crashes in parkinglot

best shock pump and where to get them in front range?

I decided to turn my old shock pump into part of a wind chime ( in the stages of desingin it) as it couldn't hold air much less help my shock fill with air.

I only use it on my AC, its got a coil swinger (i think).
    What are some reliable shock pumps out there? I know scrub likes his i'm hoping he will chime in here.

If you know of any shops in the Boulder area that stock them thats even better.

Moderator Moderator
    I have a wrenchforce one that is very nice and very cheap. Much better than others I have sitting in the bottom of a parts bin.

University Bikes or any other trek dealer should stock them.
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed
    I decided to turn my old shock pump into part of a wind chime ( in the stages of desingin it) as it couldn't hold air much less help my shock fill with air.

I only use it on my AC, its got a coil swinger (i think).
    What are some reliable shock pumps out there? I know scrub likes his i'm hoping he will chime in here.

If you know of any shops in the Boulder area that stock them thats even better.

i've got one of those performance brand ones with the funky two part head attachment. not sure if they make it any longer. i like it because it can get into where the air valve sits on my rear shock easier than the "standard" type. it actually works better, with less air loss than any other shock pump i've used.

also have one of those specialized brand dual tire/shock pumps. works decently in both applications, but not super in either. the shop just a half dozen blocks from me has several of these.

unless your air valve sits in a funky spot, seems like any of the stereotypical shock pump design should work. not sure who in town has the best deals/selection.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Rides Uphill Slow
    I got one when I bought my Heckler and it seems to be a cheap one but works really well. ETR you know if you need to fill your shocks you can always borrow mine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

dont have my bike or my pump handy....

but,

when shopping for mine, i bought one that wouldnt screw onto the one fitting on the shock, cuz the pump had a really fat head, so i found one that was longer and skinnier

just a thought

ride
    Stay away from the folding ones. They're cool and fit in a backpack well, but the seal at the hose swivel area craps out after awhile. It gets frustraing - you get your shock set almost just where you need it, only a couple pumps left, then - shhhhhhhhhh, the seal burps a little air.

Long and straight is the way to go. Outside of that, I've had pretty good luck with about all of them.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO