Your bike is incorrigible

Best Mt Bike book (not FR related)

I want to find a decent mt bike book with loads of pics of cool gear and rides, and I could care less about maintenance or skills or training. Basically, is there a coffee table book with nice pics?

t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
    If there was it would be written by Mike C!

I can literally get lost for hours going through his stuff!
    I'm a cowboy on a steel horse i ride!

the blog

I have this feeling none exist because everyone misreads the market. I want to look at pics, not read about how to manual or do intervals. It's the same with every film being all about DH with one segment of trials and maybe a little DJ thrown in. Who gives a crap?!

Rant over...for now.

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    I want to find a decent mt bike book with loads of pics of cool gear and rides, and I could care less about maintenance or skills or training. Basically, is there a coffee table book with nice pics?
    I got this book over a decade ago for a gift: Fat Tire: A Celebration of the Mountain Bike.

It is older, 1999, but it is so cool. The tire on the front is a real piece of a Ritchey tire from back in the day.

It's a cool piece that I'm stoked to have. Great for the coffee table and super fun to look through and read.

Amazon.com: Fat Tire: A Celebration of the Mountain Bike (9780811819824): Amici Design, Joe Breeze: Books

banned
    best coffee table book...evar

banned
    second best coffee table book...evar

Quote Originally Posted by mtn.skratch View Post
    I got this book over a decade ago for a gift: Fat Tire: A Celebration of the Mountain Bike.

It is older, 1999, but it is so cool. The tire on the front is a real piece of a Ritchey tire from back in the day.

It's a cool piece that I'm stoked to have. Great for the coffee table and super fun to look through and read.

Amazon.com: Fat Tire: A Celebration of the Mountain Bike (9780811819824): Amici Design, Joe Breeze: Books
    I actually have that one! You're right, it is pretty cool. But it is also getting pretty outdated. That's about what I had in mind, just within the last four or five years.

What if Bike magazine did a coffee table book pictorial? Now that would be really superb.

Team Inflexible
    Quote Originally Posted by PBR me! View Post
    If there was it would be written by Mike C!

I can literally get lost for hours going through his stuff!
    Love MC! Photo Friday and his moments vid rocked.

boxcar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka View Post
    I actually have that one! You're right, it is pretty cool. But it is also getting pretty outdated. That's about what I had in mind, just within the last four or five years.

What if Bike magazine did a coffee table book pictorial? Now that would be really superb.
    I would be so stoked if Bike magazine did a book!

Rob Story put a book out (again, years ago) that was basically a "loose" world-wide guide book for mountain bikers. I have never seen it, but may be worth a look. He wrote for Bike, Powder, and Outside magazines.

Amazon.com: Outside Adventure Travel: Mountain Biking (Outside Books) (9780393320718): Rob Story: Books

I really do wish that there was a new version of "Fat Tire."

Books can be found everywhere for climbing, skiing, fishing, hunting, auto and moto, etc....and there is really nothing out for Mountain Bikers in the printed word.

Quote Originally Posted by KarateChicken View Post
    second best coffee table book...evar

That's pretty cool, and it is along the same lines as what I had in mind for mt bikes.

I would be more interested in that one if it was a collection of hardcore 4x4 rigs, though, instead of motorcycles.

boxcar
    a comprehensive pictorial for mtb's is definitely in order

You guys read MBUK? You know the section on the super bikes? Well, what if we had Bike magazine do the pics and have a section at the bottom of every other page that was dedicated to a breakdown of super bikes? That would be the absolute perfect match, and I would spend whatever it took to own such a book.