Shread Ready

Bike theives *Caught* on Camera

http://www.9news.com/news/local/arti...en-from-garage

I like how they say the home owners investment "paid off" when it did nothing but make some grainy film that showed two males enter the garage and leave on her 4K bike. I supposed you can kind of make out some of their features but unless someone recognizes them it's doubtful she'll see her 4K bike again. However, I'm sure her homeowners Insurance will take care of it. Must of been a nice Mountain bike!

Huckin' trails
    I have video surveillance cams set up to my home... But the thing is all my bikes goes in the basement, even if its only a $50 bike... you're never safe enough with bikes... camera are only to help understand what went wrong... like she did.

Oh, and don't forget to use the higher quality recording, because if it happen, low res will not do anything to save your ass.

David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    They have that walk right in like you own the place trick working, probably driving around looking for opportunities. The bike owner might be better off not filing a claim on her homeowners insurance; once she pays the deductable and her rates go up for a theft claim $4,000 out of pocket might seem cheaper.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    hope these guys are caught, but in all reality it's probably not likely due to the quality of the video. Sad to hear so much of this nowadays, which is why I always keep my bike inside my home and even when i do lock it up downtown i'm usually sitting outside having a drink/food and within eyesight of it.

Shread Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by teleken View Post
    They have that walk right in like you own the place trick working, probably driving around looking for opportunities. The bike owner might be better off not filing a claim on her homeowners insurance; once she pays the deductable and her rates go up for a theft claim $4,000 out of pocket might seem cheaper.
    Yeah, I'm wondering if it really is a 4K mtn bike. Do 4K mtn bikes usually come with reflectors on the wheels? And, I agree that you need higher resolution if it's going to do you any good.

No Clue Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if it really is a 4K mtn bike. Do 4K mtn bikes usually come with reflectors on the wheels?
    Don't they all? Every bike at the shop I got my Pitch from has 'em. Even the high $ carbon race bikes. I made them remove the reflectors and the frisbee from mine before I left the store with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 9news.com
    The homeowner says she had just returned home from walking the dogs and claims she left the garage door open for just 15 minutes.
    Methinks she almost deserves it for being this stupid.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by big0mike View Post
    Don't they all? Every bike at the shop I got my Pitch from has 'em. Even the high $ carbon race bikes. I made them remove the reflectors and the frisbee from mine before I left the store with it.

Methinks she almost deserves it for being this stupid.
    When i got my yeti it didn't have any reflectors or frisbee on it...I heard they are required to put the frisbee on due to liability issues.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    Yeah, I'm wondering if it really is a 4K mtn bike. Do 4K mtn bikes usually come with reflectors on the wheels? And, I agree that you need higher resolution if it's going to do you any good.
    I heard a lot of thieves put them on to be safer making nighttime getaways.