mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Blue Sky Is TRASHED

just finished riding blue sky/ indian summer. i was going north-south and the first section of blue sky is torn to pieces. every single user group was represented in the holes and ruts: horses, hikers, bikes, deer... i was out from 8:30-10am and the trails were totally frozen and rideable (albeit a bit bumpy...). i rode indian summer clockwise and the whole switchback climb is snow free and dry- there's a few patches of snow on the top (all rideable with pretty good traction) and a pretty long section of snow at the bottom, right where it joins blue sky. my advice is be off the trails by 10- i could see it starting to thaw and i think even by 10:30 it would have been bad in spots. fun to get out on the mtb though!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ggould
    just finished riding blue sky/ indian summer. i was going north-south and the first section of blue sky is torn to pieces. every single user group was represented in the holes and ruts: horses, hikers, bikes, deer... i was out from 8:30-10am and the trails were totally frozen and rideable (albeit a bit bumpy...). i rode indian summer clockwise and the whole switchback climb is snow free and dry- there's a few patches of snow on the top (all rideable with pretty good traction) and a pretty long section of snow at the bottom, right where it joins blue sky. my advice is be off the trails by 10- i could see it starting to thaw and i think even by 10:30 it would have been bad in spots. fun to get out on the mtb though!

Yea I was out on the road bike today. It looked like it was totally trashed from the road down by the tunnel. It going to be a whille before it drys out.

pain intolerant
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the update ggould.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by ggould
    every single user group was represented in the holes and ruts: horses, hikers, bikes, deer...
    Who do deer yield to again?
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    Beetles?

Thread Terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by Pabs
    Cougars.

I hear they drive Jags.
    Golden Bike Park Group

Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndecentExposure
    Cougars.

I hear they drive Jags.
    With a bit of hootch in our system, most of us'd yield to a cougar.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Saw a guy driving out of town Sunday with his bike on top of his red pick-up and the bike was LOADED with mud. Thanks Douche!
    I just got food poisoning. I'm not sure when I'll use it - Steven Wright