mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Best bike(s) for Valmont Bike Park (Front Range)

Just trying to plan ahead here since I ride/drive by this place every day on the way to jail I mean work. Lotsa dirt being churned and processed lately. This resembles progress I think.

So like what additional bikes/gear do I need to successfully rock the (soon to be) Valmont gnar?

I figure I will now need a cross bike and prolly a huckasaurous type BMX bike too? Full face helmet? Body armor? Real baggy shorts? A TT helmet just to intimidate?

Rolling
    You can come to Gunbarrel (Eaton Park) and prepare right now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    You can come to Gunbarrel (Eaton Park) and prepare right now.
    For sure! Mainstreet is running great, going to tackle some other stuff to dial it in next week. Bring your shovel and water bucket.

As for Valmont, I will be riding my Transition Double, but I will probably just be riding the jumpy stuff
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by simcik
    For sure! Mainstreet is running great, going to tackle some other stuff to dial it in next week. Bring your shovel and water bucket.

As for Valmont, I will be riding my Transition Double, but I will probably just be riding the jumpy stuff
    When do you guys go to Gunbarrel?
    Went out there for the first time (after hearing about it over a decade ago yes, I'm OLD! ) and rode a little bit...on the kiddie section, remember I'm old...and fat and out of shape but that's beside the point!
    Anyway, figure I'll drop by occasionally after work which means around 6:30ish AM, work 12hr nights just down the road from troyboy, only I make drugs (legal ones!, quit that!) instead of hanging around the jail.
    Was thinking of bringing my weedeater next time, twas a bit overgrown.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    We would be greatly indebted to you if you brought a weedeater, it would give that place a facelift. I am typically there in the afternoon. Send me a PM on a day you are going out there and I will make sure to stay later.
    Transition, Shimano, DT Swiss, deity, Maxxis, Dakine, Demon Dirt, MRP, Oakley, VP, Honey Stinger, Grassroots Cycles

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy
    Just trying to plan ahead here since I ride/drive by this place every day on the way to jail I mean work. Lotsa dirt being churned and processed lately. This resembles progress I think.

So like what additional bikes/gear do I need to successfully rock the (soon to be) Valmont gnar?

I figure I will now need a cross bike and prolly a huckasaurous type BMX bike too? Full face helmet? Body armor? Real baggy shorts? A TT helmet just to intimidate?
    I just finished my Bank build for a different bike park and fun. It's awesome and I'm not worthy. I'm replacing my Giant STP with it and it's getting me around the pump track like a jet pack is there when you pump. The 831 fork is also awesome. You will be an official weight weenie without any cross country racing involved.

I'm thinking everybody needs a fun hard tail - makes your driveway and a simple errand fun if the trails are closed.

The Valmont park looks neat and well funded but our little pocket park has fresh beer and food served (built on public golf course land).

The Bank:

mtbr member
    We would be greatly indebted to you if you brought a weedeater, it would give that place a facelift. I am typically there in the afternoon. Send me a PM on a day you are going out there and I will make sure to stay later.
    Was thinking of going by in the morning, could probably do Monday morning and stay for awhile. Just depends on how sleepy I am after working all night.
    I'll try bringing the weedeater soon.

Slopestyle Rider
    That's a pretty sweet Bank!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by DSFA
    Was thinking of going by in the morning, could probably do Monday morning and stay for awhile. Just depends on how sleepy I am after working all night.
    I'll try bringing the weedeater soon.
    I can definitely be out there Monday, morning or afternoon. Send me a PM for my # if you want to meet up

contains quinine
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy

Don't forget your Radio Flyer Tricycle.

Really.
    Take the long cut, we'll get there eventually.

mtbr member
    I can definitely be out there Monday, morning or afternoon. Send me a PM for my # if you want to meet up
    Will PM you later tonight.
    Skipping tomorrow since it's raining.