Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2003

Best Bike Fit in Denver Area?

Wondering which shop you thinks does the best mountain bike fit for an aggressive cross-country rider in the Denver area? I bought a nice new ride and I figure I might as well pony up a couple more dollars to get it fit right.

Cost is not really a concern, but I want it to be reasonable.

Thanks!

pdh
    mtbr member
    I had Wheatridge fit me to my mt. bike and my road bike. I though they did a good job.
    I cant remember the cost.
    I JUST WANT A BICYCLE!!!!! " Why-why are you yelling at me?"
    WHATEVER, MAKE ME A BICYCLE CLOWN!!!!!!!!!

Big Boned
    What's his name up in Boulder -- Pruitt, right?
    Never rub another man's rhubarb.

...drat...
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    What's his name up in Boulder -- Pruitt, right?
    I have some specific orthopedic issues, and I just got the 3D fit with Dr. Pruitt and Sean Madsen up at BCSM. It was a very cool experience, and they did a great job with the fit. While Dr. Pruitt seems more focused on road bikes, Sean's an avid mountain biker, and we were able to find common ground so everybody there knew what I like to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nat Ross in Boulder has a lot of MTB fitting experience. I can't remember the name of his business though. Nevermind, I found it.

probikecenter.com

ColoradoCoolBreeze
    I take a bag of tools on the trail and start adjusting stuff myself.
    I let pain and comfort be my guide.

In my case after many tuning sessions I ended up replacing my seat(higher quality),
    handlebars(wider), stem(shorter) grips(higher quality), peddles(more grip), front fork(more travel).

If you do get a shopfit you will still want to fine tune and replace things.

hth

TEAM TOPEAK - ERGON
    +1 for Nat at Pro Bike Center in Golden.

feel the Force
    There's best in Denver, and then there's best in the world. Both of then happen to coincide! Boulder Center for Sports Medicine is the only place to get a true 3-dimensional, dynamic analysis done by medically based people, who also happen to be fanatical about riding bikes. Andy's been fitting bikes for longer than most of us have been around. He's probably fit more people than every other fitter combined, and has written the curriculum for most of the major fit schools out there. If you want the best, there you go.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    I'd like to add some comments as someone who has done a ton of bike fit.

If you don't have some sort of orthopedic, nerve, or joint issue, or no real cycling experience, just listen to your body. Somebody already said it, but listen to your body, make small adjustments as you go, evaluate them, and lather, rinse, repeat. For road biking, I'd say get a pro fit, but MTB'ing, where so much is body english and weight shift, and it is SO terrain specific that you are going to get 99% there if you have some experience and the patience to use it.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

i took the wheels home
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1
    There's best in Denver, and then there's best in the world. Both of then happen to coincide! Boulder Center for Sports Medicine is the only place to get a true 3-dimensional, dynamic analysis done by medically based people, who also happen to be fanatical about riding bikes. Andy's been fitting bikes for longer than most of us have been around. He's probably fit more people than every other fitter combined, and has written the curriculum for most of the major fit schools out there. If you want the best, there you go.
    If you can do it right, you can get insurance to cover part of the fit at BCSM, too. After knee surgery a few years back my physical therapist from BCSM got it "prescribed." It was a really good thing to have done.

mtbr member
    May 2004

probikecenter.com

Another vote for Nat.....pro bike center was great!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    How much does the Pruitt bike fit cost? It sounds like it costs hundreds of dollars.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meph
    How much does the Pruitt bike fit cost? It sounds like it costs hundreds of dollars.
    The basic fit is $300 and the 3D fit is $400.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbjedi1
    BCSM is not the only place to get a 3-D dynamic fit.

http://bouldercyclesport.com/page.cfm?PageID=284

As mentioned, mountain biking is a compromise between ideal power production position and traction/position. Likely more bang for the buck for Roadies & Tri-geeks, but proper bike fit is certainly not something to be overlooked if you suffer from injuries or other discomforts.

mtbr member
    Another vote for BCSM in boulder. I had a bike fit by Tami, and most of it was covered by insurance.
    "Serves you right to suffer." -The Wife (after being 2 hours late)

mtbr member
    Todd Carver at Retül (www.retul.com). He worked with Pruitt for years at BCSM and now has his on gig going. It's a dynamic fit, reasonably priced and spot on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I can't say enough good things about Todd Carver. He did my 3-D fit when he was at BCSM, and i've been pain-free for a year and a half (after being in excrutiating pain nearly every ride for a year).

He's a super nice guy, as well. You won't regret going to him.

formerly shabadu
    Nov 2006

Slopestyle Rider
    Aggressive XC?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yosh
    I can't say enough good things about Todd Carver. He did my 3-D fit when he was at BCSM, and i've been pain-free for a year and a half (after being in excrutiating pain nearly every ride for a year).

He's a super nice guy, as well. You won't regret going to him.

Same story here! Todd did my road bike, and sent me to Colorado Multisport in Boulder for my tri bike fit and I did a minor fit on the mtb there as well. I will be visiting Todd at Retul as the need arises.

hehe ...you said "member"
    Quote Originally Posted by DWF
    I'd like to add some comments as someone who has done a ton of bike fit.

If you don't have some sort of orthopedic, nerve, or joint issue, or no real cycling experience, just listen to your body. Somebody already said it, but listen to your body, make small adjustments as you go, evaluate them, and lather, rinse, repeat. For road biking, I'd say get a pro fit, but MTB'ing, where so much is body english and weight shift, and it is SO terrain specific that you are going to get 99% there if you have some experience and the patience to use it.
    Makes sense to me ... that's how I've gone about it and with good results.
    In my case,the biggest difference has been with using bar ends .... I know, I know ... many will scoff, but at 6'7" with long ape-like arms, the bar ends have improved my comfort and power with climbing immensely.
    Also, an adjustable travel fork is a pricey, but oh-so-tasty option to have.

percocet pioneer.
    wheat ridge cyclery, easily the best fit in denver.

old enough to know better

Bike Fit by Annie Sirotniak in Boulder

Annie Sirotniak http://bicyclefit.net/

I had a fit done by Annie. She did a great job for me. Also, she was one of the first folks in the area doing bike fit.

I highly recommend considering her.

mtbr member
    Pro Bike Center Andy is great but you will have to wait a while to get in

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

SingleTrack Factory - Denver

Try out the SingleTrack Factory in Denver, knowledgeable staff, great bikes and great attitude.
    JK
    www.jettmtb.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast