Results 1 to 96 of 96
  1. #1
    Shattering Glass
    Reputation: dash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    707

    Bin Laden is dead

    And America is alight! Good to see jubilant Americans coming together as one. We needed this bad....

  2. #2
    Do it for FUN!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    I, for one, would like to see the long form death certificate.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Guy has probably been dead for a while. Put his body on ice and save it for a rainy day. Next presidential election is a lock.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,161
    This thread is worthless w/o pics
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    And Trump has his investigators over there right now to make sure its true.

  6. #6
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    It's a Great day for America!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  7. #7
    starladear
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    372
    A birth certificate was not on him at the time of his death. Americans will forever question and conspiracy theories are already flying. The question is, was Osama ever born? And did he have a mother? Hey I just want to see the correct paperwork or I won't f'n rest because that's important ya know!

  8. #8
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,369

    ............
    Trailwrecker at large

  9. #9
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/reExs1L16Tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  10. #10
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Thank gawd, Osama was always riding off trail at Hall.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  11. #11
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Osama Bin Whogivesashit.

    I heard he was found shuttling APEX on an odd day. That is why they really went after him.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  13. #13
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    I'd say its a good day and leave it at that! We are Americans
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  14. #14
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    Everyone'll try to get a piece of the credit. The Republicans will likely claim it was the result of the Bush Administration's efforts.

    Lots of lively, and generally respectful political debates on another bike website: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=79
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  15. #15
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    This is my response to your stupid question

    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    It'll be interesting to hear what the Republican's negative spin will be about this.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  16. #16
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    I'd say its a good day and leave it at that! We are Americans
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bin Laden is dead-rfx-pr.jpg  

    Last edited by S-Works; 05-02-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  17. #17
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,361

    Ignoratio elenchi ...

    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    "... is the informal fallacy of presenting an argument that may in itself be valid, but does not address the issue in question." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi Thank you for providing a wonderful example.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  18. #18
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    You amaze me

    First thing you do is insult, perfect with the partisan play book, now you need to tell me that my guns and religion is the problem then I will be happy.

    Pull you head out brother and understand this is not a republican or democrat issue.

    I myself was angry last night when I saw the news covering college students celebrating in front of the white house, what a poor example that set as a world power. Yes we should be proud but celebration is just wrong as that just emboldens our enemy.

    Now, we are 50% of the way with our war on terror, my comment was that if we don't control our spending we will have no money to fight the next 50%.

    Have fun with a reply, will read it tonight when I get back home, MAYBE!

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  19. #19
    Rigid in Evergreen
    Reputation: topmounter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,538
    Net Effect:

    Find what: "Osama Bin Laden", Replace with: "Ayman al-Zawahiri"

    Click OK to resume.

  20. #20
    !Vamos, flaco!
    Reputation: Pabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    First thing you do is insult, perfect with the partisan play book, now you need to tell me that my guns and religion is the problem then I will be happy.

    Pull you head out brother and understand this is not a republican or democrat issue.

    I myself was angry last night when I saw the news covering college students celebrating in front of the white house, what a poor example that set as a world power. Yes we should be proud but celebration is just wrong as that just emboldens our enemy.

    Now, we are 50% of the way with our war on terror, my comment was that if we don't control our spending we will have no money to fight the next 50%.

    Have fun with a reply, will read it tonight when I get back home, MAYBE!
    I will have fun with this reply, thank you. I did not use the "partisan playbook" as I am neither a Democrat not a Republican. People can hold their guns and religion, or their Priuses and secular humanism close to their hearts. National defense should not be subject to politics, but it has been and likely will be in the future.

    Your unexplained reference to the Federal debt sounded like a Chewbacca Defense-type argument, which is why I referenced the "ignoratio elenchi," which was ment to describe your argument, not to insult you. Now that you explained your reference, I see your point, but would only note military spending, just like entitlement programs, are both causes of the debt.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    It's a Great day for America!
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.

  22. #22
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    enslavement? Really? Walk up to a soldiers family who lost their son or daughter fighting for your freedoms and explain your comment pshhhh!



    There's plenty of flights leaving daily dont let the door hit you in the ass
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: hungryhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    Very weird comment.

    I will be celebrating by flying my flag today.

  24. #24
    Stiff yet compliant
    Reputation: Moustache rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    My response to your stupid response.



    Things get interesting in 1981.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryhead
    Very weird comment.

    I will be celebrating by flying my flag today.
    I think he was talking about all the coyotes that are being held in captivity in Poland by zombies. I'm pretty sure.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  26. #26
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Uh oh, Joe the republican is riled up, need some popcorn for later

    I say release the photos, we can handle it, and bring the troops home as it's time to end this expensive war. We will never eliminate the threat, nope never.

  27. #27
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    If only we had a forum for these types of arguments.....

    Oh wait!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forum.php#political-socio-economic-religion

  28. #28
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    You like current events like me I see

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    If only we had a forum for these types of arguments.....

    Oh wait!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88

    Last Post on Link

    Pedal!! ( 1 2)
    bikeCOLORADO
    11-29-2008
    by bikeCOLORADO
    60 27,074

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  29. #29
    Bad Case of the Mondays
    Reputation: Jdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    Last Post on Link

    Pedal!! ( 1 2)
    bikeCOLORADO
    11-29-2008
    by bikeCOLORADO
    60 27,074
    There is a reason I never go there, because I don't come on MTBR.com to listen to everyone opine on like they are Bill O' Reilly or Rachel Maddow.

    Its a bike site, lets at least try to keep it somewhere in between the lines. That being said, I'll just forget this thread ever existed and move along.

  30. #30
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    Questions for Mustache rider

    What was the major item Mr. Carter CUT to reduce our deficit during his Presidency?


    Second question.

    How many entitlement programs were reduced during the same time, and if your that smart can you give the ratios as it applies to GDP for both and how did that affect our cost of living?


    I would like to make a simple statement.

    As I get older and more informed I find less I like about the way our current Gov't is working, our representatives have become elitist, full benefits for the rest of there lives from day one, able to vote in pay increase for themselves and there staff every year, able to be lobbied by outside groups for political and financial benefit, able to keep a good bill from passing because they throw on a rider 99% of the population disagrees with, shall I go on. OH YEAH, who in the world thinks that having Gov't workers Unionized with the ability to have collective bargaining right is logical. Federal pay ahead of private industry -

    "Federal Salaries Soaring Above Private Sector - CBS Evening News ...
    Aug 10, 2010 ... CBS Evening News: Federal Salaries Soaring Above Private Sector - USA Today Analysis Shows Average Government Workers' Pay Growing Faster" ...


    My point is you can want it all right now but can we pay for it, if we don't control our spending all our parents and grandparent hard work will be for nothing. Our national security is tied to external forces and if we loose our ability to borrow because our credit rating collapses we will have nothing to protect except for the rich people leaving our country.

    I look forward to your response.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    enslavement? Really? Walk up to a soldiers family who lost their son or daughter fighting for your freedoms and explain your comment pshhhh!



    There's plenty of flights leaving daily dont let the door hit you in the ass
    Clearly you are still asleep. Someday soon you and
    most of this country will wake up. Until then the noose will continue
    to tighten while you will beg for more "security" from the "terrorists." Repeat after me: Osama has been a CIA asset since the early 80's. Jet fuel cannot vaporize steel. Buildings do not collapse from fire at freefall speed into dust. A jetliner crashing into the ground will leave a lot of wreckage. All of these are facts. If you want you could look them up. But be careful you might not like what you find and it will change you, forever.

    Furthermore you say amerika is free, doesn't that include having an
    opinion different than yours? Or is that were you draw the line? It's really
    a lot easier to just have a knee jerk preconditioned response. "Ideas that are
    different than mine, Hell No get out of MY country!" So predictable. Don't fret the door won't hit me, I'm pretty quick. Addionally choosing to join the military is an individuals personal decision. I've never asked anyone to die or kill for me. It's their CHOICE.

  32. #32
    contains quinine
    Reputation: Debaser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub
    There is a reason I never go there, because I don't come on MTBR.com to listen to everyone opine on like they are Bill O' Reilly or Rachel Maddow.

    Its a bike site, lets at least try to keep it somewhere in between the lines. That being said, I'll just forget this thread ever existed and move along.
    Google f88me for those folks.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Clearly you are still asleep. Someday soon you and
    most of this country will wake up. Until then the noose will continue
    to tighten while you will beg for more "security" from the "terrorists." Repeat after me: Osama has been a CIA asset since the early 80's. Jet fuel cannot vaporize steel. Buildings do not collapse from fire at freefall speed into dust. A jetliner crashing into the ground will leave a lot of wreckage. All of these are facts. If you want you could look them up. But be careful you might not like what you find and it will change you, forever.

    Furthermore you say amerika is free, doesn't that include having an
    opinion different than yours? Or is that were you draw the line? It's really
    a lot easier to just have a knee jerk preconditioned response. "Ideas that are
    different than mine, Hell No get out of MY country!" So predictable. Don't fret the door won't hit me, I'm pretty quick. Addionally choosing to join the military is an individuals personal decision. I've never asked anyone to die or kill for me. It's their CHOICE.

    And all of these "theories" have been invalidated by actual scientists and engineers....as opposed to a group of college kids who made a movie....which by the way they have edited in more recent releases to omit some of their "theories" because they even realized they were wrong.

  34. #34
    Total Goober
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    932
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    I'm sure your Polish is better than mine, but your English stinks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    The crazy guy from Greeley killed him last year with a sword, this CIA thing must be a joke being played on the gullible Americans.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  37. #37
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Repeat after me.
    no.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  38. #38
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.
    How does a Boulder Lefty know all of Rush's Talking points

    Really guys, Today is a good day for America, let's leave it at that.
    Astigmatic Visionary

  39. #39
    I think I can.
    Reputation: JOEMTBR COLORADO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,241

    He did a good job.

    This was handled correctly, I complained about the cheering crowds outside the white house.

    Have a good day.



    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Well, JOEMTBR COLORADO, I'd say that's a pretty good Republican response, that of you totally ignoring the getting of Bin Laden under Obama's watch but instead bringing up every other manner of Rush talking points. Well done.

    If this thread continues any more, sure as **** you're going to start blaming Clinton for everything.

    Dam,
    Bikes are FUN

  40. #40
    Custom User Title
    Reputation: coldsteele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    A question on Face book:

    Who do you think killed Bin Laden?

    Barack Obama 87 votes

    Chuck Norris 401 votes

    Jack Bauer 65 votes

    Team America: World Police 55 votes

    Partying with Charlie sheen 103 votes
    Team MOJO Wheels.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ds2199's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteele
    A question on Face book:

    Who do you think killed Bin Laden?

    Barack Obama 87 votes

    Chuck Norris 401 votes

    Jack Bauer 65 votes

    Team America: World Police 55 votes

    Partying with Charlie sheen 103 votes

    Gotta go with Chuck!

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEMTBR COLORADO
    This was handled correctly, I complained about the cheering crowds outside the white house.

    Have a good day.
    While not excusing the behavior, I can perhaps understand it. One, they're college students. Any excuse to gather and party.

    Two, they're 18-22 years old. For ten years, since they were 8-12 years old, Bin Laden has been the face of evil. Just as they hit their formative years, they had to watch airliners fly into buildings on live TV. Those of us who grew up in the Cold War cheered when the Berlin Wall came down, and I know I cheered when it was announced that Nicolae Ceausescu was stood up against a wall and shot.

    Different generations have different boogiemen.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    Isn't this the same person who was not able to complete her ONLY term as gov?

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    200
    [QUOTE=JOEMTBR COLORADO]
    our representatives have become elitist, QUOTE]

    They have always been elitist's, from day 1 of our country.

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    How could a BLACK man possibly carry this off. Race is what it's all about, even though no one has the guts to admit it.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    SP was congratulating the troops. No mention at all of Obama. Wouldn't he have been the one to have given the go-ahead for such a mission? Let's thank Bush instead. Spin.
    Last edited by xcguy; 05-03-2011 at 03:41 PM.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  48. #48
    Ka-coo-ka-cha!
    Reputation: snigs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    541
    This is a mountain biking forum, right?

    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live. ~Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by snigs
    This is a mountain biking forum, right?

    Mostly.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  50. #50
    Team Blindspot
    Reputation: S-Works's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Sarah Palin: "We thank President Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."
    Since this is a mtn biking forum, let's get the quote right XCG.

    “Yesterday was a testament to the military’s dedication in relentlessly hunting down the enemy during many years of war,” Palin said. “And we thank our president. We thank president Bush.”

    She thanked Obama, just not in name.

    Oh, and Picture Rock and Turkey loop is in really good shape right now!
    Astigmatic Visionary

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by iMMature
    How could a BLACK man possibly carry this off. Race is what it's all about, even though no one has the guts to admit it.
    Special Agent Philip, is that you? How are you on MTBR and on Survivor at the same time?

  52. #52
    STRAVA!!!!!!
    Reputation: Waafoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    866
    After the recent events it has stirred up a lot of bad memories of September 11th. All I can picture are the towers collapsing. I have seen the shows and all the conspiracy BS and by know means a believer in that crap but I do have a design degree and know a little about structural engineering and I can't believe those buildings collapsed like that! We have some very intelligent people here and is there anyone that can shed some light on that. I have seen buildings being demoed with 10s of thousands of pounds of explosives that didn't fall? How did both completely crumble into nothing?

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Waafoo
    After the recent events it has stirred up a lot of bad memories of September 11th. All I can picture are the towers collapsing. I have seen the shows and all the conspiracy BS and by know means a believer in that crap but I do have a design degree and know a little about structural engineering and I can't believe those buildings collapsed like that! We have some very intelligent people here and is there anyone that can shed some light on that. I have seen buildings being demoed with 10s of thousands of pounds of explosives that didn't fall? How did both completely crumble into nothing?
    Thank you! Finally some reason and logic.
    However it wasn't only two, it was all THREE. Let's not forget
    WTC 7 collapsed that day as well.

    I have no idea what really caused this or why? What I do know
    is that it didn't happen like we were told.

  54. #54
    Adventurous Hacker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    437

    The first thing any good researcher learns is . . .

    . . . that correlation does not necessarily imply causality.


    "My response to your stupid response.

    Things get interesting in 1981."


    This is simply the most basic (wrong) and misleading analysis possible, but most of the mindless masses will look at your graph and draw the erroneous conclusion you want them to draw. Reagan inherited a helluva mess, including a badly hollowed military from years of Carter neglect. Furthermore, he was "blessed" with a Democratic congress. Remember, it's the congress that builds the budget in the first place. On the flipside, Clinton inherited a robust and growing economy, fueled by (EGAD!) the reduction in the top marginal tax brackets that fueled investment and GDP grrowth, naturally reducing debt as a % of GDP. Furthermore, he was blessed with a Republican congress that kept government spending in check.

    Now there was a 2-year period where W. also had a Republican congress, but debt continued to grow. Both W. and the congress failed to adhere to conservative principles. Republicans paid the price at the polls and we are now paying the price in economic terms.

    Now back to the topic at hand: This is a good thing for America. Period. I don't necessarily feel like celebrating as I think this is long overdue. Bush's fault? Maybe, The result of Obama's efforts? Probably not. One MSNBC article stated that the trail that ultimately led to Osama actually began before 9/11! So that would have to be very early in the W. administration, or possibly during Clinton! I don't really know . . . can you honestly say you do? There are so many secrets here that none of us is privy to so how can we claim to lay either blame or praise? The right-wingnut will say this was all laid out by Bush and the lib will claim Obama really is a strong leader after all, but neither but both are blindly spouting partisan BS and really don't know and probably don't care to know, especially if the truth might upset their apple cart. I agree Obama shouldn't get the credit if he doesn't deserve it, but in the end this is unlikely to sway many folks from one side of the fence to the other.

    Just be happy the deed is finally done.
    All other things are rarely equal . . .

  55. #55
    t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Reputation: PBR me!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,764
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Thank you! Finally some reason and logic.
    However it wasn't only two, it was all THREE. Let's not forget
    WTC 7 collapsed that day as well.

    I have no idea what really caused this or why? What I do know
    is that it didn't happen like we were told.

    Doesn't take a genious!
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xBOFha6Irqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

    the blog

  56. #56
    Yappy little dog!
    Reputation: schnauzers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Quote Originally Posted by dash
    And America is alight! Good to see jubilant Americans coming together as one. We needed this bad....
    All I have f'ing heard or seen for the last five days has been...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bin Laden is dead-5-3-2011-9-51-13-pm.jpg  


  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuice71
    Special Agent Philip, is that you? How are you on MTBR and on Survivor at the same time?
    You'll have to explain, Gomer, I don't watch a lot of TV, better things to do.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me!
    Doesn't take a genious!
    <iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xBOFha6Irqg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    ...and you sir are clearly not a genius.

    In the execellent video you provide as proof, the top half falls almost
    intact until it contacts the lower half. All THREE buildings on 9-11 collapsed
    into their own footprint. Your video does not. Not to mention they were
    steel reinforced concrete structures not childrens toys.

    Do you believe in physics? How about gravity? Or maybe just plain
    old commnon sense?

    Ignorance is bliss.

  59. #59
    Now with 20% more fat!!
    Reputation: JSD303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,031
    The most powerful poem I've heard about 9/11. NSFW (couple swear words)... Def Poetry ruled!!

    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/255FrQo432Y?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/255FrQo432Y?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=255FrQo432Y

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: steadyflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    ...and you sir are clearly not a genius.

    In the execellent video you provide as proof, the top half falls almost
    intact until it contacts the lower half. All THREE buildings on 9-11 collapsed
    into their own footprint. Your video does not. Not to mention they were
    steel reinforced concrete structures not childrens toys.

    Do you believe in physics? How about gravity? Or maybe just plain
    old commnon sense?

    Ignorance is bliss.
    Seriously do some research....you are so off base.

    Here is a link to just one of the many articles done about this "conspiracy" not to mentioned the peer reviewed scientific articles done on the subject...there is a lot of BS out there and I was no fan of Bush as president, but there is no way I would ever think he and his administration took those buildings down, just absurd.

    http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...y/news/1227842
    Last edited by steadyflow; 05-04-2011 at 07:31 AM.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Since this is a mtn biking forum, let's get the quote right XCG.

    “Yesterday was a testament to the military’s dedication in relentlessly hunting down the enemy during many years of war,” Palin said. “And we thank our president. We thank president Bush.”

    She thanked Obama, just not in name.

    Oh, and Picture Rock and Turkey loop is in really good shape right now!
    Here's the direct quote (from The Denver Post) I was citing:

    "Palin never mentioned President Barack Obama by name — instead saying, "We thank President (George W.) Bush for having made the right calls to set up this victory."

    Really, I never talk politics. Really.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by steadyflow
    Seriously do some research....you are so off base.
    If you have the answers please share them.

    Seeing as how everyone believes the "pancake collapse" theory
    maybe soemone here can provide answers. Think about the ground
    zero wreckage for a moment. Don't you think there would have
    been a least a couple floors sandwiched on one another in the
    rubble. In fact there wasn't and actually there was very little
    rubble remaining. All THREE buildngs turned to dust in mid-air.
    Tha is not physicallly possible. Even In a controlled demolition
    there is still a huge pile of debris remaining, not a smolderig hole.
    This phenomenon has never occured before yet happened THREE times on the same
    day in the same city.

    Regardless of the wreckage remaining, a building
    can NOT "collapse" at free fall speed. This defies physics,
    gravity and logic. If you have answers please inform me.

    Thinking about the Jenga video provided here actually proves my
    point. You will see the top half fall almost perpendicular to the lower
    until it makes contact. After that the pieces scatter and tumble and
    finally stop in an area at least 5-6 times it's footprint. Don't you think
    that would have happened at least once on 9-11?

  63. #63
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MxVdU2eVYSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    Trailwrecker at large

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    If you have the answers please share them.

    Seeing as how everyone believes the "pancake collapse" theory
    maybe soemone here can provide answers. Think about the ground
    zero wreckage for a moment. Don't you think there would have
    been a least a couple floors sandwiched on one another in the
    rubble. In fact there wasn't and actually there was very little
    rubble remaining. All THREE buildngs turned to dust in mid-air.
    Tha is not physicallly possible. Even In a controlled demolition
    there is still a huge pile of debris remaining, not a smolderig hole.
    This phenomenon has never occured before yet happened THREE times on the same
    day in the same city.

    Regardless of the wreckage remaining, a building
    can NOT "collapse" at free fall speed. This defies physics,
    gravity and logic. If you have answers please inform me.

    Thinking about the Jenga video provided here actually proves my
    point. You will see the top half fall almost perpendicular to the lower
    until it makes contact. After that the pieces scatter and tumble and
    finally stop in an area at least 5-6 times it's footprint. Don't you think
    that would have happened at least once on 9-11?
    Man, I bet you have proof the earth is flat, too. I used to work with a guy like you. He'd come to work raving about the latest "proof" he had about whatever. I'd say where'd you come up with that? Well, he heard it on talk radio on the way to work...so it had to be true! There was no dissuading this gullible individual...he'd heard it!
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  65. #65
    Chairman of the Beard
    Reputation: hirschmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    735

    Don't feed the trolls

    All THREE buildngs turned to dust in mid-air.
    Really?

    Come on, guys, don't feed the trolls. Logic won't work. It's what he wants.


    Anyone think this locks up the election in 2012? Are we that easily swayed, or is everyone going to give credit to the military and move on? I sort of get two reactions - either this is a huge deal and everyone's going to be on Barack's side, or Bin Laden is irrelevant 10 years later and most people will just move on after the media gets done consulting its twitter feed.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

  66. #66
    Stand back
    Reputation: dbabuser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,175
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Ignorance is bliss.
    And because you can't find happiness, you assume it's because you know something?
    Golden Bike Park

    Golden Connector Trails need your support!

  67. #67
    hehe ...you said "member"
    Reputation: jake7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,121
    MTB tie-in:
    Rode up to the White House ruins at Falcon yesterday (all of Falcon in great shape BTW) and taped to the cornerstone was a handwritten note congratulating the special forces/SEALs and telling Bin Laden to "rot in hell".

    ... sadly, there were noe economic bar graphs in sight.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

  68. #68
    slack jawed
    Reputation: Cletus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    173
    Whackjobs make the interwebz go 'round....

    9/11 Conspiracy Theories
    I've got nothing witty to say....

  69. #69
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319
    <iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MxVdU2eVYSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    dayam, rednecks are pure entertainment.
    Golden Bike Park Group

    Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

  70. #70
    Thread Terrorist
    Reputation: IndecentExposure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,854
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    And because you can't find happiness, you assume it's because you know something?
    Oh my, that is one of the best quotes I've seen in a long time.

    For the WIN!
    Golden Bike Park Group

    Peak Cycles Gravity Team & Bikeparts.com
    Trestle Bike Park

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    142
    Still no answers to real questions. Only knee jerk preconditioned responses.

    I'm just stunned by everyones lack of critical thinking and common sense.

    How sad.

  72. #72
    friend of Apex
    Reputation: WKD-RDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Still no answers to real questions. Only knee jerk preconditioned responses.

    I'm just stunned by everyones lack of critical thinking and common sense.

    How sad.



    Hey turd rocket- you haven't asked any real questions. You've just imposed your, excuse me, someone else's BS onto everyone, and then you implied that everyone is somehow stupid for not going along with it.

    Now please, go fvck yourself or ride some bikes.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

  73. #73
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    Hey turd rocket- you haven't asked any real questions. You've just imposed your, excuse me, someone else's BS onto everyone, and then you implied that everyone is somehow stupid for not going along with it.

    Now please, go fvck yourself or ride some bikes.
    We can hang.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  74. #74
    BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Reputation: Pimpride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    603
    U-S-A... Glad He's dead. I'm celebrating that we found and killed that dirty pig. By the way, Obama had to make the call... Way to many people knew about the operation to not give the go-ahead. Now, they are doing a good job making UBL look like an un-armed innocent victim after the fact, essentially throwing the seal team under the bus. The victims of 911, and the citizens of the US have every right to track down criminals wherever they are. Capital punishment is justice for victims, and a government of the people has to stand for the least among us. Organized crime rules the day if the powers that be are too afraid or too gutless to engage. You have to play the game to win. Also, the idea that a free government of free men and women representing the people would conspire to murder 3000 people, is insanity at best. How could you pull it off. Do you know anyone who can keep a secret forever?

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpride
    U-S-A... Glad He's dead. I'm celebrating that we found and killed that dirty pig. By the way, Obama had to make the call... Way to many people knew about the operation to not give the go-ahead. Now, they are doing a good job making UBL look like an un-armed innocent victim after the fact, essentially throwing the seal team under the bus. The victims of 911, and the citizens of the US have every right to track down criminals wherever they are. Capital punishment is justice for victims, and a government of the people has to stand for the least among us. Organized crime rules the day if the powers that be are too afraid or too gutless to engage. You have to play the game to win. Also, the idea that a free government of free men and women representing the people would conspire to murder 3000 people, is insanity at best. How could you pull it off. Do you know anyone who can keep a secret forever?
    I have some good questions.
    Who is "we" as said in your first sentence?
    What is a "right"
    Since you believe victims of 911 AND the citizens of the US have the "right" to track down these criminals, I assume that you believe the victims of the U.S. mercenaries (army, navy, marines) also have a right to track them down.
    Do you agree with this?
    Would you still be willing to call it "justice"
    What is your definition of "organized crime"
    What is "the game"
    "free government" (lol oxymoron) anyways, 3000 is a small number compared to what hiroshima and his good buddy nagasomething experienced. Remember that is was still our "free government" that decided to kill in ridiculous numbers so I know they are capable and willing to killing the 3000. I'm not saying I believe anything that has been said about the towers. There are more worthy things to think about.
    So I tried not to say what I believe, and I had to ask questions to see what you believe the words you used mean.

    Also, even if the truth about the towers is found out, what is the point of it? What then? Will we go after the culprits and start a war with them too? Maybe just a public hanging.
    I also wanted pictures of Osama.

  76. #76
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by medadreamer
    ....I also wanted pictures of Osama.
    Here's some.
    Trailwrecker at large

  77. #77
    Stiff yet compliant
    Reputation: Moustache rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319
    This picture drove home for me just how evil Osama was.




    This one from the White house situation room on the night of the attack makes you say wow. Just wow.

    Last edited by Moustache rider; 05-06-2011 at 10:04 AM.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    I wanted to see that ones obama saw, that ones the made him say "it was him".

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,161

    Shooting OBL's a55...

    Hey, not to be "unpatriotic" but is killing OBL actually the wise thing to do? Hear me out before you guys flame me into oblivion:

    In any war, a dead opponent is one that can't tell you anything, let alone the supposed leader of the entire US military's war effort... Al Qaeda and the "war on terror." I was just listening to NPR and they reported that gauging from the seized material at his compound, OBL was still fully active on the international terrorism scene. So help me understand why he isn't at GitMo being bled dry of intelligence, instead of just shooting his a55 on sight? Granted, I have no experience in waging war, and I have the benefit of hindsight, but shouldn't THE game plan in play have been to capture him ALIVE? Was killing him a tactically wise thing to do, or just something a "buckaroo" nation does to satiate a blood lust for revenge? If the US was to actually wage an effective war, every military commander I've ever heard interviewed has espoused the removal of emotion from the conduct of war. So what happened here? BTW, this is also covered in Sun Sui.

    Was it the right thing to do; was it truly a successful mission? Or, was it actually a botched mission being played up as a success?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    What's the mission?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pau11y's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    7,161
    Quote Originally Posted by medadreamer
    What's the mission?
    World domination, what else?
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

  82. #82
    Gaa-zee-raaaa!
    Reputation: Godzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,437
    Quote Originally Posted by dbabuser
    And because you can't find happiness, you assume it's because you know something?
    Awesome.
    Now with more vitriol!

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by polish coyote
    Yep so great to be a nation of braindead zombies celebrating
    are own enslavement.
    You could not have said it any better

  84. #84
    killin clear creek
    Reputation: backcountryislife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    Hey, not to be "unpatriotic" but is killing OBL actually the wise thing to do? Hear me out before you guys flame me into oblivion:

    In any war, a dead opponent is one that can't tell you anything, let alone the supposed leader of the entire US military's war effort... Al Qaeda and the "war on terror." I was just listening to NPR and they reported that gauging from the seized material at his compound, OBL was still fully active on the international terrorism scene. So help me understand why he isn't at GitMo being bled dry of intelligence, instead of just shooting his a55 on sight? Granted, I have no experience in waging war, and I have the benefit of hindsight, but shouldn't THE game plan in play have been to capture him ALIVE? Was killing him a tactically wise thing to do, or just something a "buckaroo" nation does to satiate a blood lust for revenge? If the US was to actually wage an effective war, every military commander I've ever heard interviewed has espoused the removal of emotion from the conduct of war. So what happened here? BTW, this is also covered in Sun Sui.

    Was it the right thing to do; was it truly a successful mission? Or, was it actually a botched mission being played up as a success?

    In a situation like that, the idea is to keep the team as safe as possible. If you think he MAY have a gun, or he's reaching for a book... AND it's Osama... you SHOOT HIS AZZ.

    I agree with you on capturing him, but the guy isn't going to give us anything anyhow, he may be a whackadoo... but he's not stupid & I'm pretty sure he's not soft either.


    now... can we just go back to celebrating ARE enslavement... I LOVE those kinds of parties!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

  85. #85
    rr
    rr is offline
    I don't do PC
    Reputation: rr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y
    Hey, not to be "unpatriotic" but is killing OBL actually the wise thing to do? Hear me out before you guys flame me into oblivion:

    In any war, a dead opponent is one that can't tell you anything, let alone the supposed leader of the entire US military's war effort... Al Qaeda and the "war on terror." I was just listening to NPR and they reported that gauging from the seized material at his compound, OBL was still fully active on the international terrorism scene. So help me understand why he isn't at GitMo being bled dry of intelligence, instead of just shooting his a55 on sight? Granted, I have no experience in waging war, and I have the benefit of hindsight, but shouldn't THE game plan in play have been to capture him ALIVE? Was killing him a tactically wise thing to do, or just something a "buckaroo" nation does to satiate a blood lust for revenge? If the US was to actually wage an effective war, every military commander I've ever heard interviewed has espoused the removal of emotion from the conduct of war. So what happened here? BTW, this is also covered in Sun Sui.

    Was it the right thing to do; was it truly a successful mission? Or, was it actually a botched mission being played up as a success?
    What would they do with him when they were done?, and what about the backlash from the left about the torture techniques used to get intel? Not in Obama's best interest considering his hypocritical view on the matter, ya know since it's one of the main reasons they found OBL.

    I'm glad they killed him, he's dead so we can move on and hopefully start bringing the troops home from Afghanistan, as that's just a cluster fock over there.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    What would they do with him when they were done?, and what about the backlash from the left about the torture techniques used to get intel? Not in Obama's best interest considering his hypocritical view on the matter, ya know since it's one of the main reasons they found OBL.

    I'm glad they killed him, he's dead so we can move on and hopefully start bringing the troops home from Afghanistan, as that's just a cluster fock over there.
    Who is they?
    Who is "the left"
    What is Obama's best interest?
    Does killing Osama justify the large number of civilians killed (magnitudes more than in 9/11)
    If anything see how long it takes to bring troops back.

    @polish coyote
    You can't just call people braindead and expect them to change.
    Also, you can't just state facts, it might work but mostly you'll just get the your a truther ****.
    Ask questions that avoid the kneejerk response, or at least a question that leads to more questions. You wanna get these kneejerk guys thinking for themselves.
    @everyone else
    Force = (violence, restraint, threats)
    Am I entitled to my own opinion?
    I don't believe in taxes, am I allowed to act on my nonviolent, noncoersive opinion?
    The answer is no. The IRS will use force, threats and eventually physical force to take my stuff and lock me up.
    If I resist I may get beat up, tasered, shot, killed. I would be a criminal. If I shoot them in self defense, I get in a lot of trouble and they get a "hero's" funeral.

  87. #87
    DWF
    DWF is offline
    Non Dual Bliss
    Reputation: DWF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,240
    Man, this thread has brought all the crazies out of the woodwork. Awesome!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    207
    New amendment to the constitution, no mountain bikers allowed to hold public office.

  89. #89
    killin clear creek
    Reputation: backcountryislife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by iMMature
    New amendment to the constitution, no mountain bikers allowed to hold public office.

    dude... if you think there's some whackadoo's on here... oh man, you should see a sledding site... unreal.

    http://www.backcountryrebels.com/showthread.php?t=15356
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    That same team of Seals needs to hunt down this thread and end its life.
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

  91. #91
    Chronic 1st-timer
    Reputation: lubes17319's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,369
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife
    ...... I LOVE those kinds of parties!!!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/boltron/2602770895/

    Advisory: Explicit Language
    Trailwrecker at large

  92. #92
    killin clear creek
    Reputation: backcountryislife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by lubes17319

    kinda makes you wonder about the mashed potatoes at the NEXT party huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

  93. #93
    formerly shabadu
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    That same team of Seals needs to hunt down this thread and end its life.
    This is my favorite thing you have ever posted.

    This thread is awful. Teh suck.

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    865
    If we took osama prisoner then we'd either have to put him on trial or keep him in prison indefinitely in a place like guantanamo, which obama has pledged to close. If we held him in prison he would be a potent martyr figure, like nelson mandela was for south africa. He'd also be an ongoing symbol of america's lack of due process. If we executed him in guantanamo without trial, that would look pretty cold blooded.

    If he did go to trial that would call into question why we haven't put the rest of the guantanamo prisoners on trial - including many innocents - cab drivers and the like - who have been held on flimsy pretexts. Embarrassing. It would call into question our whole extralegal way of dealing with the terrorist threat. Our political leaders don't want to relinquish that extralegal power.

    So, osama must be dealt with outside the framework of legal justice, because there's been so much of that already. For the same reason there can't be a real investigation of the use of torture because that would indict prominent democrats and republicans who have been complicit in torture all along.

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    30
    what have the crazies said?

  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by medadreamer
    what have the crazies said?
    "what have the crazies said" Just kidding
    So it seems to me to be, this thing that I think I see.

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •