STRAVA!!!!!!
    Mar 2010

BMX at penrose stadium this wekend:what to ride

Got to session the track tonight at Penrose with the kid and had a blast!! What a killer way to get in some ride time with the fam and dial in the DJ and sprinting skills!!! Only prob was a 36 pound DH bike. What do people recommend for a old man, 6 foot 170 lbs to rip the bmx track? I was thinking a DJ bike but I keep hearing about BMX cruisers???

TaS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Traditional BMX Cruisers were 24" wheels. At 6' foot plus, they are a little small from my perspective. I am currently looking at the SE 29" Big Ripper or the Quad to get my BMX fix.

Have a Day

Tom

mtbr member
    Plenty of reasonably priced used dj bikes (24" and 26") at Pinkbike.

I'm the same dimensions as you. I ride an Eastern Nighttrain. Go for something with a 22" or 22.5" top tube, add some 3" riser bars then start ripping.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Either DJ mtb or a BMX cruiser will get the job done well. I rode a cruiser till this summer when I switched to a DJ mtb. I like the small amount of travel in the front to take the sting off a hard landing and that I get disc brakes. I'm 6' as well. Try before you buy if possible to see what you may like. Also search for DJ, dirt jump, and BMX cruiser on Craigslist. There is usually a pretty good selection in there.

Ink