Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549

    Bobcats spotted: Ridgeline

    On tonights (Tuesday) ride I had a bobcat run in front of me on two separate occasions. Just a heads up for those with dogs, cats etc in that area

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bernina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    71
    Wow, you see a lot a Ridgeline. I've been going there several times a week for years and have seen only 4 snakes including 1 rattler, 5 deer, and 2 horny toads. But I usually ride mid-day and it seems that you tend to ride in the evenings when wildlife is more active. I think I'll stick with my mid-day visits and enjoy the wildlife vicariously through your reports and pics

  3. #3
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Cool stuff. There is definitely a lot to see there for sure. Saw a huge owl nail a rabbit last week. Just about ready to turn my light on and saw him. I've also seen lion tracks over there as well.

    Bernina - I ride at lunch a lot as well. Holler and I'll come chase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bernina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    71
    Hawks and birds. I forgot about seeing lots of those. I never see rabbits at Ridgeline...probably because the hawks and rattlers see them first.

    Jay, I'll give you a holler one of these days. I'm nursing a minor rib injury after an OTB incident in Fruita a few days ago. I can still get on the bike but climbing really sucks with sore ribs.

  5. #5
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernina View Post
    Hawks and birds. I forgot about seeing lots of those. I never see rabbits at Ridgeline...probably because the hawks and rattlers see them first.

    Jay, I'll give you a holler one of these days. I'm nursing a minor rib injury after an OTB incident in Fruita a few days ago. I can still get on the bike but climbing really sucks with sore ribs.
    Tons of rabbits, I almost hit a couple every time out there. Climbing at Ridgeline, what is this climbing you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bernina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Tons of rabbits, I almost hit a couple every time out there. Climbing at Ridgeline, what is this climbing you speak of?
    Climbing at Ridgeline?...heh, I should have seen that one coming from a tough SS'er!

    OK, maybe I don't see rabbits because I'm so slow that they have time to gather up all of their little friends and go hide when they see me coming Still want me to give you a holler?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bernina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    71
    Wait, haven't you posted about getting your kids off to school? That means that I'm old enough to be your much older sister...or maybe your aunt...but not your mother, definitely not your mother...gawd I HOPE I'm not old enough to be your mother or I'm not riding with you. I'd have to wear a sign that says: Does this riding partner make my butt look old?

  8. #8
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,735
    No I'm old enough to be jays older brother or uncle

    But not his older sister !

    Cool on the bobcats Aaron - thanks for the heads up call for the dogs as well! Unfortunately bear lost his privileges to bilke with me!! That one night we must have seen 20 toads out there! And a lot of poorwhil birds flying up in your face !!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  9. #9
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernina View Post
    Wait, haven't you posted about getting your kids off to school? That means that I'm old enough to be your much older sister...or maybe your aunt...but not your mother, definitely not your mother...gawd I HOPE I'm not old enough to be your mother or I'm not riding with you. I'd have to wear a sign that says: Does this riding partner make my butt look old?
    Yes I have a 7 & 5 year old with one due in February. I spent A LOT of time skiing, biking, and hiking when I was single and pissing in the wind. I decided on a Thursday once I was going to hike the Colorado Trail, called in Friday and left on Saturday. Decided to settle down finally. I'm 43.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  10. #10
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    No I'm old enough to be jays older brother or uncle

    But not his older sister !

    Cool on the bobcats Aaron - thanks for the heads up call for the dogs as well! Unfortunately bear lost his privileges to bilke with me!! That one night we must have seen 20 toads out there! And a lot of poorwhil birds flying up in your face !!
    Mornings are open as well...... Wont see many of these. Funrover - Lunch or evenings are open...
    Bobcats spotted: Ridgeline-00000006223.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycastlerock View Post
    Mornings are open as well...... Wont see many of these. Funrover - Lunch or evenings are open...
    Sweet! I have started to ride with a couple folks every tuesday night. Start time 6 - 6:30 it's a slower ride but still fun!

  12. #12
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  13. #13
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Saw one of these yesterday afternoon

    Name:  fox.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  35.1 KB

    but what does the fox say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  14. #14
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,696
    bobcats have replaced coyotes in my hood/trails
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bouncy_rig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    62
    Do not click on that link it will get into your brain... "the fish goes blub"

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,882
    Could someone snare one of those bobcats and let it loose in my 'hood? Rabbits is taking over.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncy_rig View Post
    Do not click on that link it will get into your brain... "the fish goes blub"
    Sorry, I had to... LMAO!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy View Post
    Could someone snare one of those bobcats and let it loose in my 'hood? Rabbits is taking over.
    I will work on that...

  18. #18
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Hey - Thanks for the chill ride last night. Needed to get out in the dark. Too bad no bobcats. Only Werewabbits.

    Bobcats spotted: Ridgeline-were-rabbit.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Funrover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,549
    Heck yeah, darn Werewabbits..... But what does the fox say?

  20. #20
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    Heck yeah, darn Werewabbits..... But what does the fox say?
    Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
    Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
    Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
    What the fox say?

    Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
    Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
    Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!
    What the fox say?

    Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
    Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
    Hatee-hatee-hatee-ho!
    What the fox say?

    Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
    Tchoff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
    Joff-tchoff-tchoffo-tchoffo-tchoff!
    What the fox say?

    Jacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
    Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
    Chacha-chacha-chacha-chow!
    What the fox say?

    Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
    Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
    Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow!
    What the fox say?

    A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
    A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
    A-hee-ahee ha-hee!
    What the fox say?

    A-oo-oo-oo-ooo!
    Woo-oo-oo-ooo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

  21. #21
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Funrover View Post
    Heck yeah, darn Werewabbits..... But what does the fox say?

    You big dummy - YouTube
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  22. #22
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,735
    Been so long since I embedded a YouTube - embed option is gone ? At least on i pad?
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  23. #23
    The 5th knuckle
    Reputation: jaycastlerock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,609
    What..
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernando Gutierrez
    The only thing you have to figure out is don't fall down. To keep riding the bike.

Similar Threads

  1. Tiger Bobcats
    By Uruk-hai in forum Washington
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2013, 11:29 PM
  2. Spotted!
    By 007 in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. Two rides, two Bobcats
    By Wherewolf in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 06:51 AM
  4. Moonlander spotted
    By Lintott in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
  5. Trapping bobcats for Science ? In my town ?
    By knutso in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 08:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •