Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Awesomist™

Best tires for my Tundra... for the Front Range.

Ha!

But for real... jeffkenn's thread turned into a sh!tshow, but towards the end someone threw Bridgestone Dueller's into the mix, which is what I am leaning towards when I replace tires on my '06 Tundra. What's on there now are some crap-@ss off-brand tyres the dealer tossed on there to sell the truck, looking for something more better than that.

I had BFG All Terrain T/A's on my Taco, and liked those pretty well. Might be a BIT aggressive for the terrain I normally ride errrr... DRIVE, here in Colorado. I don't four-wheel it up, but I'm often in the mountains either biking or snowboarding so I'd need something that can go off-highway, but still do decently for the MPG's on I-70. Really leaning towards the Bridgestones, but will welcome other suggestions...

Cuz you know... I like to ride uuhhhh DRIVE cross country, up and downhill (gotta earn your turns, right?), but with the occasional lift-served or shuttle day thrown in here and there, pretty much everything except Freeriding, what with the price of gas these days and all.

So... whatya guys think? What are ya'll running on your shuttle trucks... I mean errr, vehicles?

The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

killin clear creek
    www.treadwright.com

I've had about 5 or 6 sets so far, you can't compare for the money. They take all the fun out of winter driving though, it's WAY harder to get sideways than a normal tire.
    If you're looking for a summer tire, there are likely companies that are just as good but for winter, once you buy a set, you'll never want anything else.

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...inel-at-e.aspx

These are what I've run the last few sets, I drive about 100+ miles a day above 9k & these get good mileage but perform like a studded tire. (they'll run you about $500 installed for the set) They also have mud tires if you just want to look cool though...
    Quote Originally Posted by thump View Post
    How about we take the "let it burn approach" with the rotting cesspool of the Denver metro?

My leg feels funny
    I dunno if I'd call BFG mall terrains too aggressive for general road use I have heard good reviews for the Dueler A/T's. Personally I run BFG A/T's and get a lot of miles out of them. My only few complaints are the bit of extra noise and the fact that they aren't the best in mud but I avoid that like the plague anyway. One plus about running A/T tires even though you don't offroad often is its nice to know that your sidewalls are going to be OK when you repetitively drag them across the curb because you still can't park after 15 years of driving...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Michelin LTX A/T or yokohama geolander A/T

Living the High Life
    Weird, I just put a set of Bridgestone Duelers on my Frontier a few weeks ago. CostCo has them for $125 roughly and they have a $70 off coupon right now.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

mtbr member
    Black. With knobbies.

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithnu
    Weird, I just put a set of Bridgestone Duelers on my Frontier a few weeks ago. CostCo has them for $125 roughly and they have a $70 off coupon right now.
    per tire or overall?

mtbr member
    I just went through this a few months ago and ended up getting the Big O Bigfoot A/T tires for my Xterra. They are cheaper than the big name brands, have a 50k warranty, an included road hazard warranty, and supposedly are made in the USA by Cooper tires. So far they've done very well in snow and can handle light duty wheelin' no problem.

mtbr member
    I put Bridgestone Dueler Revos on my Dakota at 67k and I'm about to replace them at 109k in a couple of weeks. They did pretty good in the snow but I would have expected a few more miles from them. I am leaning towards the General Grabber HTS as they were recommended by Consumer Reports and I don't think I need another A/T tire for my 99% highway driving. TireRack also gives them a pretty high rating from user feedback. I found them at another online retailer for $102 for the 265/70/16 size.

Chronic 1st-timer
    Les grimpées, je les déteste!

mtbr member
    you'll get the same responses as the other tire threads in these here parts... "tire A rules!" "tire A sucks!"...

i've been happy w/ the the toyo all terrain, especially in snow. miss the look of the cooper mudders i was running before, but the price/size was right. i also looked hard at the big O XT (and the duellers for that matter). chances are you won't go wrong for the usage you're after, methinks.
    -
    .And following our will and wind . . .
    . . .We'll ride the spiral to the end
    and may just go where no one's been.

Your bike is incorrigible
    I'm the one from the previous thread with the Duelers.

When I bought my truck it had Duelers on it that were basically bald. I did a little research into the Duelers and found that all but the Revos were absolute crap. The Revos, on the other hand, received high marks in every test. I've had them a little over a year now, and I'd say they are good. I'd like a little more grip in the snow, but they are still competent enough and give good mileage.

But I still want to go up to 30/9.5 just so I can be in the thirty inch + crowd.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I use the TOYO on my Tacoma and they have been great. I have about 40K on them and they still have a good amount of tread...really impressed so far.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Just to throw another one in the mix, take a look at the Nitto Terra-Grappler. I have had them on my truck for about 20K and they have done well in all conditions I have put them in. You can also get them from discounttiredirect.com with free shipping and no tax.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I just hope that this is the tire thread that gets stickied.

friend of Apex
    I've had the Cooper LTZ Zeons on my Tundra for the last two seasons... er years.
    They have been superb. As aggresive as the BFG, but with more manners.

However, I'm not sure they make any that'll fit your teenage rims.
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

hehe ...you said "member"
    + _ on the Bridgestone Duelers - have 'em on my "04 Tundra.
    Great tires for ski season.
    “Me fail english? Thats unpossible.” - Matt Groening

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    As in the other thread, Bridgestone Revo's here. Had two sets of them on the Tacoma. Excellent tires. The last set of tires I put on the TiRD were Bridgestone AT's and learned two things: they cost more and they suck balls.

BTW, talk to Brian at Rex Tire in the Springs. Drop my name. Brian has hooked me up on the tires for the VW's and the Jeep and I wouldn't go anywhere else now. EXCELLENT customer service and even better pricing. Family business & not a chain too!
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryislife
    www.treadwright.com

I've had about 5 or 6 sets so far, you can't compare for the money. They take all the fun out of winter driving though, it's WAY harder to get sideways than a normal tire.
    If you're looking for a summer tire, there are likely companies that are just as good but for winter, once you buy a set, you'll never want anything else.

http://www.treadwright.com/shopnow/p...inel-at-e.aspx

These are what I've run the last few sets, I drive about 100+ miles a day above 9k & these get good mileage but perform like a studded tire. (they'll run you about $500 installed for the set) They also have mud tires if you just want to look cool though...
    Those are retreads, aren't they? That tread pattern looks just like the Bridgeston Revo's.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Want to vent?
    General Grabber AT2 - was way cheaper than most with good reviews.....Good wear after 2 years as well...

AT2
    Last edited by The SS Boz; 05-05-2010 at 10:08 AM.
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just put on the Michelin LTX M&S- quietest tire yet- very comfortable ride too. They are really good on the highway and last forever, from what I hear/read. I have used the A/T Revos and they are my best overall choice if I were doing a bit more offroad stuff.

My budget choice would be the Grabbers. The BFG ATs are good but I do find them a bit too loud and not very good through water at highway speeds. If on a lot of forest service roads or rocky trails, they would jump to the top, along with the A/T Revos.

Living the High Life
    Quote Originally Posted by liqwid
    per tire or overall?
    $70 off the set. The total came to $541.73 with fees, taxes, the coupon, etc for 4 tires. That was for a set of 4 276/70 R17s, smaller/larger rims cheaper/more expensive respectively.

I actually have a set of Michelin snow tires for the winter time on a different set of rims. They're awesome, very consistent so it adds confidence because you know what your truck will be doing.

4wd, traction control and snow tires = screw you blizzard I'm staying on the road.
    Last edited by Ithnu; 05-05-2010 at 07:33 AM.
    You have just been mentally Rick Roll'd. Yup you're thinking about it right now aren't you? Don't fight it.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    Someone already mentioned buying at Costco, and I wanted to +1 that. I saved $300 over any other tire store (on BFG AT's).

Awesomist™
    Quote Originally Posted by hitek79
    Black. With knobbies.
    ¡Bastardo!

Quote Originally Posted by azmtbkr81
    I just went through this a few months ago and ended up getting the Big O Bigfoot A/T tires for my Xterra. They are cheaper than the big name brands, have a 50k warranty, an included road hazard warranty, and supposedly are made in the USA by Cooper tires. So far they've done very well in snow and can handle light duty wheelin' no problem.
    Your ideas intrigue me and I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    I did a little research into the Duelers and found that all but the Revos were absolute crap. The Revos, on the other hand, received high marks in every test. I've had them a little over a year now, and I'd say they are good. I'd like a little more grip in the snow, but they are still competent enough and give good mileage.
    This is good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle
    I just hope that this is the tire thread that gets stickied.
    H3lls to the yizzeah.

Quote Originally Posted by WKD-RDR
    I've had the Cooper LTZ Zeons on my Tundra for the last two seasons... er years.
    They have been superb. As aggresive as the BFG, but with more manners. However, I'm not sure they make any that'll fit your teenage rims.
    Zing!

Quote Originally Posted by BigSteve in CO
    Someone already mentioned buying at Costco, and I wanted to +1 that. I saved $300 over any other tire store (on BFG AT's).
    Booyah. That'll make the work membership totally worthwhile.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Nitto Terra Grappler's

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast