Time is not a road.

Blue Sky trail day

Last Saturday, we were able to participate in some trail building with the Larimer County to finish up some of the work done on the Blue Sky Trail last October with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado.

The trail is slated to open June 10th, for those interested.

In the last pic, you can see, from BST, the switchbacks leading into Coyote Ridge.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

is the BSt rideable no bw the bone and CR

Is June 10th the offical opening, and we can ride it now????
    Thanks

Time is not a road.
    No, the connections are not complete. They'll be done by June 10th.

contains quinine
    Thanks for doing trail work! I can't wait to see it done!
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm new to the Denver metro area. I can't find where the Blue Sky Trail is. Can someone help. Also, where can I go to get involved with trail work, etc.? Thanks.
    Brad

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoneill
    I'm new to the Denver metro area. I can't find where the Blue Sky Trail is. Can someone help. Also, where can I go to get involved with trail work, etc.? Thanks.
    Brad
    Brad,

Feel free to join Mountain High Trail Association:

http://groups.google.com/group/mhta

We do trailwork in Northern Colorado and participate in trail advocacy where we can. We have an adopted section of trail at the Devil's Backbone and we work with the County on other trail projects in the area. You'll find plenty of info on the GoogleGroups site as well as you can ask all the questions you like.

We even have a Larimer County Ranger who is on the group so we have someone to touch bases with easily at the County level.

--Beast

Tame the Penguin!
    Quote Originally Posted by chad1433
    Last Saturday, we were able to participate in some trail building with the Larimer County to finish up some of the work done on the Blue Sky Trail last October with Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado.

The trail is slated to open June 10th, for those interested.

In the last pic, you can see, from BST, the switchbacks leading into Coyote Ridge.
    Thanks go out to all the volunteers....especially the MHTA brothers who made it out.

--Beast

slow
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoneill
    I'm new to the Denver metro area. I can't find where the Blue Sky Trail is. Can someone help.
    Brad,
    The Blue Sky trail is located north of the metro area. It will connect the Horsetooth Mountain Park west of Fort Collins to the Devils Backbone Trail west of Loveland.

Thanks to all who have been working on Blue Sky. Looking forward to riding it. There should be a grand opening ride from MHC on the day it opens.

Never mind.............

... and if we just ... Thats gonna be a very sweet trail...

You all are doing a great job up there..Having lived for 10 years in Ft.Collins-Loveland,I'm really happy to see some serious trail building there.I'm really surprised that there isn't as much trail building here in the Durango area. I'm planning a trip back to Ft.C,this summer ,and am looking forward to riding on that sweet single track you made! I'd like to sign up for trail maintenance when I go up there.Do you have a website that I can check out? Thanks again for the great work......................Happy trails........John
    "Staring at the world from my own little Idaho..."

Time is not a road.
    Sign up and monitor our group communcations. Dates for maintenance would be found here, when we get them finalized:

http://groups.google.com/group/mhta

ANYONE CAN JOIN THIS!

Thanks!