mtbr member
    May 2004

Best chances for a dry-ish trail this morning?

Plan to head out with a couple guys who are kind of new to mountain biking and trying to think of which trail would be best to take them to. Any suggestions for a trail that will be the driest, and isn't too tough?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by particleman View Post
    Plan to head out with a couple guys who are kind of new to mountain biking and trying to think of which trail would be best to take them to. Any suggestions for a trail that will be the driest, and isn't too tough?
    You can go anywhere. Nothing is going to be too wet. if anything the rain most likely has helped the trails. Marshall mesa, and Ridgeline are easy options.

mtbr member
    I think they'll all be hero dirt and tacky...should be awesome riding this morning...heading out to golden gate state park. anything sun exposed would be best...mt falcon etc. I'm sure Buffalo creek is still dry.

mtbr member
    I rode Marshal Mesa, Flatirons Vista, to Dowdy Draw yesterday morning, and the conditions couldn't have been better. There was one small muddy spot right before the bridge after going down Dowdy. The rest was perfect. Of course it rained again after that.

mtbr member
    Apex Trail kicked ass Friday morning!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ironbrewer View Post
    I rode Marshal Mesa, Flatirons Vista, to Dowdy Draw yesterday morning, and the conditions couldn't have been better. There was one small muddy spot right before the bridge after going down Dowdy. The rest was perfect. Of course it rained again after that.
    Be careful on that bridge at the bottom of Dowdy, if it's wet it's very slick. Rear tire slipped right out as I came onto it and down I went.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It didn't rain nearly as much up on the north side of town as it did from Golden south.

I rode Centennial Cone this morning and it was perfect. No mud anywhere.

mtbr member
    Just came off of upper loops (Rawhide) of WR...it was like the place was laid w/ a dirt carpet! And, no mud, or at least nothing you couldn't hop over or go around...
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

p0P
    Ditto on the 'cone... hero dirt baby!

Tribe Member
    Hero dirt all over Chimney and Apex this morning. Couple of wet spots but no mud.
    Proud Tribe member since 1992 - looking for better singletrack to be ridden year round

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brokefork View Post
    Be careful on that bridge at the bottom of Dowdy, if it's wet it's very slick. Rear tire slipped right out as I came onto it and down I went.
    Haha. I've done the same thing...on a night ride. I dropped my bike and did one of those things where you try and run it out to avoid falling, and my momentum carried me right off the bridge and into the stream. The stream was of course running high at the time and I fell into water above my knees, almost to my waist. My friend said from behind it looked like I just ran off the bridge and jumped into the water. He couldn't stop laughing at me for the rest of the ride.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB