EJP
    mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Betasso/Benjamin Open House Report

I went to Boulder County Parks and Open Space's open house tonight. For more details, see Boulder Trail Opp - Betasso/Benjamin Property.

I recognized a few mtb names on the sign-in sheet and also saw a few BMA/IMBA affiliations, so that is promising. However, the anti-mountain bikers are also rallying. I snuck a look at the comment sheet at the top of the pile and it was "no access except through Betasso" and "no bikes." So get your comments in.

The info presented by staff seemed pretty reasonable to me. They are especially concerned about steep slopes and erosive soils, but amenable to bikes (and rec in general) that is compatible with other preservation-type values. It is still early in the process, so if you want new infrastructure (trails) to be open to bikes, now is the time to speak up. The email address for comments and info on the next open house are included in the previous post.

The same open house will be repeated at the Sugarloaf Fire Dept on March 4. I'll bet that the cranky neighbors will be out in force......
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I like 'em either blond and fruity or dark and chocolaty

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks!!!

I know there are knuckleheads of all types but these combative attitudes kill me.

Of course, some trail sponsorship/regular maintenance helps offset some of the anti-biking propaganda.