Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Big Bull was sick.

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  SDizzle 
#1 ·
Jim, Naia, Lee, Phil, Eric, and anyone I know and am missing all did well at the world's hardest xc race (under 20 miles, of course, but I'm not telling anyone). Congratulations, everyone!

Here's Naia and myself finishing...

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
not as bad as it looks ...

SDizzle said:
Jim, Naia, Lee, Phil, Eric, and anyone I know and am missing all did well at the world's hardest xc race (under 20 miles, of course, but I'm not telling anyone). Congratulations, everyone!

I don't think he normally has the seat that low. Maybe he lowered it for the tech stuff during the race?

Shoot, if I could ride as fast as Stef, and lowering the seat helped, I'd do it in a heart beat. (;o)

Great job Stef!

#5 · (Edited)
What a Great Country!

SDizzle said:

Stef:

It was good to see you and Naia!

I also saw two other mtbr folks: RockyMountainHigh(?) (Mike), and LoudPawlz(?), aka Pablo, who took a few pics himself (Pablo, might you post some?).

Here's a few that my with Cyndi took.

1. Starting line, with cool fall colors in background
2. Awards for my class (3rd place blocking view of Phil and I)
3. Lee starting
4. Lee finishing

Attachments

#7 ·
Where'd ya go?

Pablo:

Good pics, but I lost 3 places posin' for your camera! :) What do you mean, you didn't get a picture!

Where'd you go after the race? I thought I'd be able to share a beer or three with you.

I bested my previous (though lousy) best time by 15 minutes! And drank several Only The Best beers to celebreate. Thank the universe Cyndi was with me to drive home.

#9 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Is it me or is that bike setup too small for you? Knee at a 45 at the 6 o'clock.
C'mon, man. Too small? The bike is bigger than you!

There's a long, harsh descent right at the end, and it's topped by a clim that I had to walk, so I took the opportunity to drop my saddle. I descend much better with the saddle down, and I knew the course well enough to know it wouldn't hurt me at the finish.

My lack of gears, however: I caught Chaun on the descent, and he got me back with his big ring and whatnot on the finishing straight. Cheater. I had to settle for 17th instead of 16th...

#10 ·
k, that makes sense. I wasn't talking bout the bike as much as the bike setup. Not too many races do you hear about people lowering their seat for sections. Wish I didn't have to work this weekend....you making it today or what?

#11 ·
ibmkidIII said:
Wish I didn't have to work this weekend....you making it today or what?
For sure, on both counts. Rachel invited me to join her in a trip to Crested Butte, but work is innately prohibitave. Sniffle.

I'll be joining Lee and Naia and Dave C at Heil this evening, for some 5:30ish antics. I'd join ya'll on campus, but I spend enough time there regularly, and can't pass up a quality trail ride. Keep an eye out for some of the campus regulars, though - there's some truly sick riders 'round those parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.