mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.

Bobcat Ridge is open. With the past few days of snow and colder temperatures, the trails are firm enough to support use. All trails are covered with about 4 to 5 inches of snow and are extremely icy in spots.

With warmer temperatures forecasted, we expect to have to close the site again in the next week or so due to wet and muddy conditions.

Thank you to all of you who respected the closure.

FCNA

Custom User Title
    I noticed that the sign on the road states the trails are still open. What do yo think for 2-13-10 in the early am? I mean heading up the trail at the first whisp of light.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    should be fine, everything will be frozen and firm

Custom User Title
    Thanks man. looks like it will hit the 30's about 8 or so, later if there are clouds. that should be enough time to get in and out before the thaw.

I hope....
    Last edited by coldsteele; 02-12-2010 at 08:58 PM. Reason: looked at the hourly forcast
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Kid In The Helmet
    please reply with what you see if you end up going tomorrow. Sunday is supposed to be colder, so I may try to do a sunrise ride then. Have a good ride!
    Ride Hard & Don't Get Dead!

Custom User Title
    alarm is set for 6am. should be on the trail before 7am.

I'll post up conditions when i get back. And if conditions are good I might go for a repeat on Sunday.

I'm getting tired of the road. I need some sort of non road, non ice, non snow ride. Well at least non road.......
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Custom User Title
    Holy Crap....

The trails are in great condition except for the two or three areas where it is evident that people don't understand the dynamics between dirt with snow on it and warm temps.

by 10 am there was just starting to get the hint of thaw on the valley loop. Which by the way is ice for the most part.....

Picts and video to follow..........
    Team MOJO Wheels.

Custom User Title

2/13/10 ride

here are some picts...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-looking-back.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-looking-ahead.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-fresh-dirt.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-masked-rider.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-timer.jpg  

Team MOJO Wheels.

Custom User Title
    And some more....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-bobcat-tracks-1.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-bobcat-tracks-2.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-view-1.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-view-2.jpg  

Bobcat Ridge Natural Area open.-view-3.jpg  

Team MOJO Wheels.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nice pictures. Keep an eye out for the big kitties. I'll have to check the cameras and see if we got a picture of the one that left the tracks.

As of 1400 hours, the Valley Loop Trail and the Eden Valley Spur are a mix of everything, but their conditions are deteriorating rapidly and may have to be closed, which unfortunately, means that the whole site may be temporarily closed again since you can't access the other trails without using the Valley Loop.

Any closure will be posted on the City of Fort Collins web page under Natural Areas trail conditions, this web site, and the signs on CR27.

As always, thank you for your cooperation and understanding during any trail or site closures.

FCNA

Custom User Title
    Lots of kitty tracks. Yea the VLT is ice not so bad for bikes but bad for hikers.

Don't close it unitl after I ride tomorrow. :wink:
    Team MOJO Wheels.