or up Miners Creek near Frisco (Right on the peaks trail). Selkirk campground is nice, has toilets, and is near the Gold Dust trail, but it's on the other side of Boreas Pass near Como

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    i PM'd you my suggestion.