mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Blood on the rocks...

...ain't no surprise,
    pour me a drink and I'll tell ya some lies...

Oh, sorry. Got carried away there. Rode Halls last night and passed another rider who laid it down on the rocks and left a large amount of blood. Ouch! He seemed OK walking out w/ a friend. Hope your feeling better!

I gotta say I've been down to Halls 4 or 5 times now this year and have run into, I sh!t you not, only one dicktard that comes to mind!!! What the hell? I may have to reconsider my thoughts about the place. Here's to all you Halls riders with etiquette!!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

skillz to pay billz
    no Pix?

Stiff yet compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    ....only one dicktard that comes to mind!!!
    Was he on a Ellsworth?

bbc
    Bueno!
    Was he on a Ellsworth?
    Ha! Hall Ranch Hero?

skillz to pay billz
    ...with scars in his eyeeeees!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    No pics, sorry. I told my wife about it when I got home she's a nurse, her reply- "head injuries = lots o' blood". Sure enough.

Don't know what kind of rig dude was on. It's all part of my kinder, gentler jugdish hypothesis I got workin' these days. Lowers the blood pressure, less cursing, more enjoyment. Seriously though, I haven’t really felt the 39 years of age I hit this year until I started riding Halls again… damn there are some young wiper snapper out there. Kind heads too!
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Whats up with riding an ellsworth? Does that make a person bad or somethin?
    Bad rep!!! That's right SON!!

skillz to pay billz
    wait 'til you hit 40.

I got kinda down the other day after watching the collective, thinking I would never be able to ride anywhere close to that level(and be able to heal). Then I thought of some other middle age people who rip it and felt there may be hope.

After last weeks wreck my wife said I should slow down a little but how much fun is that? Just need better protection and/or skills.

bbc
    Bueno!
    Whats up with riding an ellsworth? Does that make a person bad or somethin?
    Referring to Hall Ranch Hero, not Ellsworth riders.

MTB B'dos

39 is young................

............only 1 more year till "Life Begins" (I hit 39 in another few months) and I am fitter than I ever have been in my entire life. Just get out there and do a bit more of the training type rides with hard effort and you'll be surprised how young you can feel. Personally can't wait till 40, got my present all picked out, plan on completing a couple hundie races just before and in general living it up.

Never understood the "Life begins at 40" or "Youth is wasted on the young" until I started MTBing about 4 years ago. A bit late to start this sort of thing and be able to go bash about, but definitely not too late.

Quote Originally Posted by jugdish
    ...................................... Seriously though, I haven’t really felt the 39 years of age I hit this year until I started riding Halls again… damn there are some young wiper snapper out there. Kind heads too!

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Well, this dude is like 50? still kills it! Of course he has major sponsors and doesn't have to climb a ladder everyday!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=8rZMxPBMYwE

I agree at 39 I'm feeling better than ever, other than lower back a bit sore!
    Last edited by PBR me!; 05-07-2008 at 08:22 PM.
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog