mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Breckenridge Brewery Falling Rock Tap Room

Some of each. I talked to a guy at Great Divide the day after the GABF ended. He said when he was in Denver he always made a beeline to Falling Rock because they had Pliny The Elder on tap and he couldn't even buy PTE in bottles in Miami.

Falling Rock has an incredibly extensive list of beers. If you want to try multiple local brews, you can come here and sample from many craft brewers. The walls are lined with hundreds and hundreds of bottles. And it's real dark in there, wish I'd had my tripod!

Breckenridge Brewery--they have a restaurant near Coors Field and a tap room on Kalamath. I strolled into the 22nd and Blake St. establishment and it had just opened and was empty. One of the bartenders took me behind the bar and told me the story of Danny Williams.

In short, Danny Williams was a GABF legend, all around great guy, had a mine in Boulder County where he kept all the Gold Medal GABF winners at 50 degrees (true story) but sadly died this year. Many commemorative beers have been brewed in his honor, this Porter was brewed by BB and given to all the winners of this year's GABF.

Mr Beer: Estate auction taps Danny Williams' gold mine of beers - The Denver Post
    Last edited by xcguy; 12-02-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Falling Rock does indeed rule.

Front Range, Colorado
    Great thread and thank-you for taking me back to some great memories. Not so much the beer but the location. Long story but let's just say I got lucky inside the brewerie many Years ago.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Maybe you got lucky in one of these booths:

A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett