mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Boulder Stazio Criterium Races Canceled

That is 5 races canceled
    My roots are off road, but I like Crit races and some hill climb road races...

Anyone else looking to race in March, on or off road, in or out of state. Let me know, I am willing to offer sponsorship and shared transportation.

giddy up
    Are you serious????? I have never even done a crit but love to watch them. This is really sad news. We live in the cycling mecca and those crits out at stazio have become tradition.

do you know why? I'm assuming DBC has pulled out. Any chance for Boulder Racing to step in and keep in going? Brian, you listening???? We need to get some powers involved and get this back up and running. If its the city than we are hosed but if not, there could be hope.

any links to explain the reason?

Thanks

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by papawheelie

any links to explain the reason?

Thanks
    I read somewhere or other that the city's charging a ton of money for 'rent' to make up for not being able to 'rent' out the ball fields on those days.

Not that I remember where I read that.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

feel the Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Debaser
    I read somewhere or other that the city's charging a ton of money for 'rent' to make up for not being able to 'rent' out the ball fields on those days.

Not that I remember where I read that.
    That;s right Debaser. Sad part is that some people have come forward to fund the difference, but DBC is in a pigheaded battle with the city over this. Guess who loses? not the city, that's for sure...

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    DBC release about the crit cancellation and Boulder-Roubaix date change

http://americancyc.web152.discountas...ticleNumber=15

Not so local alternatives to racing on some of those weekends

http://cultcross2008.blogspot.com/

Time to go farther
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelTired
    That is 5 races canceled
    My roots are off road, but I like Crit races and some hill climb road races...

Anyone else looking to race in March, on or off road, in or out of state. Let me know, I am willing to offer sponsorship and shared transportation.
    That sucks, they are great training races and speedwork
    On-One Lurcher SS
    Speedway Cycles Fatback Ti SS
    1984 Trek 560
    http://slipangles.blogspot.com/ - It's supposed to be fun

what nice teeth you have
    There are a few local races still going on. Most of these will have collegiate and non-collegiate(?) categories. If the fields are small for the open categories they will usually throw you in with the college racers. This is mainly a spring thing and will be done by mid may.
    http://rmccc.org/Rmccc%20Calendar.php

If you want to see some really awsome racing, CSU is hosting collegiate road nationals this year. May 9-11. Looks like they may be making one pass up the stadium hill for the road race (ouch).
    http://www.fccyclingfest.com/usa-cycling-nationals

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Road nats course starts at the CSU stadium, up over stadium hill (neutral until after the downhill), out towards masonville, glade road loop a few times (4 for the men I think?) then back over all the dams, over bingham hill, then on overland for a finish at the stadium.

There is a slim, slight chance I'll be racing it. Would be fun!

FT$
    mtbr member
    MAN ALIVE Parks and Rec! way to be supportive of your citizens, not to mention a local company. Guess I'll have to go out and mtb Mesa Trail that day...oppps! ...no bikes allowed in Boulder Mtn Parks...never mind.

F'n A!

what nice teeth you have
    That is one hell of a race course. Its right before finals. I think I am going to watch or volunteer just so I can blow some steam off. Good luck making the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by zecanon
    Road nats course starts at the CSU stadium, up over stadium hill (neutral until after the downhill), out towards masonville, glade road loop a few times (4 for the men I think?) then back over all the dams, over bingham hill, then on overland for a finish at the stadium.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by zecanon

They should have the race finish atop one of the big hills, like the north dam. That would make a worthy national champ indeed.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

what nice teeth you have
    I think the nationals topic need its own thread. Sorry to hear about stazio.
    Collegiate road nats coming to fort collins