i have chain issues

Boulder area trails

I just moved in the from Pacific Northwest (right around Vancouver BC) for graduate school. Are there any trails in the area similar to the good ol' north shore? I've found a lot of cross country trails, but am starting to get a little nostalgic for the steeps, skinnies, techy stuff. Is there anything (legit or otherwise) outside of the resorts on I70?

...I've worked on many trails, legit and otherwise, in the PNW, so I understand if things can't be posted online... but seriously, I'm dying here (and thinking seriously of a light XC bike- it's that bad ), so if you have anything to share, I'd appreciate it.

cheers! i'll buy beer for anybody with a good trail to share.

Born With A Tail
    South Saint Vrain and other trails north of Brainard Lake Rd. rocky and technical but no manmade stunts or North Shore style, but I think they are the toughest trails in the area. Check out the Latitude 40 Boulder County Trails map to find them.
    Tequila tonight, tomorrow we ride!

i have chain issues
    Thanks, i'll check it out. from googling it, it looks like it's mostly shuttle. can you ride up the road, or is a car mandatory?

i have chain issues
    of course, i'm straight from the coast at this point, and peddling up 3000 feet down there isn't quite the same as up here...

feel the Force
    Not quite a shuttle. Best to park at the bottom of SSV, near the boy scout camp, then ride up the dirt road to Sourdough, go south on Sourdough to Brainard Lake Road, then up the dirt road just left of the fee station (no need to pay), climb the road to Little Raven, go right, descend down to Brainard Lake, then take SSV all the way down to the end.

Either that or park at Camp Dick and do an out and back on Buchanan Pass Trail.
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

i have chain issues
    Thanks! I'll probably head up tomorrow morning. Think I'm going to go for a shorter ride this afternoon to avoid the heat/get a feel for this XC business on a (pedal-friendly) freeride bike....

skillz to pay billz
    dang just got caught out in sourdough creek, 3-4 inches of flash flood and ground strikes, from the top to the research station, sourdough doesn't drain all that well it seems.

IE: start early, end early

good times
    Last edited by nOOby; 08-09-2008 at 03:14 PM.