Thread: best resort?

Kid In The Helmet

best resort?

I am headed to 1 of the resorts on the weekend of the 19th and wanted to get some thoughts on where to go. SolVista, Winter Park or Breckenridge. I am an intermediate rider and I want to get into more downhill and jumping. Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Jeff

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    June 19th?
    At that point you have Sol Vista or Winter park to select from as Keystone won't be open yet.

Lot's of discussion on which is the "best" resort in Colorado in threads here and in the Downhill Forum. Mostly it ends up being between Sol Vista and Keystone but Winter Park is build new trails as well and has a loyal following.

Sol Vista is more Race oriented in it's trail building and the courses are shorter than Keystone. Personally I prefer Sol Vista greatly, but others prefer Keystone.

If you mean July 19th then that is Nationals at Sol Vista so the mountain will be fun to be at but some trails might not be accessible depending on whether they use a track that cuts across other trails.

Kid In The Helmet
    Breckenridge opens on June 19th as well...is that a decent place to ride? And yes, June 19th, not July 19th. Thanks for the thoughts.

mtbr member
    Brek is more of an XC type place.

Slopestyle Rider
    If you want to get into some jumping, that's pretty much right up WP's alley. Several jump trails...

My leg feels funny
    Quote Originally Posted by joelalamo45
    If you want to get into some jumping, that's pretty much right up WP's alley. Several jump trails...
    How's the mud looking up there these days?