ride

Big Mountain Enduro Kickoff Party next Sat 26th in Lyons!

Get Ready for Big Mountain Enduro Action - Big Mountain Enduro Series

Big Mountain Enduro - it's time to get stoked for this. Since OB is a title sponsor, BME and OB will be hosting a kickoff party for the series next Saturday at Oskar Blues Lyons! Bike rides start at 2, party starts at 5. Hope to see some of you out!
    ************************************************** **********************************************

Big Mountain Enduro Series Kick-Off Party, Group Ride and Exclusive Early Registration January 26 at Oskar Blues Brewery in Lyons, CO

Crested Butte-- The Big Mountain Enduro Series is launching the opening of its long awaited registration with a kick-off party at series' sponsor, Oskar Blues Brewery, on January 26 in Lyons, Colo. that will including riding, entertainment and early on-site registration.

"The Big Mountain Enduro showcases big, long epic rides on some of the best trails the area has to offer. The multi-day events provides the post-race, bloody elbow Apres beer scene that is everything Oskar Blues is about. We're stoked to kick off registration with a group ride, beer and music in our backyard... come join us, it is just the beginning," said Chad Melis, marketing director at Oskar Blues Brewery.

Group rides at Hall and Heil Ranch will ride from the brewery in Lyons, Colo. at 2 p.m. and return for the registration party. Exclusive early registration will be available on-site at Oskar Blkues Grill & Brew starting at 5 p.m., with BMES staff on-site to handle all transactions. Along with on-site registration, the event will feature raffles, prizes, a video showing and live music by Dan Treanor's Afrosippi blues band with Erica Brown starting at 8:30 p.m. ($5 cover for band).

"We are excited to bring everyone together to celebrate the upcoming season with all the essential elements on-hand, dry dirt, brews and friends for the love of mountain biking," said Sarah Rawley, Big Mountain Enduro public relations.

Regular registration opens on Monday January 28 at 8 a.m. for the BME Season Pass. Registration for the first four individual events will commence at Noon and registration for the finals, BME #5 Moab will open at 7 p.m.

No RSVP is required for the event. The weather forecast for Saturday looks sunny and dry, but as it is winter in Colorado, come prepared for winter riding temperatures. Parking is available at Oskar Blues, along Sandstone Park and on side streets. Parking on Main Street is a 2 hour maximum.

In the event that an event fills up, there will be an automated wait list on BigMountainEnduro.com so eager participants can sign up to be contacted when spots become available.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Early registration for all five locations?

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    I spy...

With my little eye...

Holy Cross!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Bike(s)?

Do you have to ride the same bike on all stages of the same event, or can you swap?

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Temagami View Post
    Early registration for all five locations?
    I ran into the REEB dude at OBs, had the same question. Can't remember the answer but I know I am going to try to make this. Can't sign up for all but will try to make some of these events- like Durango! Great excuse to do a little traveling.

ride
    Got signed up for Keystone and Moab. Stoked!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

crash and burn at 45
    clicked through the webpage and a few articles, no explanation of what the second day of racing would be or what the "several events" might be. Kinda hard to sign up for races of unknown formats. I know it will generally be of SD variety.

hopefully they adapt the format that the guys at Masters of the Mass used: SD, chainless, XC, DH. that was a fun race. As I hope that race gets put on again this year.
    COMBA fan boy card holder #1.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    How was the ride/party? Awesome day for it.
    Helping folks shred in Boulder & Colorado since 1982 www.fullcyclebikes.com

4.0" fully suspended
    Nov 2006
    Party was good and a good turnout. Race sign ups were delayed a tad. I ended up drinking a few murcans of gnight and signed up for more races than originally planned. However, I was a little disappointed Heather didn't show. Winning a free yeti shirt didn't make up for her absence

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I signed up for Keystone online last night. Maybe we could set up some MTBR training days later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

didn't follow

I also read the web site and just cound not quiter figure out the race format. Is it a DH race, XC, both?

starladear
    Feb 2004
    is the enchilada one day of racing or two? sounds kind of vague on the website.. Im in but thoight it was just the enchilada. Cheers to more...