mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bluesky + mud + horse = ???

DUH! Seems someone on a horse decided he (or she or herm?) that it was ok to tear up the trail. I'm talking about Bluesky trail behind Coyote. Just rode it yesterday. It was totally dry, but the trail was beat to sh!t by a horse or horses. I think it would have only took one. I think a quad would have done less damage.
    Ok. rant off

FleshwoundGravityResearch
    AND... the quad's damage would be easier to ride over.

Damn horses!

I rode it also and the flow is gone.... It is not permanent damage, but it was avoidable.

You just know that type (one who would ride their half ton horse over a soggy trail) would not be one to help out on trail days.

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    Yeah, I was out there today and noticed it was quite chewed up from someone on a horse or 2....or 3......or 4. I suspect it will take a solid day or so of folks riding on it to get it smoothed back out. Other than that, the trail out there is excellent.

How about that wind today

learning2rde
    Feb 2008
    Went and tried to ride around pineridge today and it was closed due to muddy conditions.
    The wind was brutal.

"Oldfart from Wayback"

Got home at 5PM and didn't even bother getting on my bike

Quote Originally Posted by KERKOVEJ

How about that wind today

35-45 MPH+ in my face, to head west towards the foothills.

Called it Beer:30

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    tried to ride out there this afternoon for team ride. that wind was a bit to insane.
    11 Epic Expert 29er
    Blacksheep SS

slow
    Lots of similar horse damage in Lory this spring (and most early seasons up there). Usually takes a few weeks to smooth out.

Didn't make it out to ride today, but the snow at Copper was excellent!

VooDoo user.
    Whats the latest? Hows the Blue sky trail? Ridable?????? Is she dry captain?????? (best star trek voice)

slow
    Most likely. I did Maxwell, Shoreline, Lory Vally Trails, and Nomad in HTMP this morning and they were all good except for a couple of short shaded areas on West Valley in Lory. There has been significant horse traffic while wet, so they are a bit bumpy and need us to ride them and smooth them out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    blue sky and indian summer are completely dry and ridable. lots of people have been out there, so the horse damage is getting better.

VooDoo user.
    Horses! Doesn't everyone need more GLUE? DOG FOOD?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    We were out there today and didn't notice any of the damage made by the horses. The trails were actually in really good shape and the wind wasn't all that bad.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

rode today also...

hmm, might have passed you even...I was on the white endorphin. The horse damage is not as bad as it was, however, the trail still was pitted with horse hoof prints. I guess we are on mountain bikes, but I rather have this bumpiness from rocks, not horses. Should we visit the horseman's forum to suggest not taking their all terrain vehicles on the trail while its mud? I'm sure the horses would be happy, as I'm sure it's a lot of work trudging though the mud.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cytoe
    hmm, might have passed you even...I was on the white endorphin.
    If we passed you a couple times out on the Rim trail...than that was us. I noticed the deep vehicle or all terrain vehicle ruts more than anything elsen but we don't ride DBB that often so we wouldn't really know.