Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

BoCO mulls new trails at Heil and Picture Rock

742 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Scrambler 
#1 ·
This was front page news in the Longtucky Times Call. Surprised it got no attention here.

Elk trails that is. I wish my title were true...
http://www.timescall.com/News_Story.asp?id=23130

I predict the open space tax will fail again based upon who they are pandering to.

#4 ·
ha - I hear you Moustache. The Lyons parcel has ZERO access and it's a tiny acreage so I doubt we'll ever see that. The hwy 36 parcel, I believe, is about 50% farmland and wouldn't yeild much rideable terrain. Maybe we could lobby BoCo to put a tunnel under 36 so we could add an extra loop off of Heil.

I'm really just waiting for BoCo to buy the Elk Mt Ranch, but I think that'll be a looooong time off.

Edit - I think we'd have more bikeable trails if the County focused more on managing the property it has versus spending all of it's time and efforts on expanding the dynasty. I can think of 2 or 3 parcels that already border Lyons that could/should/are supposed to have great trails. The BoCo master plan realizes they are a priority to the town of Lyons but BoCo doesn't have the time or effort or funding to see them thru. More acquisition only clouds those waters.

#6 ·
ignazjr said:
Edit - I think we'd have more bikeable trails if the County focused more on managing the property it has versus spending all of it's time and efforts on expanding the dynasty. I can think of 2 or 3 parcels that already border Lyons that could/should/are supposed to have great trails. The BoCo master plan realizes they are a priority to the town of Lyons but BoCo doesn't have the time or effort or funding to see them thru. More acquisition only clouds those waters.
Disagree. You'll never get trail connections if you don't own the land, and now is the time to buy land. (Le$$ competition from developers). That corner is a critical junction that opens up a lot of future possibilities for trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.