hehe ...you said "member"

Bike Commuter Killed

I always hate to hear this stuff-
    Man biking to work killed in hit and run

Not trying to create another bummer post, just hoping someone out there has some info for the police.

R.I.P. David.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

Kaj
    mtbr member
    worst thing that can happen--
    Our Shops in Fort Collins and Boulder www.fullcyclebikes.com -- doing the mountainbike thing since '82

!Vamos, flaco!
    Very sad. Be careful and mindful out there in your cars and on your bikes.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

starladear
    Feb 2004
    They're Christians.. Regrouping later. Good for them. Unfortunately they must believe bin laden is on his twentieth virgin by now also. Why don't we just add ten years to the sentencing phase as I believe these offenders should eat $hit in this life time..

Fixed and single.
    Rest in peace David.
    "Those are some good humans."

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Don't know if it’s because its spring or just random but saw two car/cyclist accidents in the past week. One they were working on the cyclist the other the police were just wrapping up the investigation. Both were on busy main roads with lots of traffic and at an intersection of a side-street.
    Hopefully everyone will be a bit more careful and observant, both on the bike and in the car.

ridin dirtay
    Quote Originally Posted by starladear
    Why don't we just add ten years to the sentencing phase as I believe these offenders should eat $hit in this life time..
    hit and run
    they will be sentenced to eternal suffering from guilt, unless they are not human

rest peacefully
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    they are not human
    that's a prerequisite

R.I.P. Rider

mtbr member
    5 AM? It's dark then right?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to ride to work in the dark, on the streets, but that certainly ups the risk tremendously.

!Vamos, flaco!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    5 AM? It's dark then right?

I'm not saying you shouldn't be able to ride to work in the dark, on the streets, but that certainly ups the risk tremendously.
    Way to blame the victim. You'll note that there was nothing in the report about lights, so, for all we know, he could have been lit up like the Fourth of July when he was hit.

The point is that someone was killed, which is sad, and the person who did it has not stepped forward to accept the responsibility, whatever that may be, for her or her actions, which is the responsible, just and legally-mandated thing to do.
    "Fact is only what you believe; fact and fiction work as a team." Jack Johnson

mtbr member
    Dude, did I blame the victim? Geez. I just said it "ups the risk".

I don't feel comfortable at all commuting in the dark. So many opportunities for someone to not see you. Lights help certainly, but let's be realistic, even in the daylight not everyone is looking for bikers.

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy
    even in the daylight not everyone is looking for bikers.
    and this is the problem in our "outdoors state" ! especially with gas prices the way it is....people need to be aware! and own up!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Agreed. Sometimes I think the commuters are ambassadors in a way. I also think there is strength in numbers. If more people were commuting by bike, it would be safer. I should be doing it more often. When I do, I ride in the street, unlike some others I see, just because bikes belong there too.

At that point it's probably analogous to motorcyles. They suffer some of the same fates, not everyone is looking for motorcycles either.

I'm rambling...

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    There is just no common sense and respect for bike lanes- imho

i live out here in HR and there are numerous on street bike lanes and people constantly use them as turning lanes and parking for football games (although they ticket those as its instant revenue) Although i rarely commute being a contractor but occasionally i like to-

I think more exposure to commuting and bicycle awareness is key

reminds me of that awareness test:
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Another Cyclist Killed

Just came across this article. Sad.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20110520/NEWS01/105200329/Fort-Collins-man-biking-across-U-S-killed-accident?odyssey=mod|mostview