Almost Human
    Sep 2007

BLM Opens Nominations for Five Front Range Resource Advisory Council Positions!

Just an FYI

BLM Colorado | Front Range RAC

BLM Opens Nominations for Five Front Range Resource Advisory Council Positions!All nominations must be received no later than Monday, March 12, 2012.

Individuals may nominate themselves or others. Nomination packages must include: letters of reference from represented interests or organizations; a complete background information nomination form (provided below); and any other information that addresses the nominee's qualifications. The BLM will evaluate nominees based on their education, training, experience and knowledge of the geographical area of the RAC.
    Information:

Press Release: BLM Seeks Nominations to Front Range Resource Advisory Council
    Federal Register Notice announcing call for nominations
    Nomination Form
    For additional information contact Denise Adamic 719-269-8553.

About Resource Advisory Councils

The Front Range RAC provides advice and recommendations to the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Colorado Front Range District, concerning the planning and management of the public land resources located within the geographic area of the Royal Gorge Field Office and the San Luis Valley Field Office. The 15-members of the Front Range RAC, who serve three year terms, operate on the principle of collaborative decision-making and strive for consensus before making official recommendations.
    Advisory Council members are appointed to staggered three-year terms by the Secretary of the Interior. A list of potential appointees is generated by an annual public nomination process.
    Council members appointed by the Secretary will be representative of the following three groups:
    GROUP 1 PERSONS WHO:
    (i) hold Federal grazing permits or leases within the area for which the Council is organized;
    (ii) represent interests associated with transportation or rights-of-way;
    (iii) represent developed outdoor recreation, off-highway vehicle users, or commercial recreation activities;
    (iv) represent the commercial timber industry; or
    (v) represent energy and mineral development.
    GROUP 2 - PERSONS REPRESENTING:
    (i) nationally or regionally recognized environmental organizations;
    (ii) dispersed recreational activities;
    (iii) archaeological and historical interests; or
    (iv) nationally or regionally recognized wild horse and burro interest groups.
    GROUP 3 - PERSONS WHO:
    (i) hold State, county, or local elected office;
    (ii) are employed by a State agency responsible for the management of natural resources, land, or water;
    (iii) represent Indian tribes within or adjacent to the area for which the Council is organized;
    (iv) are employed as academicians by a natural resource management or natural sciences organization; or
    (v) represent the affected public-at-large.

3 Legged Big Top
    Mar 2009
    May I nominate you?
    Last edited by Curtis C; 01-31-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: add smiley

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis C View Post
    May I nominate you?
    UT could be part of his own conspiracy theories then. "Wake up you sheeple! I'm out to get you!"