mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Best Race for the not-so-serious racer on the Front Range

I've been poking around the idea of doing some racing this summer. I'll be lucky to get my Sultan under 30 pounds, so I'm not working on my podium pose.

Anyone care to chime in on some xc-ish races that are worth doing? Fun, challenging, but with a good vibe. Something like a shorter, closer version of the Laramie Enduro could work.

Any of the Rocky Mtn Endurance races fit the bill? The Winter Park series?
    Firecracker 50?

ride
    Winter Park Series is what you want. Great courses, great organization, great trails, schwag, good peeps, etc. Close, too. I raced xc for a long, long time and always thought the WP series was the best there was. Check out the point to point races they do. Super fun, good vibe, all that.
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

zrm
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The Firecracker is a great race but it sells out quickly so if you're interested in that keep an eye on the web-page. Mav sports, the same group that runs the firecracker, also runs the local Wednesday evening race series. It's pretty casual with great courses and camaraderie. I've also heard good things about the Winter Park series.

friend of Apex
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    +1 on Winter Park. I did a year in Beginner (3rd overall!), then a year in Sport (got destroyed!). People were there to have fun. The best thing about racing is that you don't worry about hikers, uphill traffic, etc. Not to say some dorkus won't stumble upon the course, but you won't look like a jerk when you run them over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now