Apr 2004

Boulder asking bikers, dog walkers, environmentalists to set trail rules

Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    As much as I'd like new trail to ride I would like to see the current trails that are closed to bikers stay closed. That leaves miles and miles of hiking for the dedicated hiker to go to without having to deal with us nutso bikers, so they always have a place to go and hike "unmolested".

What I'd like to come out of this is "forcing" the militant hikers to accept our existence and deal with it amiably. I can't tell you how pleasant it was yesterday on Heil where every single biker and hiker was in a good mood. I even quizzed a few hikers "how are the bikers treating you" and they all said "great" every one of them. Some were puzzled at the thought that there was even a biker/hiker conflict on any trail. Go figure.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Baffling, isn't it? When common sense and common courtesy can't be mustered, the stars will, on occasion, align and produce a slender moment of harmonious coexistence.

The rest of the time? A quote seems in order here:

"Taking a close look at . . . at what's around us, there . . . there is some sort of a harmony. It is the harmony of . . . overwhelming and collective murder."

Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    As much as I'd like new trail to ride I would like to see the current trails that are closed to bikers stay closed. That leaves miles and miles of hiking for the dedicated hiker to go to without having to deal with us nutso bikers, so they always have a place to go and hike "unmolested".

What I'd like to come out of this is "forcing" the militant hikers to accept our existence and deal with it amiably. I can't tell you how pleasant it was yesterday on Heil where every single biker and hiker was in a good mood. I even quizzed a few hikers "how are the bikers treating you" and they all said "great" every one of them. Some were puzzled at the thought that there was even a biker/hiker conflict on any trail. Go figure.