Bad Andy

best ft collins trails?

Hey all you northern colo folks, I will prolly have some time to get a couple hour ride or 2 in Ft Collins this w/e (due to daughter's soccer tourn there, and will likely be staying there at bro-in-law's), and was wanting to get a few opinions on your favorite rides close to Ft Collins? The only time I've ridden up there was at Lory years ago, and I normally frequent all the jeffco open space stuff.
    Also, a recommendation to take a young rider (my 9 year old son). He has been on parts of 3 sisters, evergreen mtn, green mtn, matthews winters. Something fairly easy for that one!
    Thanks

Rolling
    Horsetooth mountain park (Starts by the reservior west of town). If you want easy, head out toward Loveland on the Blue sky trail.

Open the canned peaches!
    Horsetooth +1. Be sure to hit Wathen down.

For the 9 yr old, another option is Bobcat Ridge outside Masonville, that's pretty easy.
    Slow is Smooth, and Smooth is Fast.

mtbr member

Lory State Park would be good

my kids love the "dirt jumps" there at the new bike park (pump track, a few lumber features, etc.) From there you can ride the valley trails (pretty easy, but very fun) or head up Timber (climbs, but pretty mellow for 2 miles, then turns steep and technical).

Closer to town is Pineridge (park at end of Horsetooth Road), Coyote Ridge (1 mile south of Trilby on Taft) or Michaud (west end of Michaud Lane, north of town a few miles off of Overland). Easiest would be Pineridge.

Have fun.

slow
    Depending on schedule, may be available for guide duty. PM if interested.

Bad Andy

thanks

Thanks for the responses all, hopefully will get to check a couple out. Will let you know what I thought!

slow
    Andy,
    Nice riding with you Sunday. I hope you had fun on Monday. GPS said 10.5 miles and just shy of 2000' climbing.
    Here is the route:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bad Andy
    Yea Mike - thanks for the ride - it was a good one - good choice, and thanks again for being my guide! It was amazing how different parts of the ride reminded of different rides in Jeffco - like you said, probably part of the same geological formation, etc, so that makes sense. On different parts of the ride, I was thinking Matthews/Winters, Magnolia, White Ranch and Apex.
    Sure felt like more miles though! Guess I better get in shape.
    TJ, my 9 year old enjoyed the Lory Bike Park Monday. I had some fun there too!
    Hopefully we can ride together again soon - be sure to look me up if you're ever in the Golden area.
    PS - looks like my bro-in-law has his house listed with a realtor now. They had 2 showings yesterday. It is a block or 2 east of Corbett and Indigo - just south of Harmony.