Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Bored in Highlands Ranch - Looking for Fun 30 Minute Loop

975 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JackJr 
#1 ·
I'm on the southwest corner of HR and I'm looking for a quick half hour loop for evenings when I don't have enough time to make a trip to the foothills. There has to be a fun ride somewhere down here, yes? A jump or two would be much appreciated as well.

#2 ·
Find Red Tail park and ride on the singletrack behind there, climb the crusherfine up and find the trail system up there, gets busy in evenings with kids (sometimes mine) and a few dog walkers. Also the Highlands Ranch "wilderness area" only open to hr residents. Find that th by rock canyon high school or the th off of Monarch.

#4 ·
DirtOnTheBrain said:
I also live in SW H.R. (Westridge Village) and would like a ~30 minute after work ride route, but don't know where Red Tail park is.
Directions please to the singletrack.
You could ride to it, wildcat to Mountain vista go back past the baseball fields take path around red tail park on your left. Or take wildcat to poston turn south and follow signs to red tail. Climb the path south up the hill that begins the east west trail and there is a loop on your left, it is basically smooth singletrack as it winds around, you can do laps for a quick fix. We practice on those fields sometimes and I'll do three or four laps and take the east/ west trail and back and make it back in time to watch them finish up.

Hope that helps

#5 ·
You should try Chatfield reservoir- ride in thru the back entrance off Dumont and Santa Fe, you follow the Highline trail for a bit and then jump the train tracks and down the hill. Lots of trails going all over the place, and that end of the park is usually deserted. Not exactly technical riding, but it's a good fun way to kill some time exploring.

#7 ·
Behind (east of) Northridge Rec center there are many dirt trails. Within 20 yrds of the bridge hearding out of Northridge Rec Center there is a gully. Climb either side and bomb down the middle. Do a dozen laps, head home. From where you are the Sand Creek Trail will take you right there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.