mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Blackjack Trail Work Day - Sat., 7/23

Here's your chance to help COMBA continue to improve the new Blackjack trail in Buffalo Creek. On Saturday, 7/23, we'll be making improvements to a few sections of the trail, installing signs and opening up "The Strip". If you think "Slot Machine" has some serious pucker factor, wait till you see The Strip. I'm sure some of us will be camping Friday and/or Saturday nights and we'll have a BBQ and Beer after the work is done on Saturday. Bring you bikes too cause there's always time to ride.

Please register here: http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo-creek-registration

Work day info here: http://www.comba.org/content/buffalo...er-information

Any other questions, fire away.

C'mon out and help us improve an already fantastic trail. See you there.
    Last edited by casey; 07-17-2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Addition to

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'll probably be able to help out. Is the slot machine the first steep roller, or the drop that pinches between two rocks?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Slot Machine is the first steep roller. I'm curious to see how it's held up with all this rain.
    We'll see you on the 23rd and thanks for helping out!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Cool. I've been taking the high line above and to the right of slot machine. I've been calling it the "high roller." I'm looking forward to seeing/working on the new line you mentioned. Such a great trail!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Cool. I've been taking the high line above and to the right of slot machine. I've been calling it the "high roller." I'm looking forward to seeing/working on the new line you mentioned. Such a great trail!
    So you're one of the twisted few that we knew would take the high line on Slot Machine. Nice!!!!! "The Strip" is a new feature that is near the end of the trail before it goes through the pinch rock with the tree in it. It will get your attention for sure.
    Last edited by casey; 07-15-2011 at 02:41 PM.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Will not be able to be there- in California. But be sure to post up pics! Of the trail not the beer!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    So you're one of few twisted individuals that we knew would take the high line on Slot Machine. Nice!!!!! "The Strip" is a new feature that is near the end of the trail before it goes through the pinch rock with the tree in it. It will get your attention for sure.
    Sounds cool! Can't wait to see the strip! I'll def try to make it out for a work day.

Here's a short vid I made of riding the high line on slot if you care to see. http://vimeo.com/25580084

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    I believe "the Strip" can be seen at 3:36 in slimat99's video. The trail as we know it cuts to the left, but the strip goes straight down the chunk. it's a serious line.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006
    Sounds cool! Can't wait to see the strip! I'll def try to make it out for a work day.

Here's a short vid I made of riding the high line on slot if you care to see. http://vimeo.com/25580084

Nice work. That was the best vid of Blackjack I've seen so far. Good tunes, good riding.

This place is wasteland

How come it wasnt that easy when I rode ( ahem... walked ) it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Great video slimat. You made the high line on Slot Machine look easy. Don't think I'll ever get there.

Jiker is correct on the location of The Strip. Here are a few pics of The Strip when it was cleaned out 2 years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackjack Trail Work Day - Sat., 7/23-strip-1.jpg  

Blackjack Trail Work Day - Sat., 7/23-strip3.jpg  

Blackjack Trail Work Day - Sat., 7/23-strip4.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    Nice work. That was the best vid of Blackjack I've seen so far. Good tunes, good riding.
    Thanks! Let's make this trail even more fun!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks Casey! Never say never.

Thats a good looking section of trail. Should make an already fun trail more fun!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Here's your chance to help COMBA continue to improve the new Blackjack trail in Buffalo Creek. On Saturday, 7/23, we'll be making improvements to a few sections of the trail, installing signs and opening up "The Strip". If you think "Slot Machine" has some serious pucker factor, wait till you see The Strip. I'm sure some of us will be camping Friday and/or Saturday nights and we'll have a BBQ and Beer after the work is done on Saturday. Bring you bikes too cause there's always time to ride.

C'mon out and help us improve an already fantastic trail. Registration, schedule and camping info will follow shortly. See you there!
    I rode it this morning and the only sign you need to put up is "There's a good chance , you'll need your health insurance card for this trail." I didn't need mine thankfully but had a few close calls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blackjack Trail Work Day - Sat., 7/23-bjack1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I know, I know... my Dad always said "Never say Never". However, I feel very comfortable saying that I will NEVER ride the high line on Slot Machine.

That's a great shot NoHg. Makes it look like the trail is going straight down. Oh wait, it is!

I hate bikes.
    I think I'll be there!!
    Buffalo Creek sucks, stay in Denver next week.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I'll try to be there. We are in the process of getting our house ready for sale so the wife may give me a guilt trip if I don't do house work this weekend. Anyone looking to buy a house in Evergreen?? South Evergreen so very close to Conifer so I'm close to Black Jack!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    BUMP

Lot's of things happening on Blackjack this Saturday. C'mon out and lend a hand.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I really wanted to participate this Saturday but have had something come up and can't. Will there be more work days this year?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yup, two more. 8/20 and 9/17.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flowtron View Post
    +1 on your video, best I've seen of blackjack too, good stoke

mtbr member
    Any updates on the work day? We are hitting Black Jack Friday in the AM. Thanks for all the work that's gone into this trail.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    We installed the trail junction and feature signs, added more cairns for easier route finding, re-built several route arounds that needed help, improved some rock work and did general maintenance. Overall, the trail is wearing in well. We were unable to open "The Strip" as we ran out of time. This will be on the priority list for the 8/20 trail day.

So save these dates: 8/20 and 9/17. The more folks that come out and help, the more we get done and the better the trail gets.

mtbr member
    We installed the trail junction and feature signs, added more cairns for easier route finding, re-built several route arounds that needed help, improved some rock work and did general maintenance. Overall, the trail is wearing in well. We were unable to open "The Strip" as we ran out of time. This will be on the priority list for the 8/20 trail day.

So save these dates: 8/20 and 9/17. The more folks that come out and help, the more we get done and the better the trail gets.
    Thanks for the update. I will look and see if the group I ride with can come out and help with those days.
    Narrow is the path to life, few are those who find it.