Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 96
  1. #1
    Shattering Glass
    Reputation: dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    707

    Bin Laden is dead

    And America is alight! Good to see jubilant Americans coming together as one. We needed this bad....

  2. #2
    Do it for FUN!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    I, for one, would like to see the long form death certificate.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Guy has probably been dead for a while. Put his body on ice and save it for a rainy day. Next presidential election is a lock.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    6,740
    This thread is worthless w/o pics
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    And Trump has his investigators over there right now to make sure its true.

  6. #6
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    It's a Great day for America!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  7. #7
    starladear
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    371
    A birth certificate was not on him at the time of his death. Americans will forever question and conspiracy theories are already flying. The question is, was Osama ever born? And did he have a mother? Hey I just want to see the correct paperwork or I won't f'n rest because that's important ya know!

  8. #8
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,351

    ............
    Trailwrecker at large

  9. #9
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/reExs1L16Tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  10. #10
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Thank gawd, Osama was always riding off trail at Hall.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  11. #11
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Osama Bin Whogivesa****.

    I heard he was found shuttling APEX on an odd day. That is why they really went after him.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  13. #13
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    I'd say its a good day and leave it at that! We are Americans
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  14. #14
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    Everyone'll try to get a piece of the credit. The Republicans will likely claim it was the result of the Bush Administration's efforts.

    Lots of lively, and generally respectful political debates on another bike website: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  15. #15
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    This is my response to your stupid question

    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  16. #16
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    I'd say its a good day and leave it at that! We are Americans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bin Laden is dead-rfx-pr.jpg  

    Last edited by S-Works; 05-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  17. #17
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,355

    Ignoratio elenchi ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    "... is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may in itself be valid, but does not address the issue in question." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi Thank you for providing a wonderful example.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    You amaze me

    First thing you do is insult, perfect with the partisan play book, now you need to tell me that my guns and religion is the problem then I will be happy.

    Pull you head out brother and understand this is not a republican or democrat issue.

    I myself was angry last night when I saw the news covering college students celebrating in front of the white house, what a poor example that set as a world power. Yes we should be proud but celebration is just wrong as that just emboldens our enemy.

    Now, we are 50% of the way with our war on terror, my comment was that if we don't control our spending we will have no money to fight the next 50%.

    Have fun with a reply, will read it tonight when I get back home, MAYBE!

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  19. #19
    Rigid in Evergreen
    Reputation: topmounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,538
    Net Effect:

    Find what: "Osama Bin Laden", Replace with: "Ayman al-Zawahiri"

    Click OK to resume.

  20. #20
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    First thing you do is insult, perfect with the partisan play book, now you need to tell me that my guns and religion is the problem then I will be happy.

    Pull you head out brother and understand this is not a republican or democrat issue.

    I myself was angry last night when I saw the news covering college students celebrating in front of the white house, what a poor example that set as a world power. Yes we should be proud but celebration is just wrong as that just emboldens our enemy.

    Now, we are 50% of the way with our war on terror, my comment was that if we don't control our spending we will have no money to fight the next 50%.

    Have fun with a reply, will read it tonight when I get back home, MAYBE!
    I will have fun with this reply, thank you. I did not use the "partisan playbook" as I am neither a Democrat not a Republican. People can hold their guns and religion, or their Priuses and secular humanism close to their hearts. National defense should not be subject to politics, but it has been and likely will be in the future.

    Your unexplained reference to the Federal debt sounded like a Chewbacca Defense-type argument, which is why I referenced the "ignoratio elenchi," which was ment to describe your argument, not to insult you. Now that you explained your reference, I see your point, but would only note military spending, just like entitlement programs, are both causes of the debt.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    It's a Great day for America!
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.

  22. #22
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    enslavement? Really? Walk up to a soldiers family who lost their son or daughter fighting for your freedoms and explain your comment pshhhh!



    There's plenty of flights leaving daily dont let the door hit you in the ass
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hungryhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    Very weird comment.

    I will be celebrating by flying my flag today.

  24. #24
    Stiff yet compliant
    Reputation: Moustache rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    My response to your stupid response.



    Things get interesting in 1981.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhead
    Very weird comment.

    I will be celebrating by flying my flag today.
    I think he was talking about all the coyotes that are being held in captivity in Poland by zombies. I'm pretty sure.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  26. #26
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Uh oh, Joe the republican is riled up, need some popcorn for later

    I say release the photos, we can handle it, and bring the troops home as it's time to end this expensive war. We will never eliminate the threat, nope never.

  27. #27
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,001
    If only we had a forum for these types of arguments.....

    Oh wait!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forum.php#political-socio-economic-religion

  28. #28
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    You like current events like me I see

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    If only we had a forum for these types of arguments.....

    Oh wait!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

    Last Post on Link

    Pedal!! ( 1 2)
    bikeCOLORADO
    11-29-2008
    by bikeCOLORADO
    60 27,074

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  29. #29
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Last Post on Link

    Pedal!! ( 1 2)
    bikeCOLORADO
    11-29-2008
    by bikeCOLORADO
    60 27,074
    There is a reason I never go there, because I don't come on MTBR.com to listen to everyone opine on like they are Bill O' Reilly or Rachel Maddow.

    Its a bike site, lets at least try to keep it somewhere in between the lines. That being said, I'll just forget this thread ever existed and move along.

  30. #30
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    Questions for Mustache rider

    What was the major item Mr. Carter CUT to reduce our deficit during his Presidency?


    Second question.

    How many entitlement programs were reduced during the same time, and if your that smart can you give the ratios as it applies to GDP for both and how did that affect our cost of living?


    I would like to make a simple statement.

    As I get older and more informed I find less I like about the way our current Gov't is working, our representatives have become elitist, full benefits for the rest of there lives from day one, able to vote in pay increase for themselves and there staff every year, able to be lobbied by outside groups for political and financial benefit, able to keep a good bill from passing because they throw on a rider 99% of the population disagrees with, shall I go on. OH YEAH, who in the world thinks that having Gov't workers Unionized with the ability to have collective bargaining right is logical. Federal pay ahead of private industry -

    "Federal Salaries Soaring Above Private Sector - CBS Evening News ...
    Aug 10, 2010 ... CBS Evening News: Federal Salaries Soaring Above Private Sector - USA Today Analysis Shows Average Government Workers' Pay Growing Faster" ...


    My point is you can want it all right now but can we pay for it, if we don't control our spending all our parents and grandparent hard work will be for nothing. Our national security is tied to external forces and if we loose our ability to borrow because our credit rating collapses we will have nothing to protect except for the rich people leaving our country.

    I look forward to your response.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    enslavement? Really? Walk up to a soldiers family who lost their son or daughter fighting for your freedoms and explain your comment pshhhh!



    There's plenty of flights leaving daily dont let the door hit you in the ass
    Clearly you are still asleep. Someday soon you and
    most of this country will wake up. Until then the noose will continue
    to tighten while you will beg for more "security" from the "terrorists." Repeat after me: Osama has been a CIA asset since the early 80's. Jet fuel cannot vaporize steel. Buildings do not collapse from fire at freefall speed into dust. A jetliner crashing into the ground will leave a lot of wreckage. All of these are facts. If you want you could look them up. But be careful you might not like what you find and it will change you, forever.

    Furthermore you say amerika is free, doesn't that include having an
    opinion different than yours? Or is that were you draw the line? It's really
    a lot easier to just have a knee jerk preconditioned response. "Ideas that are
    different than mine, Hell No get out of MY country!" So predictable. Don't fret the door won't hit me, I'm pretty quick. Addionally choosing to join the military is an individuals personal decision. I've never asked anyone to die or kill for me. It's their CHOICE.

  32. #32
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    There is a reason I never go there, because I don't come on MTBR.com to listen to everyone opine on like they are Bill O' Reilly or Rachel Maddow.

    Its a bike site, lets at least try to keep it somewhere in between the lines. That being said, I'll just forget this thread ever existed and move along.
    Google f88me for those folks.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,097
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Clearly you are still asleep. Someday soon you and
    most of this country will wake up. Until then the noose will continue
    to tighten while you will beg for more "security" from the "terrorists." Repeat after me: Osama has been a CIA asset since the early 80's. Jet fuel cannot vaporize steel. Buildings do not collapse from fire at freefall speed into dust. A jetliner crashing into the ground will leave a lot of wreckage. All of these are facts. If you want you could look them up. But be careful you might not like what you find and it will change you, forever.

    Furthermore you say amerika is free, doesn't that include having an
    opinion different than yours? Or is that were you draw the line? It's really
    a lot easier to just have a knee jerk preconditioned response. "Ideas that are
    different than mine, Hell No get out of MY country!" So predictable. Don't fret the door won't hit me, I'm pretty quick. Addionally choosing to join the military is an individuals personal decision. I've never asked anyone to die or kill for me. It's their CHOICE.

    And all of these "theories" have been invalidated by actual scientists and engineers....as opposed to a group of college kids who made a movie....which by the way they have edited in more recent releases to omit some of their "theories" because they even realized they were wrong.

  34. #34
    Total Goober
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    I'm sure your Polish is better than mine, but your English stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    The crazy guy from Greeley killed him last year with a sword, this CIA thing must be a joke being played on the gullible Americans.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  37. #37
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Repeat after me.
    no.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  38. #38
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.
    How does a Boulder Lefty know all of Rush's Talking points

    Really guys, Today is a good day for America, let's leave it at that.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  39. #39
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    He did a good job.

    This was handled correctly, I complained about the cheering crowds outside the white house.

    Have a good day.



    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  40. #40
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    A question on Face book:

    Who do you think killed Bin Laden?

    Barack Obama 87 votes

    Chuck Norris 401 votes

    Jack Bauer 65 votes

    Team America: World Police 55 votes

    Partying with Charlie sheen 103 votes
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ds2199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    A question on Face book:

    Who do you think killed Bin Laden?

    Barack Obama 87 votes

    Chuck Norris 401 votes

    Jack Bauer 65 votes

    Team America: World Police 55 votes

    Partying with Charlie sheen 103 votes

    Gotta go with Chuck!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    This was handled correctly, I complained about the cheering crowds outside the white house.

    Have a good day.
    While not excusing the behavior, I can perhaps understand it. One, they're college students. Any excuse to gather and party.

    Two, they're 18-22 years old. For ten years, since they were 8-12 years old, Bin Laden has been the face of evil. Just as they hit their formative years, they had to watch airliners fly into buildings on live TV. Those of us who grew up in the Cold War cheered when the Berlin Wall came down, and I know I cheered when it was announced that Nicolae Ceausescu was stood up against a wall and shot.

    Different generations have different boogiemen.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    Isn't this the same person who was not able to complete her ONLY term as gov?

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    187
    [QUOTE=JOEMTBR COLORADO]
    our representatives have become elitist, QUOTE]

    They have always been elitist's, from day 1 of our country.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    How could a BLACK man possibly carry this off. Race is what it's all about, even though no one has the guts to admit it.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    SP was congratulating the troops. No mention at all of Obama. Wouldn't he have been the one to have given the go-ahead for such a mission? Let's thank Bush instead. Spin.
    Last edited by xcguy; 05-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  48. #48
    Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Reputation: snigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    537
    This is a mountain biking forum, right?

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"


    www.yeticycles.com

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,929
    Quote Originally Posted by snigs
    This is a mountain biking forum, right?

    Mostly.
    A blind man searches in a dark room for a black hat that isn't there. Dashiell Hammett

  50. #50
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,952
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    Since this is a mtn biking forum, let's get the quote right XCG.

    “Yesterday was a testament to the military’s dedication in relentlessly hunting down the enemy during many years of war,” Palin said. “And we thank our president. We thank president Bush.”

    She thanked Obama, just not in name.

    Oh, and Picture Rock and Turkey loop is in really good shape right now!
    Astigmatic Visionary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •