mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Bike Supplies at Trailheads on the Front Range

FYI,

We're putting "Bike Boxes" full of bike supplies at trailheads along the front range. If you have a location suggestion, please let us know. If you're a bike shop and would like to team up to do this...let us know.
    Check out www.24hrBikeShop.com for details
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

hehe ...you said "member"
    Interesting idea.
    With all of the break-ins to vehicles at front range trail heads/parking lots, I can't immagine a vending machine like this going untouched. How have you been able to get around vandalism in the past?
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

feel the Force
    Quote Originally Posted by jake7
    Interesting idea.
    With all of the break-ins to vehicles at front range trail heads/parking lots, I can't immagine a vending machine like this going untouched. How have you been able to get around vandalism in the past?
    My thoughts exactly. Not to mention it might be illegal to sell stuff on Open Space property, permitting might be an issue - or just prohibitively expensive.
    A punctured bicycle
    on a hillside desolate,
    will nature make a man of me yet...
    -Morrissey

Pivot Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1
    My thoughts exactly. Not to mention it might be illegal to sell stuff on Open Space property, permitting might be an issue - or just prohibitively expensive.
    Jeffco had told me several years ago that I couldn't sell tubes and whatnot at my rides w/o a permit. The permits were expensive from what I remember and they will require that you give them a percentage of everything sold. They are pretty strict about stuff being sold on their property -- be sure to check with them before investing any more time and/or money is this awesome idea.
    Dirt Divas website l Twitter: @thedirtdivas l Facebook

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The Bike Boxes are big shoe boxes full of supplies sold at stores(general stores etc) along cycling routes near trailheads so if you're in a bind and need a tube etc, you are not SOL. The vending machines as you have already imagined require a bit more cooperation.
    www.24hrBikeShop.com 10% of your purchase price is donated to the trail organization of your choice!

skillz to pay billz
    Probably better if you put coolers of beer every couple of miles or so.

Rigid in Evergreen
    I like the box idea for gas stations, markets, etc. where a local IBD might not be viable. But wow, it's a shame form takes such a definitive back seat to function in the vending machine design world.