funkstone
    Dec 2006

Black Hills Fat Tire Festival (BHFTF)

Anyone else from the Denver metro area heading up to Rapid City next weekend for the BHFTF? If you have the means, I highly recommend it. Great people and incredible riding. Very technical stuff. Only a short 7 hour drive!! Cheers.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    You forgot to mention bacon and pbr aid stations on course!

Quote Originally Posted by bmeston
    Anyone else from the Denver metro area heading up to Rapid City next weekend for the BHFTF? If you have the means, I highly recommend it. Great people and incredible riding. Very technical stuff. Only a short 7 hour drive!! Cheers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    You're thinking the Labor Day race. This one is in Rapid on really fun fast trails. I'd do it, but am flying the kids to Grandma's not driving. The fiveoh is sold out already...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Wife and I are planning on going to this deal for the first time. We rode Custer area once last year but this looks to be even better.

mtbr member
    How is the riding near Custer? We were thinking of going to the BAM fest in Sturgis in July, but was looking for another area to ride as well.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

banned
    Tim at Acme is a class act, even if he still believes I'm from Clifton, CO.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    How is the riding near Custer? We were thinking of going to the BAM fest in Sturgis in July, but was looking for another area to ride as well.
    We only hit a couple trails, not sure of the names but they were in Custer State Park. Never saw another person out there. Got a map from the Visitors Center and just picked where to go. It was fun, lots of water crossings (some too deep to successfully ride through). I don't think it was anything world class though, probably not worth a trip by itself but we did Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and gold mine/panning while we were in the area.

funkstone
    Dec 2006

Mt Rushmore wheelie drops

....but we did Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and gold mine/panning while we were in the area.....

I have heard that it is an epic wheelie drop from George's nose!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    ...Yeah but the climb up Lincoln's beard is a burner