Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Big Boned
    Reputation: Manmountain Dense's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Big Thanks to Ethan @ Maverick

    I thought of posting this in General Discussion, but since they're a local company, I figured it might do more good here.

    Just wanted to send out a big thanks to Ethan at Maverick for sending me warranty parts for my Speedball lickety-split.

    He's been really helpful with service questions I've had in the past, and when I emailed him last week about my fat arse bending the seat clamp on my Speedball, he not only responded quick, he sent the parts out quick -- and when they were delayed in the mail, he actually sent a second package to make sure I received them before I leave town this weekend.

    SO -- both packages arrived today, and I just had to publicly declare my gratitude. Once you have a Speedball, you get kind of hooked on it, and I've been going through withdrawal. Stoked to have it for my trip.

    Maverick rocks. Ethan rocks. Nice work, folks.
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

  2. #2
    Just go ride!
    Reputation: Stefan_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    Maverick rocks. Ethan rocks. Nice work, folks.
    I'll echo those words! I stopped by Maverick just the other day and Ethan spent 5-10 minutes just talking to me about servicing my SC-32. He also gave me some tips about dialing in the 29er version (same fork, rubber bumpers inside) that I had never thought of!

    Thanks a ton, Ethan! It truly is a privilege to have access to an expert on the Maverick shock internals that is willing to spend the time educating riders that use their products. This, combined with the serviceability of Maverick forks is 75% of the reason my next fork will also be a Maverick! The other 25% being the plush ride...
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -TJ

  3. #3
    Your retarded
    Reputation: Nickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    It's funny to read this. A couple weeks ago, I was having some issues with my new Speedball. I emailed Ethan and received a response within the hour. I described my issues and he told me exactly what was wrong and what needed to be fixed. he promised that he'd send out the new part immediately or hand deliver it to my doorstep since he travels to the Springs often. He ended up shipping the part and I had the silly little thing the next day. It was easy to replace and fixed my issue instantly.

    I was never really a big fan of Maverick since their products are designed for a riding that's different than my own, but after this very positive experience, I have a lot of respect for them. I'd certainly buy something else Maverick knowing how good the customer service is.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

  4. #4
    MK_ is offline
    carpe maŮana
    Reputation: MK_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Ethan is the man. He troubleshoots the Maverick product all day, every day. He knows them inside out. He could probably work on all that stuff blind folded. And he always takes his time to talk to anyone with a Maverick question, regardless how busy he is, and he's always pretty damn busy. Great guy.


    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

  5. #5
    skillz to pay billz
    Reputation: nOOby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks in advance for my new ML8

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts



VISIT US AT and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.