Living the High Life

Blast the Mass - Hell's Kitchen

A video put together by my team, Neverest, from the Snowmass race last year.

You can see the theme after a few seconds

Not to knock Mojo (as they support our team too) but you can see our rider Lana pass a Mojo dude who crashes 1:50 Ride like a girl and maybe you'll be fine.

Hell's Kitchen from Jeff Kegu on Vimeo.

You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Ahhhh. That was awesome. Love Hells Kitchen.
    The bowling sound effects were great, that guy was looking fast....right through that turn.

mtbr member
    Fantastic! A superb demonstration of the superior bike handling skills of DH riders. Love it!
    "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit." - And I agree.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    That must be an incredibly steep section if the bike-shove/buttslide is a viable race tactic.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by lanruss
    That must be an incredibly steep section if the bike-shove/buttslide is a viable race tactic.
    Yeah, some of the folks running down or struggling to grab their bikes show how steep it really is. Its steep enough that if you use too much brake you will lock up your rear wheel and crash. So there is basically a minimum speed and that can spook some folks out.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I have eaten serious shite there. Nice that it's not moon dust and the line looks smoother than it used to be (?).
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

<100%
    I liked the line the guy took at 2:40 - until he took out the spectator.

Thanks Matt, that brought back some memories....like standing at the top of that telling my nine year old...it's not hard son, just go this way, put your front tire here, hold on, no brakes, turn right at the bottom. I wonder how much of my parental authority I lost that day.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I have eaten serious shite there. Nice that it's not moon dust and the line looks smoother than it used to be (?).
    You are correct, the wide line became too eroded so now everyone goes right now the middle. Fall line, hell yeah.

In 2009 I came hauling into that section, off the brakes and doing awesome (even caught my 30 second guy 1/2 way down). I drifted the exit corner a bit...and then I low sided in the moon dust hard at the bottom and did some rotator cuff damage. I love and hate that section at the same time.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Stand back
    There was an awesome shot of Godzeera somehow table-ing into the top of the waterfall. It was magical - I have no idea how (or why) he did it. Maybe it was a bubba scrub...
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lanruss
    That was my thought too... so hard to gauge anything on video. But the bike toss covered it pretty well!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    There was an awesome shot of Godzeera somehow table-ing into the top of the waterfall. It was magical - I have no idea how (or why) he did it. Maybe it was a bubba scrub...
    That was not his best day. What happened was he crashed at the top turn near the edge. He got his bike collected back under him, his front tire on the lip, did a bit of a wobbly track stand and then just dropped in down the face over the very worst section. Somehow he rode it out. The crowd reaction was best: first they were like, "oh, don't do that!" then total silence when he dropped in, then clapping and yelling when he rode it out. It was pretty cool.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

I'm with stupid
    Bowling sounds = priceless

ONE WORD: GRAVITY
    here's a few pics from the race last summer. enjoy

pretty gnarly:

Living the High Life
    Just a little...

And others post your pics up! This is such a great section for pictures and stories.

I'm with stupid
    that bump is the best.

Tossin the salad.
    The crash @ 2:44 was awesome!!