Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Rolling

Blackjack, Buffalo Creek -Video-

ErictheRed, DangerDan and and I rode it this past weekend. It was simply outstanding. here is our video

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mZ_wjUZ21_Q" frameborder="0" > mZ_wjUZ21_Q
    Last edited by lidarman; 05-19-2011 at 09:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    looks sweeet! I hope I get up there this weekend.

not actually bad :)
    Granted I have no idea what I am doing, and doubt I will ever ride that 1st feature (or 90% percent of the rest of that trail), but it makes me laugh every time I watch the photog at the bottom catch the bike, and let rider tumble an extra 1/2 roll or so!

Old Codger

mtbr member
    I need to camp down there again...

Dude...
    Nice video...thanks for sharing.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Killer vid, Rich! I can't wait to find some time to head out there.

_MK
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    -- Einstein, Albert

mtbr member
    Man I have to get out there. I want to ride that area so bad

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Looks incredible. And way out of my league.

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    I honestly wasn't that interested in hitting "the freeride trail at BC" because I figured they were going to build some wooden stuff and jumps. However, after watching all the videos, that looks like my DREAM TRAIL! I have got to get up there soon!

Thanks for sharing!

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    ErictheRed, DangerDan and and I rode it this past weekend. It was simply outstanding. here is our video.
    Well done vid, though I could be a little biased.
    Down is the new up.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy!
    Granted I have no idea what I am doing, and doubt I will ever ride that 1st feature (or 90% percent of the rest of that trail), but it makes me laugh every time I watch the photog at the bottom catch the bike, and let rider tumble an extra 1/2 roll or so!

Skin and bones will heal. I didn't notice in the vid, but Dan cut his side wall on that tumble, and a nice explosion of some stans to the non drive side.

That first feature sure is a good filter feature. I expect it will get harder with time as well. You'll want to conserve speed on the downs and into the transitions as well to help with the next quick up. Its a great trail, especially if you like rocky technical rides.
    Down is the new up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    Its a great trail, especially if you like rocky technical rides.
    How does it compare to the technical rocky section at Hall?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    I honestly wasn't that interested in hitting "the freeride trail at BC" because I figured they were going to build some wooden stuff and jumps. However, after watching all the videos, that looks like my DREAM TRAIL! I have got to get up there soon!

Thanks for sharing!
    There was a lot of discussion about man-made features early on but we went to painful lengths to use only natural features and materials. As a result, there are no wooden structures on this trail. As the trail gets ridden in, COMBA will be doing maintenance and hardening work and adding a few features over the summer. Work days are scheduled for 7/23, 8/20 and 9/17.

Thanks for the video Rich and glad you guys had a good time.

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005
    Where is the helmet cam footage from the slot machine crash?

Ride Buck Hill Ski Area
    Jul 2005
    It looks as if the rider in the video takes slot machine far left, was he following this advice...

imaorobbie

Rode it yesterday. Great trail! Steep, technical (no seriously, technical), climbs, rock faces, drops. There are two nice natural wall rides on Raspberry, one is pretty big to a flat landing. That last roll out is steep. A nice big berm at the bottom of that thing would allow it to be rolled faster, which would make it easier. A lot of front brake action on those long rock faces to save that rear tire from being shredded on that granite. The three lines on slot machine are interesting. The far left line is easiest, right is tricky avoiding the large rock on the right of the trail, the middle line, well, that little finger of rock sticking out makes things interesting: land, brake, turn left

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by dngrcnnn
    Better I think what puts Black Jack in a different league is the amount of on rock riding you do. At hall there are long patches of dirt between rock sections, at BJ there are long sections of rock between dirt sections. I think a little better comparison is Charlies cutoff rock sections. Though in general BJ is steeper, and more technical. You've got to pay attention, there a bunch of tight sections, steep downs to a tight left or right turn.

I was constantly thinking "damn I'm going too fast, sh1t, I'm def' going faster than I want to" on the long fingers of rock.

Lot of fun, can't wait to get out there again, and start learning all the lines.
    Down is the new up.

crashes in parkinglot
    Quote Originally Posted by pocgnikcuf
    It looks as if the rider in the video takes slot machine far left, was he following this advice...

imaorobbie
    The three lines on slot machine are interesting. The far left line is easiest, right is tricky avoiding the large rock on the right of the trail, the middle line, well, that little finger of rock sticking out makes things interesting: land, brake, turn left
    I thought the middle line looked easiest, though I was concerned about the "endo" rock at the end of that route. I was shaking at the end of that, and I'm glad we hung out there a bit just to calm the nerves.
    Down is the new up.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    I thought the middle line looked easiest, though I was concerned about the "endo" rock at the end of that route. I was shaking at the end of that, and I'm glad we hung out there a bit just to calm the nerves.
    That is the first section i worked on and you guys are more of a man than i !

Props!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

Yay! Bikes !
    Great video Rich. Thanks!

Nice riding guys.
    Nick.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by dngrcnnn

It is not in the same league... BJ has sections that are far steeper than Hall.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks sweet. Thanks for sharing.

I shot this a couple weeks ago. This trail puts me in the "zone" every time I ride it.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/23739243?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<p><a href="http://vimeo.com/23739243">Zippety Do Da Trail.</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user3950994">Chris Baer</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member
    I don't know what to think. Three weeks ago, this would have looked awesome to me. Now, 1 week after having a plate tie my clavicle back together after my last wreck, all this 40-something guy can do is cringe. It looks awesome--I hope my balls drop again, I am too young to get all conservative... Great trail stoke, thanks!

friend of Apex
    Great vid on a sooper fun trail. Certainly adds a smile to your day.
    I only wish it were longer, and a bit bermier.

I definatelty had my cheeks skwuz tight on the Slot Machine
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Great vid on a sooper fun trail. Certainly adds a smile to your day.
    I only wish it were longer, and a bit bermier.

I definatelty had my cheeks skwuz tight on the Slot Machine

Blackjack rates a 6-7 on the tight-butthole scale...

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    sweet video, but you should have just used the Zappa original

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast