Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm with stupid

New question here. best way to shuttle jones downhill

Well was going to hit up sol this weekend but with the jump in fuel prices this weekend and entry fee and not being able to talk my cheap friend into going and pitching for fuel i figured i would just take said cheap friend and shuttle jones downhill. But one small problem. I have not done that before. And with legs killing me from yesterdays up the incline and run down barr trail i dont feel like riding up hill all that way. So if someone could help out and tell me where to park both trucks and directions on how to get there that would be great. thanks in advance.

I'm with stupid
    anyone?

Shoulda went faster
    Quote Originally Posted by hitechredneck
    anyone?
    Jones is not really a shuttle. You can park up at Frosty's park off road 379. Then pedal across to the "downhill" portion. I would call it a xc or all mountain ride. Not quite like lift riding. All the local shops have a map of the area, grab it and start exploring.

Medicine Wheel Guy
    The cheapest way to do it is the old fashioned way...earn your turns & ride up Gold Camp Rd to Frosty's.

mtbr member
    It would be quite a bit of driving to shuttle it. I always ride up Gold Camp or Old Stage.

mtbr member
    Ride pipeline instead if you're wanting more of a dh ride

mtbr member
    does anyone ever shuttle pipeline? I'd be game for shuttling my jeep if others would be interested!

mtbr member
    I usually have your sister drive me up to the trailhead, ride down until I get to the end of the trail where your sister greats me with ice cold beer and ask what I'd like to ride next.
    Somebody better get me a stamp...I'm gonna send it

percocet pioneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by T10irons
    I usually have your sister drive me up to the trailhead, ride down until I get to the end of the trail where your sister greats me with ice cold beer and ask what I'd like to ride next.
    you're cool

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by $ally Hu$tle
    you're cool
    haha...and my offer still stands to do some shuttling if anyone wants in...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewnielson
    does anyone ever shuttle pipeline? I'd be game for shuttling my jeep if others would be interested!
    The top of it is right next to where jones starts off. I'd be up for it.

I'm with stupid
    I guess he must be cool cause she wont even do that for me. Im up for the weekend. Either day would work for me. or if you know another trail to hit I only rock a 6" bike so i wont blast down but i will give it my best shot to keep up.

mtbr member
    I've got fridays and saturdays off, so saturday would probably be best.

mtbr member
    I'm on a 08 Enduro, so I won't be DHing either...
    Just looking to do some good quality AM riding!

Your retarded
    ...my offer still stands to do some shuttling if anyone wants in...
    Just looking to do some good quality AM riding!
    Wouldn't that imply riding to the top?
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

rr
    I don't do PC
    A fun route is park a car at Red Rocks and then drive up Old stage rd to 379. You can do Jones or Pipeline to Jones park, then do 666 to High dr., then do the Palmer/Sec 16 loop and take the Intemann trail and down to RR's.

If you climb up it looks like this: (and my avatar )

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    A fun route is park a car at Red Rocks and then drive up Old stage rd to 379. You can do Jones or Pipeline to Jones park, then do 666 to High dr., then do the Palmer/Sec 16 loop and take the Intemann trail and down to RR's.

If you climb up it looks like this: (and my avatar )
    We drove up Lower Gold Camp and started riding up Middle Gold Camp from the Cap'n Jack's parking lot for the ride you pictured, not Old Stage and 379. That was a great ride!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kristian
    We drove up Lower Gold Camp and started riding up Middle Gold Camp from the Cap'n Jack's parking lot for the ride you pictured, not Old Stage and 379. That was a great ride!
    Right, but I was refering to shuttling it not riding up, if you climb up like we did then def do Gold camp to Old stage and 379, or St Mary's, was a great ride.

We did a fun route yesterday at MH too

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickle
    Wouldn't that imply riding to the top?
    that would imply that I don't "want" to ride up to the top...hence the reason for wanting to shuttle! not everyone enjoys the up as much as the down

Your retarded
    that would imply that I don't "want" to ride up to the top...hence the reason for wanting to shuttle! not everyone enjoys the up as much as the down
    I heard ya. I've been a member of that group since I've been riding.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Team Inflexible
    There are many ways to ride Jones.. I have shuttled it, rode down Pipeline and the Jones options and even done Seven Bridges a couple of times. Looping it I have huffed it up St Marys or the grind in the saddle up ole Gold camp. Here are my thoughts.

Shuttle Options:
    Pipeline> Seven Bridges> Chutes: This option offers the most down hill with about 0% climbing. Seven Bridges is worth going down but not my fav. This is the fast downhiller option.

Pipeline or 701> Jones Park> Jacks> Chutes: I like this DH option better than the Seven Bridges Option it cuts over through aspens from pipeline to Jones park if you took Pipeline down. I like the 701 option better, it has 3 small climbs in it but offers more Singletrack and better DH. Once you complete Jones you can head up to Jacks or take Bear Creek down. The Bear Creek options lets you connect Palmer and Section 16 then take the Inteman Trail over to Red Rock to finish. I got the Red Rocks Combo idea from Rick (check out his cool graph) and its my favorite way to shuttle the area. But this route I would ride Jones park vs. Pipeline

Loop options:
    Chutes Parking Lot Or Jacks Parking Lot> Gold Camp Rd> FR 379 > Jones back down.
    Fun Ride but lots of time in the saddle on dirt roads.

Chutes Parking Lot Or Jacks Parking Lot> St Marys > FR 379 > Jones Back down. This is my usual way to Ride Jones and prefer Marys to grinding up Gold Camp but thatís just me. Going up Marys is about an hour hike a bike vs riding up Gold Camp rd that takes about 2-3 hours in the saddle.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydude
    Chutes Parking Lot Or Jacks Parking Lot> St Marys > FR 379 > Jones Back down. This is my usual way to Ride Jones and prefer Marys to grinding up Gold Camp but thatís just me. Going up Marys is about an hour hike a bike vs riding up Gold Camp rd that takes about 2-3 hours in the saddle.
    Ditto that. I've ridden up Jones, St. Mary's, and Gold Camp, and I think that going up St. Mary's is the best trade-off in terms of pain and time in the saddle.

I've also shuttled it a couple times. We would leave a car in the Stratton parking lot and get somebody to drop us off at Frosty Park. I have to admit that the lazy way is pretty tempting...

Chronic 1st-timer
    Did I mis-understand the part about there being a shuttle?

About 4hrs later, and finally pointing downhill

Damn, that was some goodness!
    Last edited by lubes17319; 05-28-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Les grimpťes, je m'en fou!

I did it all for the kudo
    Great riding yesterday Lubes! We definitely earned our turns, I'm sunburned, tired and smiley today!

I'm with stupid
    Was a great ride.... Well till I was in full on crying mode after my SECOND crash. My legs are feeling it today. I am loving my bright orange bike in the pic with the aspens!

I tapped that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast